Drew Eubanks and Kyle Kuzma will take us to the WCF!

Great draft by the Kings who gained cap space while selecting 2 “potential” rotational pieces that seem to fit the “Monte Mold”- Mature, high IQ, 2-way lengthy and versatile players. This is my post draft FA wishlist that can take us to the WCF!

1. Kyle Kuzma -$27M.
Decent and clutch high volume 3pt shooter. Athletic slasher who can rebound and has better D than people give him credit for. Ask Wizard fans. $27M is the lowest I think he takes. Fox is lobbying for him.

2. Sasha Vezenkov - $6M.
He wants $10M. $6M may be what it takes to get it done. Could go as high as $7.5M.

3. Drew Eubanks - $4M.
I’ll take him over Lyles, as Lyles is redundant with Sasha coming on board. Was a key rotational piece for PDX, playing 20 minutes while averaging 1.3 blocks and shooting 39% from 3. Only 26 years old and should be signed long term.

4. Dennis Smith Jr. OR Javon Carter- $3M
DSJ revived his career in Charlotte playing significant minutes and willing to take a bench role. Need a playmaking PG to round out the rotation. I also like Javon Carter for his defense but doubt he’ll leave the Bucks.

5. Juan Toscano-Anderson - $2M
Familiar with Mike Brown’s system and not many back up SF FAs in the market.

6. Neemias Queta - $1M. Still only 23 and will regret not re-signing him.

7. Keon Ellis and Justyn Mutts- $508,000
Stockton boys. Why not?

2024 Kings Depth Chart:

1. Fox, Mitchell, DSJ
2. Huerter, Monk, Jones
3. Murray, JTA, Dozier, Ellis
4. Kuzma, Vezenkov, Slawson, Mutts
5. Sabonis, Eubanks, Queta

Eubanks is a pretty good idea for a back-up C. Been a very reliable back-up for 3 years now, only 26. Probably could ink him for the Alex Len deal.

Jevon Carter is an awesome player and an amazing defender, but he's too good to be a 5th guard. If you traded Davion? He'd be an absolute glove fit in that role and honestly an improvement on Davion at this moment.

Kuz at 27... bleh. Would be disappointed if that's our splash

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like Eubanks, but I'd much prefer to bring back Lyles.

While it's technically true that Eubanks shot 39% from outside last season, he only took 18 of them total (7/18 for the year). He's not the same as a floor spacer and is only a year and a half younger.

But the biggest reason is that I'd been wanting to see the Kings run Lyles as a smallball five last season and they finally did in the playoffs.

It'll be dependent on matchups to some extent, but to be able to have a second unit with Vezenkov and Lyles at the 4 & 5 would be explosive and provide a ton of floor spacing and movement while still being able to rebound effectively.

Plus both guys are great matches with Sabonis so it provides a ton of flexibility in terms of how Mike Brown wants to stagger minutes.