Best option to watch the games?

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I have Xfinity DVR box as my service. I don't know why YTTV isn't on the box. It's not on the app menu or come up in a search. I don't know why. I'm going to call Xfinity tomorrow and see if there's anything that can be done.
Calling them is certainly a good idea. I have the same setup and unfortunately don't have a clue why I get the Kings and you do not. Perhaps I have a higher-level package. My goodness young lady, it will make me feel awful if you have to watch the game on your phone. :(

FYI, my Mother has the basic Xfinity tv cable box and the YouTubeTV App is found under menu, then Apps. Then you just log-in with your new account credentials (I assume they give you login credentials with a trial account?). However, I believe the Xfinity cable boxes vary from one region to another, so your box may be different than her Xfinity cable box, and possibly may not offer the YouTubeTV App.

I only get internet access from Xfinity and do not have an Xfinity tv cable box, but they include a free Xfinity streaming box with the service, which can be connect to any smart or non-smart tv, which also has the YouTubeTV App on it. I use YouTubeTV on the streaming box to watch all the Kings games on CA Comcast Sports channel, and/or TNT, or ABC. I usually record the local broadcast and the National broadcast and watch both of them eventually. The YouTubeTV App DVR has performed flawlessly for me all season long.

Hope you are able to get access for tonight's game!

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
It looks as if games that are carried on TNT and ESPN are also being broadcast by the Kings broadcast team on the Comcast sports West channels on cable. I don't know if this helps but it does have Katie, Mo, Kyle usually Mark broadcasting. At least down here it seems like only the ABC games are not being broadcast on Comcast sports.

Calling them is certainly a good idea. I have the same setup and unfortunately don't have a clue why I get the Kings and you do not. Perhaps I have a higher-level package. My goodness young lady, it will make me feel awful if you have to watch the game on your phone. :(
Lol. I found info online on the Xfinity site about YTTV on their service and they said a flex box or something like that has it. I didn't realize that there were different kinds of boxes. I could just upgrade my package so I get TNT, but given that this is just for a week that seems wasteful.

Success on my YTTV saga - I called Xfinity and it turns out that I can't get YTTV on my current box because it's outdated. It's only 2 years old! Only in tech world can something only 2 years old be outdated lol. So they'll be coming tomorrow and installing a new one. Too late for tonight's game, but I'll at least be able to see some of next week's games, depending on what progress is made by then and when my free trial expires.

Success on my YTTV saga - I called Xfinity and it turns out that I can't get YTTV on my current box because it's outdated. It's only 2 years old! Only in tech world can something only 2 years old be outdated lol. So they'll be coming tomorrow and installing a new one. Too late for tonight's game, but I'll at least be able to see some of next week's games, depending on what progress is made by then and when my free trial expires.
If I were you, I would've bribed them with some sort of a significant monetary gift for coming out today before the game begins (I know, I just basically suggested giving money to people who already take more than what they actually need to - a discussion not necessary for the purposes of this thread), LOL!!!

In all seriousness, glad to know that you're going to be taken care of for the rest of our CHAMPIONSHIP WINNING run...:):):)

If I were you, I would've bribed them with some sort of a significant monetary gift for coming out today before the game begins (I know, I just basically suggested giving money to people who already take more than what they actually need to - a discussion not necessary for the purposes of this thread), LOL!!!

In all seriousness, glad to know that you're going to be taken care of for the rest of our CHAMPIONSHIP WINNING run...:):):)
Lol I did ask they had nothing today. We all know they don't take bribes lol. My free trial ends on the 28th, so I will most likely be able to see all the games!

I’m sure letting Xfinity know that you’re testing out YTTV will greatly improve their customer service. ;)