Crandell Again - Reported on Private Equity Group and 2nd Arena plan

Apparently a PEG in NV has said they will match anything Samueli puts up to keep Kings in Sac. And they will fund an Arena with the Kings getting revenue sharing.

Maloofs and NBA have all this info already.

Who knows the validity of all this.

Sorry for the yet again, new topic.

Crandell has been in Sac doing sports for 25 plus years. The guy is legit and very well respected.
I just found out about Crandell ever since this relocation debacle hit the fan. Thus far, he has been full of **** every time trying to get people to tune in an effort to get ratings.

Crandell also said Burkle talked to the Maloofs today about a buy out. So who knows what to believe and what not to believe. I will be glad when this rollar coaster ride is over. Let's just hope when the ride is over it is back in Sacramento.

Remember how the jihadists spoke in "Team America?": "Derka derka derka. Derka derka."

That's how I feel with anything from Fox40 these days anymore. "Crandell crandell crandell. Crandell crandell."

I wish I could believe this, but the source is so ridiculous.
derka derka mohammed jihad.

So looking at Forbes billionaire list in Nevada

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2007/10/07billionaires_The-Worlds-Billionaires-NV_8Rank.html

Rank Name Citizenship Age Net Worth ($bil) Residence
6 Sheldon Adelson United States 73 26.5 United States
76 Pierre Omidyar United States 39 8.8 United States
264 Stephen Wynn United States 65 3.4 United States
664 William Boyd United States 75 1.5 United States
799 David Duffield United States 66 1.2 United States

David Duffield is in Incline village. The rest are in Vegas.

The truth is that Norcal would use the heck out of a joint like that. There isn't an arena like that, outside of Oakland, anywhere in Sac, delta, tahoe, stockton, modesto, chico, nevada city,... Big shows would flock, and people would stop having to go all the way to the bay for stuff.

We're talking music acts, church conventions, political conventions, Sports, motocross, monster truck rallies, the whole bit. It would put Sac on the map mostly because lots of stuff that would happen there would be televised. Sac would stop being that place you drove through on the way to... and it would become that one place you saw that awesome...

Still seems like overkill to me, but it's a moot point anyways, until some other source backs up Crandell for once. I ain't holdin' my breath...
Have you ever tried to get tickets for U2, Prince, Metallica, Madonna, and other various 80s bands/singers that were popular when most of us were teenagers? We LOVE our music scene and we fill the stadiums, let alone a 20,000 seat arena.. Usually stuff like this sells out in less than a day.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Have you ever tried to get tickets for U2, Prince, Metallica, Madonna, and other various 80s bands/singers that were popular when most of us were teenagers? We LOVE our music scene and we fill the stadiums, let alone a 20,000 seat arena.. Usually stuff like this sells out in less than a day.
Do they close off one end of the arena to put in a stage? If so, that knocks out a lot of seats.

Do they close off one end of the arena to put in a stage? If so, that knocks out a lot of seats.
Most big shows these days are 360. At least Prince was when I saw the seating chart. And they charged thousands for seats that were essentially tables intertwined with the stage (shaped like the Symbol). Yeah big shows are crazy these days, Glenn.

I say build a 70,000 seat retractable dome stadium. You can have half the stadium doing a metallica concert and the other half hosting an NBA game. Maximize your profit by booking multiple events on the same day. Solves that problem. Gotta dream big.

I say build a 70,000 seat retractable dome stadium. You can have half the stadium doing a metallica concert and the other half hosting an NBA game. Maximize your profit by booking multiple events on the same day. Solves that problem. Gotta dream big.
I'm sorry but that sounds completely ****ing badass.

But I don't want them on opposite ends of the stadium. Put em both front and center. Now that's a ****ing show.

Shoot fireworks out of the guitars and hit a sick riff when the Kings dunk on a fast break, and then David Lee Roth jumps up and does the half kick splits at center court... IN THE AIR

Last edited:

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
There's something to be said for smaller and more intimate. After all if we get a bigger arena it risks becoming sterilized and could appear (er, sound) quieter than the golden days of Arco. That would be a crying shame. As much as I like the Rose Garden it feels that way. When the Blazers played in the old Memorial Colliseum they had the same reputation Sac fans and it all changed because of the venue.

On the other hand, Arco has always been the pits for live music and a perfectly engineered arena for large concerts would be a real treat for Sacramentans.