Audio Heads

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
He's an underground hip hop artist. I really recommend you listen to his material, it's very very good. Just look up Reks 'Grey Hairs'. Tell me what you think after you give it a full listen.

yeah, reks goes. grey hairs is nice. been jamming out to kanye's album and j.cole's newest mixtape. i got that cudi album but way too much ish coming out at the same time, i'll get to it eventually. while both Kanye and Cole's projects were solid, I still prefer Graduation from Ye and both the come up and the warm up from cole over their newest outings. been a good month for music. kid Daytona just dropped a mixtape too.. got it downloaded but it'll probably be at least a week or two till I get around to it. and for anyone who has not heard the new roots, how i got over, it's one of the better albums released this year, check it out.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
yeah, reks goes. grey hairs is nice. been jamming out to kanye's album and j.cole's newest mixtape. i got that cudi album but way too much ish coming out at the same time, i'll get to it eventually. while both Kanye and Cole's projects were solid, I still prefer Graduation from Ye and both the come up and the warm up from cole over their newest outings. been a good month for music. kid Daytona just dropped a mixtape too.. got it downloaded but it'll probably be at least a week or two till I get around to it. and for anyone who has not heard the new roots, how i got over, it's one of the better albums released this year, check it out.
If you liked Reks' Grey Hairs, you should also check out More Grey Hairs. If you haven't already. I haven't gotten around listening to Kanye/Cudi's CD's yet. So I can't comment on those for the time being. I still need to listen to the full J. Cole mixtape, I listened to only a couple of songs, so far so good. He usually does not disappoint. I agree there is some good music coming out this month. I also am looking forward to Curren$y's Pilot Talk 2. Pilot Talk was awesome! Give it a listen if you haven't yet.

to be honest, i didn't feel pilot talk at all. 2, 3 songs tops that kept my interest. completely underwhelmed. he has potential and i've liked his mixtapes that i've heard (jet files, how fly w/wiz khalifa) much better but just didn't get into pilot talk. at all...

yeah, i'm a fan. he's been doing some pretty big things lately and has a pretty big following. good riding music. on another note, i can't wait for Lupe's Lasers album to come out. caught wind of this song with john legend and if it's a sign of what's to come then the first quarter of 2011 is looking good with j.cole's debut album coming in early 2011 and lupe's dropping in March.

http://www.refinedhype.com/hyped/entry/lupe-fiasco-never-forget-you/

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Yeah, I'm with you there. I am waiting on 'Lasers' as well. Did you hear his first single from the album? I forgot the name of it, it's something in the range of 'The Show Must Go On' but I am not 100% sure. Are you a fan of Skyzoo?

yeah, i heard the first single when it was released but i'm really liking Never forget you a lot. the link i provided gives you a listen, you should check it out. and yeah, skyzoo's most recent live from the tape deck album is fresh. haven't given it repeat listens yet because there's so much coming out right now, it's crazy. and word is pilot talk 2 leaked already. waiting for some reviews.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I'll give it a listen sometime. Yeah, I listened to a couple of songs from his latest album, I like what I heard. I just can't find a torrent for that album to download, I only can listen to it and download from youtube. Pilot Talk 2 I believe comes out this upcoming Tues. so I will listen to it on its release date for sure. Do you know if Reks is coming out with anything at all in the foreseeable future? I really like his music.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
What perfect timing. Thanks a bunch, I'm def. going to download it and give it a listen. Three albums dropped today by the way; Curren$y 'Pilot Talk', Kanye West 'Dark Twisted Fantasy' & Lloyd Banks 'Hunger For More 2'. Gotta give em all a listen.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
So far, I've listened to Pilot Talk 2 & Man on the Moon II. Both are not as good as their first CD's, but that's expected. Still, both are pretty solid albums and I have to listen to them a couple of more times to get used to the styles. Up next, Lloyd Banks & Kanye West. Hope for something good out of Kanye on this one. Lloyd Banks hasn't come out with a CD in years so he should be hungry on this one.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Finished listening to Hunger for More 2 by Lloyd Banks. Not a bad album, I have to listen to it a couple of more times, it's still not as good as his first but he does have some good songs on there.