4th Pick and Parsons

"The Grizzlies have gauged the trade market on a package of Chandler Parsons and the No. 4 overall pick, according to Michael Scott of The Athletic.
It's fair to say Parsons has the worst contract in the NBA with $49.2 million going his way over the next two years."

Why aren't we all over this??

Zbo (or Shumpert) + 36th OV + 2019 2nd Round + Justin Jackson
for
Chandler Parsons + 4th OV

Pick Doncic and JJJ

Fox / Mason
Bog / Buddy
Doncic / Parsons / Temple
Giles / JJJ / Skal
WCS / KK

"The Grizzlies have gauged the trade market on a package of Chandler Parsons and the No. 4 overall pick, according to Michael Scott of The Athletic.
It's fair to say Parsons has the worst contract in the NBA with $49.2 million going his way over the next two years."

Why aren't we all over this??

Zbo (or Shumpert) + 36th OV + 2019 2nd Round + Justin Jackson
for
Chandler Parsons + 4th OV

Pick Doncic and JJJ

Fox / Mason
Bog / Buddy
Doncic / Parsons / Temple
Giles / JJJ / Skal
WCS / KK
Source, please?

Because that sound way too good to be true.

gunks

Hall of Famer
We should absolutely use our cap to absorb that contract if it'll get us pick 4! It's not like Vlade knocks it out of the park with his FA aquisitions anyhow.

We could grab (hopefully) Doncic at 2, and then one of Bamba or JJJ at 4! That would be a hell of a draft.

Last edited:

SLAB

Hall of Famer
That seems too good to be true.

Or by gauging interest, they mean they called Phoenix and said "Hey we'll give you the #4 :::cough cough and chandlerparsonscontract::: for Devin Booker. Deal?"

We should absolutely use our cap to absorb that contact if it'll get us pick 4!

We could grab (hopefully) Doncic at 2, and then one of Bamba or JJJ at 4! That would be a hell of a draft.
No doubt! It's not like we are getting LeBron, PG13, or Cousins to come here. We might even get Bagley at No.4 if Atlanta is in love with JJJ - although I prefer JJJ for some defense.

it would take more than JJ to get that 4th pick even if we're taking back Parson's horrible contract.

Have to imagine it would be centered around Bogdan or Buddy.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have to imagine that part of this (if true) is the Grizzlies wanting to be good sooner than later and looking to be a player in free agency.

Seems like a terrible strategy from the franchise whose big free agency splash two summers ago was signing Chandler Parsons for 4 years/$94 million but I digress.

IF that is the case, then the Grizzlies goal will be to take back as little salary as possible. That means Z-Bo is not an option even though his deal runs a year less than Parsons'. And I think they'll want some players with promise back in return.

So I would think something like Cauley-Stein and Labissiere or possibly Hield would be more what they'd ask for. I'd be okay with WCS and probably Skal but would balk at Buddy.

It's a lot of salary to take on and some young guys that have at least flashed NBA level skills to gamble on another high draft pick. I guess it depends on your view of how strong this draft is and how much you love some of the kids at the top.

Just wait and see how:
-Vlade wont even be on the phone with Memphis
-Atlanta takes that deal
-Drafts JJJ/Bamba+Doncic (because obviously Vlade will pass on the best prospect)

And we end up:
-Drafting Bagley whose skill set doesnt fit in todays Nba
-Using that 25mil cap space on "mentors" again
-Being 30 years behind everyone by having a front court rotation of 5 non shooting bigs
-Winning 30 games
-Still not owning '19 pick

Yes please. We have seen time and again how useful or more like useless our cap space is....for gods sake stop signing aging vets and trade that cap for assetd....this woild be better than the denver faried for 14th pick

Skal and nothing else. Haven't you guys ever walked away from a deal before? It's on Memphis to come out of pocket for Parsons. Who knows if this rumor has any legs but you have to take into consideration who has leverage and who doesnt. If for example Cleveland is willing to make that work let them but I don't sign that easily.

I'd jump on this alleged deal in a heartbeat if it were actually true but I have a hard time believing Memphis would give away the #4 Pick in a loaded draft just for cap-space. It's not like Memphis is going to lure a star with the extra cap space.

With that said, if Memphis really was that dumb I'd offer WCS or Skal + Justin Jackson + 36th Pick for the #4 Pick.

Let's face it this league is built on star-power and with picks #2 and #4 you'd have 2 chances to get a star. You get both picks right and the franchise is set for years of success.

JJ 2.8 mil WCS 4.7 for Chandler 24 mil we should have the cap space

Memphis gets two cheap youth players, saves 16.5 mil and 25 mil next yr
could also put Skal vs JJ

We have talked that if we got a Big (Bagley,JJJ, or even Bamba)
We would need to trade WCS anyway

Best case:
Fox,Mason,2nd pick
Bogs,Buddy,Temple
Luka,Chandler,Shump
Bagley,Skal,Zbo
Giles,KK

Yes please But no to Fox,Bogs,Buddy,Giles

They will ask for Buddy (a 6th rd pick)
But we should only send WCS (Also a 6th rd pick)
A low cost 6th pick for their 4th pick and 41 mil cash

Do it!!