Boogie: Give them something to talk about.

What a great and uplifting picture! Truly great to see that progress is being made to ensure these guys are on the same page and ready to win some basketball games. Love it.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Snarky aside:

At this very moment, some intern within the Kings org is furiously photoshopping in a "Shaka Vivek" so that they can post that picture on the official site. :p

Cuz has PF size, it's his girthy frame and freakish wingspan that has allowed him to be considered a C, he would have been a PF on the 90's. Kind of like Duncan.

Karl and Cousins' relationship is the last remaining instability on this team. To be fair, its the type of instability that could destroy a season. Put out this fire and get the ball rolling on the season. Vlade can walks on water.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Cuz has PF size, it's his girthy frame and freakish wingspan that has allowed him to be considered a C, he would have been a PF on the 90's. Kind of like Duncan.
We could see some Cuz at the 4 if Karl plays him next to Koufos. He could get matched up against 4s playing with WCS as well.

I dunno how effective Cousins would be guarding 4s, but it wouldn't surprise me if he can hold his own on that end. On offense... Cuz is destroying any PF.

Of course, with Karl at the helm, and all this talk of Rudy at the 4... it may be a moot point. We shall see... if the last month of the season was any indication, it doesn't matter if he's a 4 or a 5, Cuz is about to put up stupid numbers under Karl.

Anyways.... you were just making an offhand observation on the guy's height, and here I am theorycrafting lineups....

What can I say? I'm excited again.

“Meeting today w/Karl and Cousins @impactbball in Las Vegas went great, they both want to win & DMC loves Vlade.” Doesn't say DMC loves Karl but probably no one would expect that. Arm in arm smiles pic and vibe makes it feel they're now on same page - all about winning in 2015-16 for a change. Plus season without major Kings negative drama would sure be nice!

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
The most important thing out of all this is Karl and Cousins putting egos aside and wanting to just win, it will cure many ailments. No more bickering, no more complaining, it's time to come together as a whole unit and get it done. No more excuses.

reverse angle closeup of Karl's hidden right arm:

:p
Same type of media speculation and paranoia that perpetuate the chaos in Kings kingdom.

Keep your eyes shut Cousins and all other players. You guys have a very important mission to fulfill for us fans. Unite and win!

I really hope this proves as just a bad joke.

Sigh.:(

The grass has been cut, the snakes have vanished! The snakes are off the plane! Playoffs baby!

Free weilding Rondo. Happy Demarcus. Husslin Casspi. Dead Eye Belinelli. Trill Willie. Resurrected Rudy. And of course my favourite penned term - Greater than Macklemore, Mclemore

Break out the mountain dew we about to step on toes and take no prisoners.

#cuspOfgreatness

Last edited:
Karl and Cousins' relationship is the last remaining instability on this team. To be fair, its the type of instability that could destroy a season. Put out this fire and get the ball rolling on the season. Vlade can walks on water.
And Rondo.

But hell, I'm surprised people are surprised. Gaining respect and getting people to be on the same page and like each other was one of the few things I wasn't worried about at all when we hired Vlade. Vlade was the center piece of starting and uniting our glory days teams together. People respected him on the floor and trusted his leadership. Same thing is happening here, just with him in the FO.

Last edited:
Slight correction...Vlade was listed at 7'1" without shoes while Cousins is only 6'9.5" without shoes. That's a 3.5" difference. The photo seems pretty representative of that difference.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Vlade-Divac-2244/
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/DeMarcus-Cousins-1318/
But Vlade's almost 50, so he should have shrank a couple inches by now.

The chucks are maybe an inch of heel. The flip flops probably .5"

I think most of it is just the compounding factors against Cuz: the slouch (slightly away from Karl if you guys wanna get into that), slightly thinner shoes, him actually being an inch shorter, and the positioning relative to camera.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Same type of media speculation and paranoia that perpetuate the chaos in Kings kingdom.

Keep your eyes shut Cousins and all other players. You guys have a very important mission to fulfill for us fans. Unite and win!

I really hope this proves as just a bad joke.

Sigh.:(
Sigh? Seriously?

You need to look up the words "satire" and "sardonic" and even "comprehension."

I saw something posted about famous athletes first tweets. DeMarcus' was basically a 'tap, tap, is this thing on?' how does this work? He has now become a master of the Tweet and seems to take a lot of pleasure out of messing with some people with it (namely anyone he thinks has slighted him) Having not quite managed to master the twittersphere myself, I am vastly amused and impressed by his ability to strike with surgical precision, while not being drawn out by responses.
Is it October yet???