First Preseason Game v. Lakers 10/4

Afflalo's ability and strength in the post works surprisingly well with Cousins and Gay. I liked the high low action with Cousins and Afflalo/Gay(Barnes is also good inside). I think you can see an identity organically forming. Malone bully ball, as it should be.

For those who can't watch:
1. A completely different looking offense and defense. It's hard to tell which is a more impressive change. We are definitely looking to grind at times, but Joerger also has a very nice passing system. Cousins is also initiating a lot of the offense from up top and already seems to have developed a good understanding of the offense. He also seems quite comfortable with Afflalo, who is showing us what a solid 2 guard looks like. The defense seems to be largely man to man at this time with no switching. I didn't notice if we played any zone defense. There is a lot of work to be done on both sides of the court, but our style is completely different. Very satisfying to see and very encouraging.
2. Cousins is still a beast, KK is still missing easy shots left and right, Rudy has played well and is more active tonight than he was most of last season. Collison is still Collison and Afflalo has been the major beneficiary of Cousins initiating the offense from up top.
3. The bench played decently, but they blew some defensive assignments. Most of the alley-oops came when the bench was in. Nothing really to write home about. Lawson looked solid and he is still pretty quick -- was encouraging. Tolliver didn't accomplish much and WCS looked alright. Casspi played well for the most part.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
0 ast from our pg position
Not enough of course, but I think we may have to look at the PGs a bit like we looked at them under the Princeton. Seems to be that style offense where Boogie, or WCS off the bench, have a lot of decisionmaking responsibility up top, and we've got multiple post up guys on the wings as well, meaning fewer assists. 5 a game from the start might not be bad.

Also why Rondo would not have fit this offense, and why Lawson may be wasted to. The Princeton was an anti-PG offense. So was the Triangle. Elements of both here.

0 ast from our pg position
To be fair a lot of our action has come from bigs in high post. Lawson had some good drives that led to open shots or hockey assist to open shot. Collison has looked sloppy, but doesn't bother me too much. Everyone is engaged on defense, good sign.

To be fair a lot of our action has come from bigs in high post. Lawson had some good drives that led to open shots or hockey assist to open shot. Collison has looked sloppy, but doesn't bother me too much. Everyone is engaged on defense, good sign.
Collison may be rusty, I am not sure if he was allowed to practice until they found out what the punishment was.