Congrats Domantas Sabonis!

Domas loves the game. The same his father did. And Domas has determination. His father was something, unique physically and athletically, with the very deep "feel" for the game. Domas is the third son in the family, Arvydas has a fourth child, a daughter. In his very young days he had to compete against his bigger and stronger brothers, not to mention if a father joined a friendly family game - to get a rebound against Arvydas was the challenge even for the best ones ever.
Too big of a deal has been made out of series against GSW. Domas played in 2 NCAA tournaments and in both he picked up his game a notch compared to the regular season. Same goes with the Pacers.
I'm not going to go deep in analysis though I like it :) Domas never plays dirty and neither his father did. Draymond after his intentional stomp actually accused Domas of a dirty play. Too many things came together, and it's not fair to blame the guy, who completely exhausted himself for faltering a bit.
Domas talks to his father. Arvydas is a man of not many words, but whatever he says is down to a point. I believe that Domas got some advises how not to get affected if opponents intentionally try to get him off his game.
Enough. Kings have to make to top 6 in the West and win a series. That's a lowest requirement from them this season. If Kings won't accomplish that - well, the season was mehhh, everything more - nothing unexpected :)
It's mehhhh now

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
He and Reke are the ultimate injury what-if guys.
Also Penny Hardaway. At age 24 he was on the All-NBA first team with MJ, Scottie, Karl Malone, and David Robinson, finished third in MVP voting, and looked like a no doubt Hall of Famer. That 95-96 season (year 2 of the Geoff Petrie era in Sacramento) was when I really started following the NBA in full and if you'd asked me then, I would have told you that Penny was the best player in the world (MJ who?). Then he had 4 surgeries on the same knee and managed to gut out 10 more years in the NBA as a shell of his former self, just long enough for people to forget how good he once was. That was a basketball tragedy. At least we'll always have Blue Chips.

Also Penny Hardaway. At age 24 he was on the All-NBA first team with MJ, Scottie, Karl Malone, and David Robinson, finished third in MVP voting, and looked like a no doubt Hall of Famer. That 95-96 season (year 2 of the Geoff Petrie era in Sacramento) was when I really started following the NBA in full and if you'd asked me then, I would have told you that Penny was the best player in the world (MJ who?). Then he had 4 surgeries on the same knee and managed to gut out 10 more years in the NBA as a shell of his former self, just long enough for people to forget how good he once was. That was a basketball tragedy. At least we'll always have Blue Chips.
… and Lil Penny

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Not sure why but I hated that Magic team but still feel bad for what could have been for Penny. Blue Chips was definitely fun though. With NIL I guess future generations will never understand.