Anybody know what's up with Mike Malone these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kept hearing his name pop up as a potential HC candidate for other teams numerous times during the season, but i have not heard his name come up at all as a legit candidate anywhere recently. Anybody heard anything i haven't?

I find it interesting that everyone (including myself) was ripping the organization for letting him go. Obviously there were other factors at hand, such as how and when they let him go, but the question on my mind is, if nobody else seems all that interested in him, is he really as good of a coach as we thought he was? Did he blow future opportunities by angering some people on his way out here? Will he end up on a bench somewhere next season, and if so, where?

Thoughts?

Season just got over.

He may be selective also. I certainly would not just take a job, unless I was close to starving etc, maybe he's not interested in the ones available or enjoying some time off.

He's fine. I'd imagine he doesn't want to rush into anything. These people feebly trying to claim that he was somehow at fault for his firing are pathetic. He'll get another HC gig, even if he has to be an assistant first (which I don't think he will). He has too many stars vouching for him as a great coach. including LeBron and our own Boogie.

PDA looks like he may be fired soon, and I will have exactly 0% sympathy after he fired Mike.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
last time I saw him he was doing some analysis on NBA TV on the playoffs. I figured he would be a good fit for Orlando, but looks like Skiles is head there instead.

Coincidentally, his Sac contract would have run through next year, right?
So if he can still be drawing that salary for not working, wouldn't it make sense to "take a year off"?

Marc SteinVerified account‏@ESPNSteinLine
ESPN sources say former Sacramento Kings coach Mike Malone has secured a second interview with the Denver Nuggets for their coaching vacancy

Would be funny if Malone got hired, then shot down any trade offer for Lawson/Faried by us.
Denver has the Europeaon DMC aka Nurkic, Malone must have told them to check out the first 15 games of the Kings and imagine Nurkic doing what DMC was doing.
And after Denver FO reviewed the tapes, they called Malone for a 2nd interview.

Marc SteinVerified account‏@ESPNSteinLine
ESPN sources say former Sacramento Kings coach Mike Malone has secured a second interview with the Denver Nuggets for their coaching vacancy

Would be funny if Malone got hired, then shot down any trade offer for Lawson/Faried by us.
it'd certainly be interesting to see what ex-kings coach mike malone could do in denver, while ex-nuggets coach george karl tries to right the ship in sacramento. what a strange, funhouse mirror type of landscape the nba often is...

it'd certainly be interesting to see what ex-kings coach mike malone could do in denver, while ex-nuggets coach george karl tries to right the ship in sacramento. what a strange, funhouse mirror type of landscape the nba often is...
wait till demarcus is traded to GSW

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
wait till demarcus is traded to GSW
wait till we trade him to Denver for Faried/Lawson. Only way to make the salaries match.

Not actually sure Denver is a great situation for Malone -- when your main coaching competition is D'Antoni it tells you its a confused organization that isn't committed to going in any one direction and again might not back you. But he needs to get back on the horse, and there is more talent there than if he ended up coaching a true dregs team, so i guess you take the job and make your own luck from here on out.

Status
Not open for further replies.