Gaming Thread!

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
I am playing Diablo 4 and my name is "pyropete" in game. I am level 80 right now. Trying to get my gear the way I like it has cost me so much gold and veiled crystals. I have only like 2 million gold and about 30 veiled crystals as of right now.. Almost done with my 78-80 gear though. I need that Necromancer ring that's best in slot so I can take off some of the bonus damage from my skeletons. But alas, I am poor.. Can anyone here give me about 30mil gold? hehe.
I played the single-player game with an ice shards sorcerer and kept playing after up to level 60. Decided to try a pulverizing druid at that point and that character has been much more fun to play - up to level 67 right now (full-time wearbear with aftershock, etc., spamming overpower full time). I've got over 34 mil gold right now, but I'm stocking up. Sorry. :)

I played the single-player game with an ice shards sorcerer and kept playing after up to level 60. Decided to try a pulverizing druid at that point and that character has been much more fun to play - up to level 67 right now (full-time wearbear with aftershock, etc., spamming overpower full time). I've got over 34 mil gold right now, but I'm stocking up. Sorry. :)
Very nice.. I need to get some people to play with because I have all these things that increase the level of the dungeons. About 25 of them or so.

My video card isnt up to snuff. I can't get past the first shoot out without crashing. But it got me hooked quicker than BG3 did. Just watched avideo on ships. I'm happy it sounds like it will be easy to get into pirati.. i mean shipbuilding.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Starfield - Still great. I’m too much of a hoarder. I’m never going to finish because there’s too much to do. I’ve never even beaten Skyrim across its 8,000 releases because I always get too distracted and this is like Skyrim times one thousand and in space.

Lies of P - An excellent Soulslike. Loving it.

((Both on GamePass. What an investment that was.))

Lords of the Fallen - A bad Soulslike. I don’t know how people are loving it with its loose and floaty controls. Looks amazing and has a great atmosphere, but the gameplay isn’t up to snuff.

SpiderMan 2 - Actually not interested in the next big big release. SM1 was fine. I’m playing a little Miles Morales now to see if it got me into the mood, and no. Again, just fine. I’ll play it when it gets a discount at some point.

I've got over 275 million gold right now. Just stockpiling in case I need it later.... :)
Second season I have like 50mil now. I do need a bunch of those things to help "enchant" gear or whatever to change the stats. I am lucky I got Mendelin ring as Necro with minions. That ring is so OP when it activates with 12 minions. I have that new ring but since I use sever instead of explode I haven't really tried it. I might though since I got some new pants that would be perfect with a buff in corpse explosion, and the aspect thing that buffs it.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Second season I have like 50mil now. I do need a bunch of those things to help "enchant" gear or whatever to change the stats. I am lucky I got Mendelin ring as Necro with minions. That ring is so OP when it activates with 12 minions. I have that new ring but since I use sever instead of explode I haven't really tried it. I might though since I got some new pants that would be perfect with a buff in corpse explosion, and the aspect thing that buffs it.
Yeah, getting the unique items can really help with making a build work.

I'm stockpiling uniques for possible future use - right now I've got Overkill (Death Blow creates a shockwave, dealing [24 -38%] of its Base damage to enemies. Enemies who die to this effect also reset Death Blow's Cooldown) rocking with my rend-death blow-thorns barbarian and it's working great (level 90) - the death blow level up and the shockwave Overkill provides can really do some damage, especially with the Red Ring of Furor (after spending 100 Fury within 3 seconds, your next cast of Hammer of the Ancients, Upheaval, or Death Blow is a guaranteed Critical Strike and deals 10-30% bonus Critical Strike Damage). Just keep generating berserking via death blow and use some special aspects/uniques to focus on those two skills and you can wipe out groups fairly efficiently. I like using the two-handed sword weapon technique because you can generate bleeding with all of your attacks and then include at least one skill point in Hamstring to slow healthy enemies every time they bleed. It's the combo effects like this that really help a build be successful. Don't forget that the Weapon Master's Aspect enhances your Weapon Mastery Skills by providing an extra charge.

So, use aspects that generate fury, keep slicing with rend (at least 3 swipes to kick in the RRoF bonus), hit them with death blow to generate lots of damage, a shockwave, and berserking, and as long as you kill an enemy the death blow cooldown resets for immediate re-use. WMA gives another charge so you can slam it again if you don't kill an enemy the first time. When fighting a boss/elite, keep swinging the rend and then hit the death blow when you can - the cool down isn't THAT long and with two charges, I try to space them apart a little so I keep hitting with death blow at regular intervals with some rend in between to get the RRoF bonus.

Last edited:

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I really really want to get FF7Remake Part 2, but I’m forcing myself to beat the slog that is FF16 first.

And let me tell you, I really really really do not like this game. Everything is so linear, and the side quests are some of the most menial nonsense I’ve ever played.

The boss fights are cool enough but they can overstay their welcome and go on way too long.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Dragon’s Dogma 2 on the horizon. I should probably go ahead and break out the remaster of DD1 I never really sank my teeth into … Just like with FF16 & FF7, I’m not letting myself impulse buy the other without beating the former.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I really really want to get FF7Remake Part 2, but I’m forcing myself to beat the slog that is FF16 first.

And let me tell you, I really really really do not like this game. Everything is so linear, and the side quests are some of the most menial nonsense I’ve ever played.

The boss fights are cool enough but they can overstay their welcome and go on way too long.
Finally finished. I hated this game so much. Lol

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Don’t get the Helldivers hype … I bought it, and it’s just a run-of-the-mill live-service shooter with boring repeating missions and fine but not groundbreaking gameplay. In a world where The Suicide Squad is getting absolutely raked by everyone, I don’t get why the other live service game with limited missions is so successful.

Is it the price point? (40 instead of full-price) Is it just a desire to see the “little man” / smaller studio succeed? Less expectations?

Don’t get the Helldivers hype … I bought it, and it’s just a run-of-the-mill live-service shooter with boring repeating missions and fine but not groundbreaking gameplay. In a world where The Suicide Squad is getting absolutely raked by everyone, I don’t get why the other live service game with limited missions is so successful.

Is it the price point? (40 instead of full-price) Is it just a desire to see the “little man” / smaller studio succeed? Less expectations?
Probably saying more about the genre itself (looter shooter?) that people are still interested in an overall capable one that doesn't cheat them out of their sweat equity that everyone knowingly and willingly signed up for.

Having dropped over 50+ hours in, mostly just weekend hunts with friends, I am just delighted that it is here readily available, no catch-up needed, cross-platform so most can easily jump on hassle-free. The low price point and desire to root for small studios just make it easier to go back in to see what else they've added.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Probably saying more about the genre itself (looter shooter?) that people are still interested in an overall capable one that doesn't cheat them out of their sweat equity that everyone knowingly and willingly signed up for.

Having dropped over 50+ hours in, mostly just weekend hunts with friends, I am just delighted that it is here readily available, no catch-up needed, cross-platform so most can easily jump on hassle-free. The low price point and desire to root for small studios just make it easier to go back in to see what else they've added.
It’s not a looter-shooter because you don’t get loot while on your runs… an extraction shooter maybe? Get tokens and currency to bring back to your ship for gear and upgrades after the fact.