[Game] Game Forty-Something+1: Sacramento Kings @ Indiana Pacers. 1/31/15, 4:00PST, 7:00EST

can someone please tell me what's going on with DMC? The month of january he is shooting an abysmal 41%. Thats just not boogie. He doesnt seem like the same player since coming back from the illness.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
can someone please tell me what's going on with DMC? The month of january he is shooting an abysmal 41%. Thats just not boogie. He doesnt seem like the same player since coming back from the illness.
Cousins needs to get his head in the game... He hasn't been playing at an all star level lately. Terrible month if January
Yeah, that's it. Pick on the only guy to play with heart and effort every single freaking night, the one guy who is trying to carry at least three other players at almost every point in the game, even when his shot isn't falling.

Seriously? You wanted to see him continue to put the Pacers on the line courtesy of officials who were clearly NOT going to give him the benefit of the doubt? I'd rather see him sit and let the other guys finish.
I was gonna watch him get 20 rebounds and put the game away with a dunk.

I don't think his heart is there right now. He's been playing terrible lately. In all fairness, everyone has been playing terrible lately. Shouldn't be any excuses for playing like poo.

Yeah, that's it. Pick on the only guy to play with heart and effort every single freaking night, the one guy who is trying to carry at least three other players at almost every point in the game, even when his shot isn't falling.
Only guy to play with heart? Really?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I don't think his heart is there right now. He's been playing terrible lately. In all fairness, everyone has been playing terrible lately. Shouldn't be any excuses for playing like poo.
Have you been watching? His heart is in every single game. If it weren't, he wouldn't be so frustrated in the post-game interviews, blaming himself a lot of the time when he's done about the best he could possibly do. Playing terrible? Bullcrap.

He has been struggling since his illness. It's been mentioned in reports that he is still struggling with fatigue. Meningitis is a very, very serious illness. I'm not sure people realize that. Its not like getting over the flu.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Only guy to play with heart? Really?
Don't take my phrase out of context. I said "only guy to play with heart and effort every single freaking night."

You know what? Forget it. You're right, Cuz is trash and we should be ashamed that he's even going to the All-Star game.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Congratulations to the coaching staff for almost finding a way to lose this game. REMIND THEM OF THE OBVIOUS. Tell them to avoid the foul on the inside. It's not rocket surgery.

Don't take my phrase out of context. I said "only guy to play with heart and effort every single freaking night."

You know what? Forget it. You're right, Cuz is trash and we should be ashamed that he's even going to the All-Star game.
I never said Cuz was trash... He's not playing at an All Star level right now. Something's clearly up with him, and it's really speculation at this point

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
As relieved as I am that the players won, I'm not very happy about it. If the Pacers had found a way to hit from behind the arc, we would have been torched once again.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
That's a sincerely bizarre take. lots of things not going his way, but the heart is absolutely unquestionable. You know how much effort it takes to carry three guys on your back every night, dominate the boards, carry a bunch of bad defenders? Every single night its there. What's not though is the composure on offense.

Way to miss the point.
your missing mine. Boogie will always push himself to get the most for the team but its misused energy as running the floor is leading to a less effective cousins and its not playing to his strengths at all let alone the fact that he is recovering from illness and throwing his energy into a system and style of play with no substance, soley built on ideology.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Okay, DC trying to do his post-game interview and the guy with the CSN microphone is really being a turd, pushing the mic into his face, hanging it over his head, etc. DC looks clearly frustrated, although mysteriously trying hard not to laugh at the same time.

The camera finally pulls back and you can see who the jerk is messing with DC...it's Boogie, and suddenly all is clear. Good to see some of the locker room camaraderie returning. Boogie hands the mic back and disappears.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
the Pacers had no business shooting that many three's...the Kings were very fortunate that the Pacers can't shoot to save their lives. They haven't had a win of over two games all season long. Kings can now go back to their losing ways with GS and Phx coming up, they match up terribly against both teams considering this "style" they want to implement.

in no way shape or form was i picking on him. I know he brings the effort every night. I am just really wondering what is going on with his production because we all know he is a better player than this. I know his illness is most likely the main cause plus the new pace we are playing at isnt helping. I also notice he is shooting way too many jumpers and they arent falling like they were before.

K

KingMilz

He has been struggling since his illness. It's been mentioned in reports that he is still struggling with fatigue. Meningitis is a very, very serious illness. I'm not sure people realize that. Its not like getting over the flu.
Someone struggling with "fatigue" should not have the energy to chuck up 24 shots with half of them being contest off the dribble mid range jumpers they have no chance of making, also how can someone with fatigue after every rebound "push" the ball up the floor and try play the point? That makes no sense to me, if he's struggling with fatigue he would not be able to do any of those things.

He might have the same form of meningitis Josh Smith has had his entire career which forces you to play to your weaknesses and turn the ball over at a insanely high rate. That's the only excuse I can think.

He's just playing stupid that's basically the only answer.