[Game] Grizzlies @ Kings - 11/3/15 - 7 PST, 10 EST

You have problems when you trust, say, DeMarcus Cousins. If you just read box scores, as an aside, you don’t get Cousins. He puts up amazing numbers, but has no basketball IQ. He’ll come down the stretch making mistake after mistake in holding the ball, forcing shots, committing bad fouls. I believe he is well meaning and really wants to win. But he never can until he has a coach who isn’t afraid of him. You can tell everyone in that organization is afraid to say anything to him for fear of what he might do. The only time I ever saw him play intelligently--which shows he can—was under Mike Krzyzewski with USA Basketball. Karl could have been that guy, but his job is so tenuous now he cannot afford another incident with Cousins. I picked them to make the playoffs because they do have talent. But Cousins will constantly frustrate them. It’s funny to listen to their TV announcers ignore all his wacky moves. I assume his family watches the games.

- Sam Smith

At some point Ben is gonna have to hit some shots. Lets hope tonight is the night.
At some point Marco is gonna have to hit some shots. Lets hope tonight is the night.

If we're going to call out one SG who has been shooting poorly, we might as well make it fair and call out the other SG that is shooting worse...

You have problems when you trust, say, DeMarcus Cousins. If you just read box scores, as an aside, you don’t get Cousins. He puts up amazing numbers, but has no basketball IQ. He’ll come down the stretch making mistake after mistake in holding the ball, forcing shots, committing bad fouls. I believe he is well meaning and really wants to win. But he never can until he has a coach who isn’t afraid of him. You can tell everyone in that organization is afraid to say anything to him for fear of what he might do. The only time I ever saw him play intelligently--which shows he can—was under Mike Krzyzewski with USA Basketball. Karl could have been that guy, but his job is so tenuous now he cannot afford another incident with Cousins. I picked them to make the playoffs because they do have talent. But Cousins will constantly frustrate them. It’s funny to listen to their TV announcers ignore all his wacky moves. I assume his family watches the games.

- Sam Smith
Is that real?

If so I am quoting this just so that clown can't try to go back and erase his words. That's kind of hilarious that someone would actually believe that. Seems as if Smith watched the first Clippers game and decided he would base his opinion on that.

Is that real?

If so I am quoting this just so that clown can't try to go back and erase his words. That's kind of hilarious that someone would actually believe that. Seems as if Smith watched the first Clippers game and decided he would base his opinion on that.
I said the exact thing to some friends.

He watched the clippers game. The first one.

I expect a loss here without big Cuz. Grizz just got destroyed by the Warriors so they will be sharp tonight, not to mention most of their starters are pretty well rested. Lucky us.

However, I don't expect a blowout. I think we can hang tough. A major x factor would be if one of Belli or Ben get hot.

I expect a loss here without big Cuz. Grizz just got destroyed by the Warriors so they will be sharp tonight, not to mention most of their starters are pretty well rested. Lucky us.

However, I don't expect a blowout. I think we can hang tough. A major x factor would be if one of Belli or Ben get hot.
Not to mention all of our starters are well rested with 2 days off.

While true, I was mostly referring to to the advantage we were supposed to get with a back to back for the grizzlies, but are not really getting because they were blown out so badly.
The advantage is still present. Now if you want to argue how much of an advantage it is knowing that the starters sat in the 4th quarter, be my guest.

The advantage is still present. Now if you want to argue how much of an advantage it is knowing that the starters sat in the 4th quarter, be my guest.
Which is why I said "not really" getting. Sure, they did play yesterday and most of their starters are a lot older than ours, plus like you said we are rested so yes, we do have an advantage, just not as significant had it been a close game.

Which is why I said "not really" getting. Sure, they did play yesterday and most of their starters are a lot older than ours, plus like you said we are rested so yes, we do have an advantage, just not as significant had it been a close game.
That indicates that the advantage isn't very substantial which isn't true. Having 2 days off when the other team has had to play the night before is an advantage. Is it as a big of an advantage if each one of their starters played 5, 10, or 20 more minutes? No, but it still swings in our favor.

The bottom line is the Kings don't need to be worrying about this sort of stuff. What they need to be focused on is giving the same effort they have given over the past 3 games.

"The Memphis Grizzlies endured their most lopsided defeat in franchise history in the opener to a season-high five-game road trip, but that miserable performance also gave their starters time to rest for the second of a back-to-back."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/grizzl...DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDUFJEQ1RMMV8xBHNlYwNzYw--

So last night was their most lopsided defeat ever...yes, they may come in a little more motivated than usual but I believe we are up for the challenge. We too are well rested, we are at home and we also have some motivation in showing we have added skill and talent - and this season we are much more than just DMC (no disrespect to the big fella!). Go Kings!

