Landry/McLemore/Collison
Sac Gets: Bledsoe

Then we have:
PG: Bledsoe/Miller/McCallum
SG: Sign a Vet / Stauskas
SF: Gay/Casspi
PF: WCS/Thompson
C: Cousins

Very weak bench, BUT could be a great starting line up that would be locked in salary cap wise then upgrade the bench next year when every other team is fighting over the big name free agents.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I can't get on board with trading Rudy for Bledsoe...Rudy really came along nicely once he got situated in Sacramento and helps take a lot of the scoring load off of Cousins' shoulder. Bledsoe is not that type of scorer, he is a nice third option to have but I'd go ahead and roll with Collison. Unless you can get him without giving up Gay then by all means!

If reports are true that PHX is re-signing Brandon Knight, I can see them moving Bledsoe, so they don't wind up with the same mess they had with Goran last year.

PHX needs a starting Shooting Guard or Small Forward in any trade for Bledsoe.

I think that a Eric Bledsoe for Rudy Gay trade may work out for both teams.

Another option would be Eric Bledsoe for Darren Collison, Nik Stauskas and Carl Landry.

If Bledsoe is moved, I hope the Kings can get him and re-unite him with Boogie to make him happy.

If Rudy Gay goes for Bledsoe, I wouldn't be surprised to see Darren Collison traded for Wilson Chandler shortly after.

Bledsoe is only worth it if we can trade him with some side pieces (JT, Nik/Ben, etc).

There is a reason why the Suns dragged it out for so long last year before finally giving him that max extension. He's already had 2 knee injuries and with his playing style, it is unfortunate that his health will always be an issue.

You do not give up a 20 pts a game scorer who can rebound and defend in Gay for a player who in my opinion already max out his potential and has a history of knee problems.

Bledsoe is only worth it if we can trade him with some side pieces (JT, Nik/Ben, etc).

You do not give up a 20 pts a game scorer who can rebound and defend in Gay for a player who in my opinion already max out his potential and has a history of knee problems.
OK, you are probably right.

Do you think PHX would bite on Ben McClemore and Darren Collison (and McCallum?) for Eric Bledsoe trade?

That would be our best offer without including Gay and DMC (of course).

Of course Horny is going to deny shopping Bledsoe. That largely means nothing.

You just have to look at the actual situation, their musical chairs act with PGs, intent to have Knight as their PG going forward and that moving Bledsoe could be an answer to other weaknesses.

Wright and Green are both UFAs, so getting a guy like Ben on a rookie deal as their SG could be a decent deal for them, as well as getting JT to replace Wright in the front court rotation who's also on an affordable contract. Re-signing Green would cost a fair amount more than taking on Ben's contract.

If Phoe wants to keep Bledsoe on his 13M, sign Knight to the reported 5/70M contract on the table, 14M/Y, that's 27M going to your PG rotation before re-signing Green who'd likely go for at least 7M/Y. So roughly 34-35M/Y for those three and you haven't even upgraded off last year, lost Wright and still have other weaknesses?

That'd be dumb. But Pho is dumb.

Having 11M go to Ben/JT, 14M to Knight plugs more holes in a more cost effective manner while giving more flexibility to upgrade elsewhere. They're rebuilding so waiting for Ben to develop makes more sense. Different situation than us with Cuz. I know some think it'd take Rudy to get him but I don't see any other team offering a Rudy level player for Bledsoe currently.

OK, you are probably right.

Do you think PHX would bite on Ben McClemore and Darren Collison (and McCallum?) for Eric Bledsoe trade?

That would be our best offer without including Gay and DMC (of course).

They will most likely take one of our SGs (Nik or Ben). The side piece will be jt or dc, which both would make very solid back ups and their salaries are reasonable. They may actually prefer dc.
Either of those would be ok with me but I prefer to keep DC if I must choose since we won't have a legit backup PG after that.

The thing is, the suns can say all they want about Bledsoe being part of their future. The reality is they are not going to keep $29 million a yr locked up in their PG position. Somethings gotta give.

Pretty much standard code for any player on your team. The last thing you want to say is "We can't wait to get rid of Bledsoe and want him gone by July 1st at the latest."

Not to say it isn't true, but you don't advertise you want to deal your star player. Bad for business.

J

jdbraver

Pretty much standard code for any player on your team. The last thing you want to say is "We can't wait to get rid of Bledsoe and want him gone by July 1st at the latest."

Not to say it isn't true, but you don't advertise you want to deal your star player. Bad for business.
Someone should have told our coach

K

KingMilz

There is a reason why the Suns dragged it out for so long last year before finally giving him that max extension. He's already had 2 knee injuries and with his playing style, it is unfortunate that his health will always be an issue.

Wait what?

I liked the idea of forming Cousins-Gay-Bledsoe trio last off season and I am even more of a fan now, especially if we can keep DC as a backup and sign a vet 3 and D guy!

DMC
WCS
Gay
Vet SG
Bledsoe

That's a very good defensive line up. If we can somehow get a couple of decent, productive vets on the bench, that's some really solid foundation and a play off team in the west.

Not convinced that a) Bledsoe is available and b) we can get him without giving up pieces thay we really need.

I like the idea of Bledsoe, but I don't like giving up Ben for him.

Thompson, Collison, Stauskas for Bledsoe works on Trade Machine, i'd be happy to do that.

But why should PHX part ways with Bledsoe? Brandon Knight is a combo guard. He will never be a pure starting PG in the NBA. More of a SG in a PG's body. And Bledsoe enables the Suns to match bigger guards, because he is a freak athlete.
Those 2 can play alongside each other, so I don't think there is a logjam at the PG position.
Sadly I don't see us being able to get Bledsoe, unless we send Gay. And that's a no go.
The Suns don't need any of our players outside of Gay and Cousins.
Just drafted Booker so McLemore or Stauskas aren't needed.
And a team that wants to play fast doesn't need JT or Landry, when they have already the Morris Twins, Leuer and Alex Len on the roster.

Sixers were just fined $3 million for concealing the state of Holiday's legs. Nice for Pelicans to get some money out of the situation, but I'm certain they would rather have the other player with serious, but disclosed injury history. Who knows, how Bledsoe's knees are doing?

unless your Minnesota or Dan Feagan. LOL