[Game] Grizzlies @ Kings - 11/3/15 - 7 PST, 10 EST

Entity

Hall of Famer
Is this going to be like how that football team owner was being vague about whether that one guy would play in the game on Sunday, and then the guy was gone?
No this is actually Karl not saying he will be benched through the media. Which flys in the face of who Karl is so I don't know. Btw I got to thinking about Anderson. All that pops in my mind is Jim Jackson. How he wasn't wanted by any team and was sitting at home when we called. Turned out to be a helluva player for us

Entity

Hall of Famer
What a shock! 1% FG difference.
1st you don't want to have that low % from your starter, next what brings Bellinelli on the table besides the scores are overweights his current TEMPORARY struggle with the scoring.
What is the our weakest spot in the roster? and you have your answer to your DFL.
1 I thought it was 31 to 25

Karl talks a lot about lost points on the perimeter last year because of poor offense and defense, so he is emphasizing 3s. With this teams poor outside shooting, that concerns me.
it's cool though he's got our Superstar big man who nobody can guard in the paint outside launching 3s and starting his offense from the perimeter. everything will be fine!

No this is actually Karl not saying he will be benched through the media. Which flys in the face of who Karl is so I don't know. Btw I got to thinking about Anderson. All that pops in my mind is Jim Jackson. How he wasn't wanted by any team and was sitting at home when we called. Turned out to be a helluva player for us
Or Vernon Maxwell... we need a old vet who still has some game.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
What a shock! 1% FG difference.
1st you don't want to have that low % from your starter, next what brings Bellinelli on the table besides the scores are overweights his current TEMPORARY struggle with the scoring.
What is the our weakest spot in the roster? and you have your answer to your DFL.
.313 versus .259 is "1%" difference?

Entity

Hall of Famer
Terrance Williams still around. I really liked that guy the brief time he was here. Played good defense and had good handles and shot the three very while while here. Not sure the shooting was the norm or not. Just got to keep him from beating up women. Nancy wouldn't like him

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a lot in between Mclemore's head to crack. Even now in his 3rd season, he's looking more ATHLETE than actual basketball player. Athletic guy with no handles, no feel for the game. I was really rooting for Ben, because he's important to the success of this team. But I think seen enough to know that Ben's going to be a bust.
Ben had a better year as a 21 year old than many of the SG's that we think would be upgrades. We can decide we need better win now pieces (though we can't reasonably obtain them) but it's still too early to claim he's a bust

Jackson was a 10 year vet who averaged double digits (including years from 15-25 ppg) in his career. Anderson isn't that guy.

Terrance Williams still around. I really liked that guy the brief time he was here. Played good defense and had good handles and shot the three very while while here. Not sure the shooting was the norm or not. Just got to keep him from beating up women. Nancy wouldn't like him
I liked Williams but he isn't a good enough shooter, even when he was here last.

Ben had a better year as a 21 year old than many of the SG's that we think would be upgrades. We can decide we need better win now pieces (though we can't reasonably obtain them) but it's still too early to claim he's a bust
I hope I'm wrong, but I'm pretty confident in my assessment after watching him for over 2 years now as a King . Almost all players will start to "get it" in their third year. I'm not seeing this from Ben.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
I'm still on board with trading McLemore for cap space. Nobody with a quality SG is likely to trade one to us for anything we'd be willing to give up. And, if we're not going to play him, anyway, we might as well sign some grizzled free agent vet to wave a towel for a third the price.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
So not cool, dude.

I stand corrected; not my fault that ESPN hadn't updated their stats. Doesn't really change the fact that McLemore isn't the only player who's been consistently bad, which is what you implied.
And Bellini has been bad in more minutes. But it is like arguing whether the Bertie Boot vomit flavor tastes worse than booger flavor. News alert. They are both bad.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
oh, I thought Romo was hurt and out for some time...you must be talking about the backup quarterback, whoever that is.
I'm not sure who they were talking about: I don't like football, so I tend to zone out when people are talking about it. I just seem to remember LeBatard and Stugotz getting a good laugh about of the owner of one of the teams (I'm 75 percent sure it was Dallas) being asked by a reporter about some player's status for the game on Sunday, and the owner not giving a direct answer. And then, the player didn't play in the game on Sunday, and it came out the next day that he'd been traded.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
And Bellini has been bad in more minutes. But it is like arguing whether the Bertie Boot vomit flavor tastes worse than booger flavor. News alert. They are both bad.
Nah, it seems as though some Kings Fans won't be satisfied until everybody "admits" that McLemore is the worst. Anything that suggests that he might not be the worst is to be taken as defending him.

I'm not sure who they were talking about: I don't like football, so I tend to zone out when people are talking about it. I just seem to remember LeBatard and Stugotz getting a good laugh about of the owner of one of the teams (I'm 75 percent sure it was Dallas) being asked by a reporter about some player's status for the game on Sunday, and the owner not giving a direct answer. And then, the player didn't play in the game on Sunday, and it came out the next day that he'd been traded.
It's Joseph Randle, the Cowboys ex-starting RB. But he was cut not traded.

Last edited:
J

jdbraver

Nah, it seems as though some Kings Fans won't be satisfied until everybody "admits" that McLemore is the worst. Anything that suggests that he might not be the worst is to be taken as defending him.
Belinelli is bad when he isn't set but shoots anyway. Still he is confident and hits big shots. Ben is hesitant lacks confidence and misses those he does take. Sorry but I'd take the confident guy any day

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Belinelli is bad when he isn't set but shoots anyway. Still he is confident and hits big shots. Ben is hesitant lacks confidence and misses those he does take...
I don't dispute a word of any of this. All I'm saying is that, in the here and now, in the 2015-16 Sacramento Kings regular season, the greater confidence and greater basketball IQ that we all agree that Belinelli has has not amounted to anything. I imagine that it will. Hell, the safe bet is that it definitely will. But that doesn't change the fact that it hasn't.

We can look at past performance and say that one guy has, historically, been better than the other guy. But, if it doesn't bear out for us on the court, in a Kings uniform, what difference does it make?