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat

- Sam Smith
When/where was that from?

When/where was that from?
It's legit, the Bulls beat writer said that today. I believe that actually is what DeMarcus' tweet was about.

Being discussed on /r/nba, where plenty of others are jumping on the nonsensical bandwagon. Even a Kings fan there talking about how he hopes we trade Boogie if his attitude doesn't change, because apparently, Cousins is what's holding us back. Mind-boggling. Although there's a good chance he took that position to get imaginary internet points.

It's legit, the Bulls beat writer said that today. I believe that actually is what DeMarcus' tweet was about.

Being discussed on /r/nba, where plenty of others are jumping on the nonsensical bandwagon. Even a Kings fan there talking about how he hopes we trade Boogie if his attitude doesn't change, because apparently, Cousins is what's holding us back. Mind-boggling. Although there's a good chance he took that position to get imaginary internet points.
I keep mine in a storage unit in Albuquerque. I visit every once in a while just to think about how I will spend them once google figures out how to monetize it.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
But "Boogie's tweet" was yesterday, right?

Anyway, I don't get the handwringing over Boogie tweeting about "shaking his head". Warriors were KILLING the Grizz, Ross got a big extension, there was probably some sort of scandalous turn on some prime-time TV show, it could be anything. Doesn't have to be some sort of internal drama.

dude12

Hall of Famer

It's amazing how people want to blame Cuz for us not winning before with the crapty rosters he's played with....not to mention some sketchy head coaches and also last years self-inflicted killshot from Pete D'Allesandro.

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Tonight may end up a blessing in discuise to see what starters can do with the Karl game against a plodding Griz team. And another Curry in could give them added grief. Like the idea of Moreland getting some time as he runs well and slowly but surely Kings coming together.

K

KingMilz

Tonight may end up a blessing in discuise to see what starters can do with the Karl game against a plodding Griz team. And another Curry in could give them added grief. Like the idea of Moreland getting some time as he runs well and slowly but surely Kings coming together.
I don't really think we will need Moreland cause the Grizzlies back up bigs have zero post game in the other Green/Wright so your better off attacking them with scoring and speed. Unless off course our two bigs get in big foul trouble we are still better running on the Grizz.

It's amazing how people want to blame Cuz for us not winning before with the poopooty rosters he's played with....not to mention some sketchy head coaches and also last years self-inflicted killshot from Pete D'Allesandro.
This is just an excuse though. Not making the playoffs is one thing. Not even sniffing the hunt for the playoffs is another for a supposed HOF center. It works both ways - great players will make their poopooty rosters or even poopooty coaches look somewhat decent. Cousins, for all his individual strengths, hasn't been a guy who you can clearly say made his team mates better over the past 5 seasons. I expect him to take that next step in the coming seasons, but IMO he's nowhere even close to being in that top-tier MVP discussion this season, let alone the discussion of best player in the league (which he has said he wants to be). Then again, it's early in the season so he may very well prove me wrong.

My biggest beef with Cousins has always been that he never seems to come back from an offseason having polished moves/ footwork. Everything we see from him is pretty much the result of his size and agility and good hands, but there hasn't been a single season where he's come back and shown a more polished post game or hook shot or anything of that sort. The truth is that quite a handful of guys in the league have better post games than DeMarcus, but lack his physical tools. About the biggest improvement I can find is his defense. I compare that with guys like LeBron, Kobe, Wade ... even Curry, who made huge steps since coming into the league in terms of footwork, or working on floaters or jumpshots or whatever it is. Obviously I may be wrong in my assessment and unfair in that I'm comparing a center with guards, but I do think that it is fair to say DeMarcus is far less dominant in the post than guys like Duncan/Shaq were and lowering the bar a little maybe even prime Al Jefferson/ LMA/ Vucevic.

Still, he's relatively young and is already putting up great numbers despite all of this. I just think that he hasn't proven that he's quite the basketball legend we sometimes make him out to be.

My predictions for the game:

Ben McLemore breaks out of his "slump" if you will, and drops at least 18 points tonight.

WCS continues to impress with his defensive prowess, and the Kings pull out a victory, led by Rudy Gay and company !

Entity

Hall of Famer
For those interested in my geographical dynamic as to NBA. LP which I pay $200 per year for is blacked out for all games vs Atlanta, Memphis, and New Orleans. I do however get the Atlanta and Memphis fox sports channels which that sport pack is $10 a month so $120 a year. New Orleans I am blacked out all the way it's the farthest away of the 3