Evans takes top spot from Jennings

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/12/02/rookie.rankings/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

Evans told the Sacramento Bee this week he gets up about 1,000 shots on practice days. But Kings assistant Pete Carril, who has worked closely with Evans to improve his shooting form, isn't satisfied. "I think it's getting better," Carril told the Bee. "I wish he'd work a little harder at it because the potential for that kid is immense. There's not a thing he won't be able to do once he sets his mind to it -- I don't care what it is. Every aspect of the game, he has the potential to be good at every one, and that's not easy." So far, Evans' numbers have him in some pretty elite company. Through Tuesday, Evans and the Cavs' LeBron James are the only two players averaging 18.5 points, 5.0 rebounds, and 4.5 assists per game.

Our Evans and Cav's LeBron being compared already?

Go kings!

Party pooper.

Just kidding, but I'll never get tired of discussing Tyreke.

Matter of fact, let's start 5-10 more theads on this topic, and I will love every single one of them :D
I second that

I also noticed in that article that Omri has the highest shooting percentage of the top 10 rooks.
OMRI!!!!!

Last edited:
I would personally compare Tyreke Evans more to Dwyane Wade than Lebron - Lebron is a freak of nature - Reke doesn't nearly have Bron's skills, but I honestly think he'll be as good as Wade in a year or two - 27/6/5 anyone???

I would personally compare Tyreke Evans more to Dwyane Wade than Lebron - Lebron is a freak of nature - Reke doesn't nearly have Bron's skills, but I honestly think he'll be as good as Wade in a year or two - 27/6/5 anyone???
No never really liked the comparison. Wade is too explosive around the rim...where Tyreke is more like a bull and just punishes his oppenets while staying pretty much grounded.

I think his game compares MORE to Lebron IMO

Edit: Not saying that Lebron isn't explosive around the rim either

This is my first post on Kings fans in about two years. I drafted Tyreke Evans in the last round in my Yahoo Fantasy draft because of comments I heard how he was destroying other draft prospects at the combine. I have not been disapointed :p.

"But when the Wolves snapped their 15-game winning streak this week with a win over the Nuggets, the rookie and his teammates had a hard time containing themselves"

LMAO that's some impressive knowledge of NBA. Let's just call this a typo? :D:D

I don't want to take anything away from Tyreke, but he's been kind of projected to be at least in the running for rookie of the year I think even since he was in highschool...

To me, the best thing of this article is Omri at number 6?!?! I'm glad he's getting some media attention/respect. I love this guy.

(before anyone freaks out, I'd like to stress that Tyreke is obviously the S*** and I've been trash talking all of my friends - it's tough being a Kings fan in NY - that he would be ROY since the Kings drafted him.)

Go Reke! :D

I love where Omri is though, because no one would have ever predicted him to be near this good before the season. So congrats to Omri, too! :)

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I am waiting for AM, section 101, and swisshh to comment on this. It seems like this thread is bad news for them.:p
****ing stop, seriously.

People can't complain about posters who interrupt congratulatory threads to be critical, and then turn around and bait them when they haven't said anything.