[Game] Golden State Warriors (6) @ Sacramento Kings (3) (WCDS Game 7, 3-3) 4/30/2023 12:30pm Pacific 3:30pm Eastern (ABC)

On October 3, 2022, did you, in your wildest dreams, picture the Kings playing in a game 7?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
THE Sacramento Kings began the 2022-2023 campaign with a preseason win in Los Angeles on October 3, 2022. 85 games later, THE same Sacramento Kings concluded their best season since the 2005-2006 campaign, which (for those of you who either have not paid any attention, or have been living under a rock this entire time) also was the last time THE Kings saw postseason action.

On October 3, 2022, I am not sure many of us, if any at all, saw our beloved Kings playing for the right to face the Los Angeles LeBrons in round 2 of the Western Conference playoffs 5/6 months later (see poll - and vote...).

Well, here we are...On Sunday, April 30th, 2023. We are going to be playing for the right to face the Los Angeles LeBrons in round 2 of the Western Conference playoffs.

If game 6 was "Win Or Go Home" time, then I am not quite certain I know what game 7 is going to be...

What I do know is that Game 7 in Sacramento, California inside of the Golden 1 Center against the defending world champions means just ONE THING, Kings Fam Bam...

#BeamTheMuthaEffingLight

JUST.
GOD.
DAMN.
MUTHA.
EFFING.
BEAM.
THAT.
ISH.

Game 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotta pressure on both sides, if our 121ppg offense shows up I like our chances.

Interested to see what Harrison Barnes is gonna do in a game of this magnitude. Would be a nice time for him to show out and help our lesser experienced players get settled.

It honestly feels like if Sabonis brings his A-Game, we're the better team and when Lyles and Monk bring their A-Game off the bench, we're the better bench.

I'm hoping Wiggins stays cold from 3. How does Jordan Poole respond after a complete dud in game 6?

Draymond obviously played his best game of the series in game 5, you'd have to think he's back in the starting lineup after Pooles game 6 no-show.

Whats Huerter gonna do?! I'm always a believer that he's clutch so It wouldnt surprise me to see him go off.

Last edited:
Each game this series has had its own narrative so I am not sure how much carry over to expect from game 6 if any! Will be interesting how Kerr will counter with the small ball lineup. Does Coach B have another trick up his sleeve? I am hoping for Fox and Monk to be on the floor during crucial moments. Limit the turnovers and offensive rebounds, make your free-throws and I like our chances, Go Kings!!

It's all on Fox and Monk if they play well the GSW have zero chance of stopping them and their combined fire power is to much.
It doesn't have to be all on them but it would be probably most expected since they keyed games 1 and 6 and sorta flubbed game 4 - other players stepping up is a big insurance to not letting the game get out-of-hand. Shooting efficiency is the single most influential statistic in basketball - it can tear down a Herculean effort, or save a wobbly win. Honestly I'd love to see Huerter Bucks #2 game show up -- hoping. It can't be just Monk and Fox really. The other's need to pull some weight - think of a tug-of-war - in shooting. Quite a few months ago, I wrote on the importance of multiple players getting in on double figures, and how the Kings win based on number of players in double figures......generally when 6 players hit double figures for them, their odds of winning go up a bunch, while 7 players, it was an overwhelming majority of winning. I dont know if they hit 7, but 6 would be the goal. Gotta have 6 players doing well or averagely at least.

For the Warriors, if Poole has a good or great game, it's going to be difficult on the Kings - it takes alot of scoring pressure off other players. Curry and Thompson are likely gonna get their 60 pts. Gotta hold the other players off adequately. I'm also afraid Wiggins has a big game offensively. He had his worst game of the series in game 6. - he is a problem for the Kings when on offense. His midrange game is MUCH better than Green's.. The Kings did manage to win game 2 with Wiggins going off. I'd love to see the game 2 Kings - that was a glimpse into possibilities of the team embracing defense, but that was an exceptional game and maybe just too much to expect yet.

Just think, whoever wins will draw a Laker team playing their best basketball of the season at the right time :) as a reward.

compared to the other game 7’s this century, how is everyone feeling? I feel my confidence dropped with each series, specifically the wolves game due to webber not being himself. This game i actually feel pretty confident based on how we have have played.

Status
Not open for further replies.