And the answer is... WE WIN!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad for official word on relocation... but I'm really interested to hear what happens on the sale, and if the Maloofs have agreed to sell to Ranadive yet.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Ben Adler ‏@adlerben 7m

Maloofs decline comment. Say Stern will talk. NBA tells us to get ready for presser

Christine Gillespie ‏@vladefan21 8s

Thank you Mike Tavares and Crown Downtown. So much to be happy for right now! Cheer KJ for us, too! #Sac-ra-men-to

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Michael McCann ‏@McCannSportsLaw 2m

Kings staying Sacramento. NBA sends message to cities with teams playing in older arenas: You want to keep your team? Help build new arenas.

I have not posted in a long time, but follow this board a ton.

It's ironic that one of the worst days as a Kings fan had to do with things happening in Dallas. May 8, 2003, Webber injures his knee in a playoff game against the Mavericks and now the best day as a Kings fan culminates in something that happened in Dallas.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 2m

Sources: NBA owners vote to back relocation committee recommendation to REJECT proposed sale & relo of Kings to Seattle. Story posting now
------------------
First thing I've heard about sale also being rejected. Want a better source than Marc Stein. ;)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I have not posted in a long time, but follow this board a ton.

It's ironic that one of the worst days as a Kings fan had to do with things happening in Dallas. May 8, 2003, Webber injures his knee in a playoff game against the Mavericks and now the best day as a Kings fan culminates in something that happened in Dallas.
Cosmic justice.

:)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Carmichael Dave ‏@CarmichaelDave 39s

I'm more entertained by @YamsNews10 ready to start punching fools due to audio issues.

Sources: NBA owners vote to back relocation committee recommendation to REJECT proposed sale & relo of Kings to Seattle. Story posting now
------------------
First thing I've heard about sale also being rejected. Want a better source than Marc Stein. ;)
That's great. Really simplifies things.

------------------
Saw that, too, but on second read I think it's just as likely it's him misspeaking (or typing) since it refers to relocation committee's recommendation (which wasn't on the sale).

Jason Jones just RT'd some idiotic, biased writer who thinks it's a disgrace that the NBA did this. WTF is he doing? Hopefully he's canned, terrible beat writer in the first place.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Ailene Voisin ‏@ailene_voisin 21s

Other outlets reporting both relocation and sale sale resolved. My source says only relocation settled with Kings staying.

Status
Not open for further replies.