Collected 2015-16 Kings Season Previews

And the worst writer (as in a writer who actually cannot write and likely flunked 10th grade English) in the game chips in with his. Amazingly for him it was almost intelligible -- his normal random formless blather was almost organized:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...son-previews--sacramento-kings-215158688.html
Dwyer is a complete tool. I feel dirty every time I click on one of his write ups. You would think he would at least realize Mbah Moute contract was voided and is not on our roster seeing as how he is paid to cover the NBA. Generally speaking, I could give a rats about the national medias predictions of the Kings this season, but if this season goes the way I think it might, Dwyer is the one idiot I am going to light up on social media and any other means possible.

And the worst writer (as in a writer who actually cannot write and likely flunked 10th grade English) in the game chips in with his. Amazingly for him it was almost intelligible -- his normal random formless blather was almost organized:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...son-previews--sacramento-kings-215158688.html
I must admit, out of all the previews you have referenced to date, I dislike this one the most. And it has nothing to do with his ugly mug shot, which I might add looks very similar (minus the suit and tie) to many of the methamphetamine addicts who reside and are responsible for many crimes in my area.

Btw, thank you for posting these – the extremely negative reviews are going to make the success of this year’s team that much more rewarding!

Go Kings!

And another:

Kings hope to shake soap opera rep, take step forward.

"Rarely does a bad team -- in the lottery for years, likely to be picked by most to be there again -- generate so much attention. The problem is, the notoriety of the last few months has mostly been unwanted, a soap-opera kind of spotlight. The Kings need stability more than ever."

http://www.nba.com/preview/2015/SAC/index.html

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I suppose this is close enough;

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...akers-among-nba-teams-with-something-to-prove

Matt Moore giving us some more dap.

If we turn this thing don't let any of the sudden bandwagoners fool you, Moore has been one of the few national guys seeing our situation for what it is all summer.
Matt Moore has always been IMO one of the better analysts out there not throwing any teams under the bus and bringing attention to himself in any way.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
And another:

Kings hope to shake soap opera rep, take step forward.

"Rarely does a bad team -- in the lottery for years, likely to be picked by most to be there again -- generate so much attention. The problem is, the notoriety of the last few months has mostly been unwanted, a soap-opera kind of spotlight. The Kings need stability more than ever."

http://www.nba.com/preview/2015/SAC/index.html
As far as I'm concerned, we don't need the media's approval. We are a soap opera, train wreck, whatever you want to call us...all this ends when the team begins to win. Until then, it's something to write about because the horse is lying on the ground all ready about to croak.

gunks

Hall of Famer

What's funny is that I knew Brick was talking about Dwyer before I even clicked the link.

And then, after clicking the link and having my suspicions confirmed, I no longer felt like I needed to read the article! :p

People sure love to hate us though... It's the Vivek effect. But now that the little guy is safely under Vlade's thumb, I think we become less of an easy target. Record and Cuz's mental health permitting.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
and it's nearly time for Bricklayer to start using the bat on someone out there! :)
I don't think that was a bad review by any means, other than the fact that they apparently merged Mike Malone and Tyrone Corbin into one person.

Nothing new here, just nice collection of all bs in one place wrapped up differently.

http://www.rollingstone.com/sports/...etely-insane-plan-to-save-basketball-20151015
Huh. I didn't know that Rolling Stone had branched out from being way behind the curve and terrible at writing about music to being way behind the curve and terrible at writing about sports.

Pretty fair assessment compared to the rest of them. There certainly is a lot that can go wrong with us. We will have a lot to talk about this season that's for sure.
Agreed, however knowing Vlade is at the helm makes me believe we can weather any storm.

Edit: with the exception of injuries, but we have backup talent at all positions (a little thin at PF)

Last edited:

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Realgm article was solid, except the no mention of Darren Collison in any way. He looks to be our 6th man and actually a lineup of:

Collison
Bellinelli
Casspi
Gay
Cousins

is actually our best floor spacing option. You can have Bellinelli initating with Collison and Casspi on either corner and Gay and Bellinelli on the wings or up top. If you double Cuz down low all 4 guys are more than capable of knocking down a shot or driving and kicking/swinging the ball for good shots.

Here's a scout's breakdown from SI.

"They spent a lot of money and got better talentwise. The off-season story lines are a big deal—the shake-ups and coaching changes and all of that—but I don’t think these guys will be rolling over. They might go down, but it will take a fight... Their best player is DeMarcus Cousins. Why did they use a lottery pick on a center in Willie Cauley-Stein and then sign another center in Kosta Koufos? Especially when George Karl likes to play fast?... Cousins might be the most talented center in the NBA. He can beat you by himself some nights. His decision-making with the ball keeps improving, but the body language, the emotional control are still huge question marks. Cousins is best as a back-to-the-basket guy, not in this run-and-gun style that Karl likes... I’m not sure Rajon Rondo will want to play Karl’s style either. And that makes for a big challenge. Because if your point guard and your best player want to play slower and your coach wants it to be faster, that’s a fight waiting to happen...They should think about lineups that get as much shooting on the court at the same time as possible. Can you play Ben McLemore, Marco Belinelli and Seth Curry together with Cousins? That would create a lot of room in the paint... Belinelli is going to be dealing with culture shock, coming from San Antonio. He’s not used to any ball stoppers, and he’s always expecting people to make the right pass... Maybe they thought Cauley-Stein was the best player on the board [at No. 6]. Or maybe he’s insurance in case something happens with Cousins. There’s a little Joakim Noah to Cauley-Stein’s game.""
http://www.si.com/nba/2015/10/20/nba-scouts-preview-warriors-spurs-knicks-lakers-cavaliers-rockets

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
So, I was taking one more look around at national figures to pester before swinging my full attention back to this site for the season, and I was evil eyeing the irrelevant little toadie they siced on us in their "playoff predictions" thread. These are the qualifications of the guy they had do the Sacramento Kings review:
  • Amin Elhassan, ESPN Staff Writer
    • Video coordinator, college scout, Phoenix Suns
    • Assistant director of basketball operations, Phoenix Suns
    • MBA from Arizona State University

Uh huh.:rolleyes:

So, I was taking one more look around at national figures to pester before swinging my full attention back to this site for the season, and I was evil eyeing the irrelevant little toadie they siced on us in their "playoff predictions" thread. These are the qualifications of the guy they had do the Sacramento Kings review:
  • Amin Elhassan, ESPN Staff Writer
    • Video coordinator, college scout, Phoenix Suns
    • Assistant director of basketball operations, Phoenix Suns
    • MBA from Arizona State University

Uh huh.:rolleyes:
This guy is a tool, I remember when they made player comps for this years rookies and gave WCS a comparison of Ryan Hollins, essentially just because the Kings took him. Here must be the "key words/phrases" ESPN writers circulate amongst themselves whenever writing about the Kings:

-Dumpster Fire
-4 on 5 lol
-Vivek is a maniac hands on owner (while they haven't even noticed the has clearly taken a step back since letting PDA go)
- Vlade and his cronies that have no experience
- Cousins, Rondo, Karl lol
-Kings mortgaged their whole future by dumping Stauskas and a first round pick for meh vets.

Was also listening to Jalen and Jacoby Wester Conference preview and Jacoby in particular pretty much just used these key terms in his little 2 minute assessment of the Kings. Jalen at least brought a little something else, saying Kings must continue to get to the line, while questioning the lack of shooting in a lineup with Rondo and what negative affects it can have.