[Grades] Grades v. Rockets 04/03/2013

Which one drove you furthest up the wall tonight?:

• John Salmons. TAKE HIM OUT.

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • Isaiah Thomas. TAKE HIM OUT. MAKE HIM STOP SHOOTING. Something.

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • DeMarcus Cousins. Big guy. Forget about him over on the bench?

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Tyreke Evans. Maybe you could put him in with more than 3min to go?

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Jason Thompson. 17pts 15reb and watching Patterson play in 4th?

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Marcus Thornton. 21pts. Maybe better option than Salmons, 0pts?

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Couldn't vote in the poll b cease the thing that bothered me most was the general poor play, shot selection, shot making, FG o/o, general off game by players. Some bright spots from JT, MT, Evans but not a good effort by those that played. And sluggish play idled some of our starters.

they should just go ahead and dump smart now and be done with it, already. Watching dead man walking is painful, its gotta be kinda painful to live it as well, right?

hire Johny Depp or Carrot-top to coach out the year, or assign it an a game-by-game raffle to lucky season ticket holders.... i gotta imagine that the worst case scenario from this would be performance remaininig at its current level...

Jerry Reynolds... it is time to take your place on the bench again

Really I don't have many complaints about this game. We where chopping away at the lead and got within three points. Then we completely blew it on a sequence of plays with about 2 mins left. I hated that part. It was kind of pathetic.

I don't know why you guys still get worked up over Smart. We're T-minus.. 10 games left of the Smart era before a new era of Kings basketball.
Exactly. And staying in Sac, the rebuild should begin with a top draft pick to go with new front office... Every loss is a LIN!

gunks

Hall of Famer
As bad as Salmons minutes/production was last night, as much blame should go on GP than Smart.

Did we really want to see Outlaw out there? JJ (well, I still have hope for JJ under a real coach)?

GP hasn't gone hard after a solid 3, I'm not even talking allstar or borderline...Just solid, starting caliber, since he traded Ron "Metta World Elbow" Artest for what amounted to 2 scrub prospects that wont even be remembered as ever being in the league in a couple years. It is ridiculous.

I really cant wait til the Kings org. is purged of all the jokers, bums, and airheads.

The Kings' offense was able to stay with Houston. A few stops here and there would have made the difference. Missing all of those layups in the first quarter did not help. Smart is hard to figure out in the fourth quarter, really the only one that matters in close games.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
The Kings' offense was able to stay with Houston. A few stops here and there would have made the difference. Missing all of those layups in the first quarter did not help. Smart is hard to figure out in the fourth quarter, really the only one that matters in close games.
If the 1st - 3rd quarters are managed better, then the 4th doesn't become an issue in many of these games. We are in a hole in the 4th because of how the first three quarters have been managed.