Game 1 tickets - Warriors @ Kings

Thought I'd create this thread for anyone looking to purchase or sell tickets for Game 1 of the Warriors @ Kings playoff game. If any Kings fans actually want to sell to other Kings fans and avoid selling to potentially Warriors fans, at least we know everyone here is legit.

I'll start out with myself. Looking to purchase two (2) upper level tickets for Game 1. Tried my best with presale on Saturday, but the Kings Insider team sent the presale code to me after the tickets went on sale, so I was SOL minutes into it. Today, tried again for general sale and immediately had 2000+ people in front of me in the queue. I've waited for 20+ years to get to a playoff game, but I'm not desperate enough to buy from scalpers trying to sell for 2x or 3x the original price. They can go kick rocks.

dude12

Hall of Famer
I did a DM to someone on Twitter that Carmichael Dave had retweeted looking to sell two tickets in lower bowl but towards top. Total of $2200. I said thanks, but out of my price range and good luck and have fun with their other tickets they are using. Just can’t do that for that price as much as I’d like to be in the arena

I did a DM to someone on Twitter that Carmichael Dave had retweeted looking to sell two tickets in lower bowl but towards top. Total of $2200. I said thanks, but out of my price range and good luck and have fun with their other tickets they are using. Just can’t do that for that price as much as I’d like to be in the arena
Insanity

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Look into going at Chase instead. I wasn't about to pay $450+ per ticket to go in G1C but got two tickets at Chase instead. Game 3 prices are like $210 each last I checked (I paid a bit less a few days ago). I know it's not the same, but no way was I paying what is being asked for in G1C. Hopefully I'll get to see a Kings win on an opponent's floor. :)

Look into going at Chase instead. I wasn't about to pay $450+ per ticket to go in G1C but got two tickets at Chase instead. Game 3 prices are like $210 each last I checked (I paid a bit less a few days ago). I know it's not the same, but no way was I paying what is being asked for in G1C. Hopefully I'll get to see a Kings win on an opponent's floor. :)
You gotta factor in time, gas and parking (I'm not trying to discourage you from going down there).

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
You gotta factor in time, gas and parking (I'm not trying to discourage you from going down there).
I saw parking at some pretty insane prices nearing $100 near G1C. what's the parking sitch there?

At Moda there is a garage, I've used it twice - once when I bought top dollar seats at the school auction and they threw in a parking pass and once when I took my mom and my son to the NXT Takover they had here, I didn't want to make my mom walk.

If you're willing to walk about 5-10 minutes you can park on the streets in metered parking. I did this a few months ago when I had the Eagles tickets given to me and I took my sweet time getting to the arena, I think I spent $7.50 for ~2 hours of metered parking until 10ish. If you don't mind walking 10-15 minutes you can park for free on streets a little further away. From maps of parking in Sacramento I saw a similar walk during the playoffs you'd be paying upwards of $50!!!

I would venture to guess public transit is the way to go in Sac or the Bay Area? For the last game I went to with my son we went to the mall and bought him a Kings hat and then jumped on the Max (light rail) which was ~7.50 for an all day adult and child pass. When I lived in Boston I could take the T to the Garden and walk to Fenway. I'm glad Sacramentans don't have to drive to Natomas any longer but given how spread apart some of the best neighborhoods are public transit may still not be the best way for all?

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
I get it. Time isn't that big a deal to me for an isolated trip to SF for something like this.

When we went to the Stadium Tour concert at Oracle Park we drove across a bridge to the south and took Caltrain up which saved us like $40-50 in parking fees since parking at the Caltrain lot was free and the train itself was like $10-15 round trip.

For this, it sounds like we can take BART in and then catch a free MUNI to the arena, so a similar savings vs. parking. Gas will be a bit more but in no way will all of this add up to the $450 or whatever I am saving by going to SF instead of G1C based on ticket price alone.

I saw parking at some pretty insane prices nearing $100 near G1C. what's the parking sitch there?
Yeah, purchased parking passes for the normal cost (up to $25 or so) have already been canceled and now the cost is like $100. Folks are furious. I would be too.

For someone like me coming from the south Sacramento County area, you could park at CRC on the north side of Elk Grove or something and take light rail to the arena, but I figure it's a wash between the cost for that and the cost for Caltrain or BART.

I've never taken local light rail though. It doesn't go to the airport. It didn't go to ARCO. If I'm in my car already driving north, I'll just go the extra 10 miles or so to park near G1C and not deal with the light rail hassle as long as parking is reasonable (for arena events I typically park for $10-15 [whatever it is] at the Wells Fargo building, and it's typically 2 people in the car).

dude12

Hall of Famer
Too bad on the price gouging…..I mean I’d pay up to a certain point. Don’t really want to sit in upper bowl, so I’m priced out it looks like although I’ve seen some lower bowl going down for $815 a piece now which is less than the $2200 total

Too bad on the price gouging…..I mean I’d pay up to a certain point. Don’t really want to sit in upper bowl, so I’m priced out it looks like although I’ve seen some lower bowl going down for $815 a piece now which is less than the $2200 total
There were some game 2 lower bowel corner seats for around 650 earlier today. Was tempting, but still too steep. They were pretty good based in the preview view.

Unfortunately, I'm in LA and have already made a trip out for the first game. At worst, I'm going to look for a watch party in downtown Sac.

It looks like prices are starting to come down on the resale market today. I saw 750/ticket after fees a couple of times today for lower bowl. 2 days ago it was 900/950 as the cheapest.

I snagged a couple lower level tickets for game 1 a couple nights ago for 750 each. I said F it and went for it since it could be another 16 years before their next playoff round for all I know!

Selling 2 tickets section 219 row P. Paid $535 after fees and looking to just transfer them and not sell them to where ticketmaster steals $200 from me for reselling them on their site. Face value for what i got on them.
$535 for both? If so that’s a pretty good price considering how much they’re going for right now. I’d possibly be interested

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
For future clarification, what are we considering face value? There are literally 4 different face value prices for my seats.
Everywhere I have been the standard is what you actually paid for the ticket including fees maybe rounded up to the nearest dollar. So if you get a STH rate you don't charge the single ticket rate. But you aren't expected to lose money. I guess there might be a grey area if you bought resale tickets but if you have a receipt?

Everywhere I have been the standard is what you actually paid for the ticket including fees maybe rounded up to the nearest dollar. So if you get a STH rate you don't charge the single ticket rate. But you aren't expected to lose money. I guess there might be a grey area if you bought resale tickets but if you have a receipt?
VF21s post is clear. Original face value from original seller. If you bought a marked up ticket from stubhub you can't sell it here for that value. Youd have to eat it and sell it for original face value.

What is the experience like in the back of the upper bowl area?

I think the idea/principle of being price gouged is holding me back a bit more than the money itself…but I’m struggling with the idea of not being in G1C at least one game (rather than settling for Chase surrounded by Warrior fans). So maybe upper bowl is a compromise I can justify? I’m looking at a “seat view“ though and it’s unclear if you could even tell the players apart. Or maybe it’s a lousy photo.