[2016] The Finals

Who ya got?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When the game started I thought Love was going to beast - he grabbed a couple boards and then got quick fouls on him.

BUT... maybe that means he might have extra in the tank for game 7. Hope so.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hardwood Paroxysm ‏@HPbasketball 12h12 hours ago
Via http://NBA.com, LeBron James has had 188 touches the past two games. He’s turned the ball over 3 times.
That is flat out amazing.

Of all the crazy stats he's been putting up (and scoring 18 straight Cavs points and scoring or assisting on 35 of 36 points during a stretch are pretty amazing themselves) that one is almost unbelievable.

I was thinking last night as the Cavs were flying up and down the court (that bounce pass from LBJ to Thompson, the alley oop between the same two, JR Smith's no look lob to James for the alley oop etc) that it was crazy how fast the Cavs were playing and yet not being sloppy with the ball at all.

Should have thrown in a fine for Curry's wife for trying to bite the hand that feeds you (among other things).
she has no contract with the NBA. the NBA has no jurisdiction over her whatsoever. if they could fine her, they could also fine any run of the mill fan for stupid tweets. not a world I'd want to live in.

Did Steph Curry get called for some ticky-tack fouls? Yep.

But so did Kevin Love. The blocking call when he decided to bail out of the charge attempt and barely made contact with Draymond Green's leg was as ticky tack as it comes. Compared to the last game where they let a LOT go and let the teams play physically this game was called really, really tight. But on both ends.

And thankfully they correctly called Varejao on his flopping takedown attempt. Fans love to invoke Vlade when talking about flopping but Divac never did the kind of stuff Varejao, Chris Paul and others now do where they purposely get entangled with another player and pull them down to try and sell a non-existent foul. That crap is horrible and one of these days it's going to result in a serious injury. If a player wants to exaggerate contact and fall down when a guy lowers his shoulder then fine. I'm not a fan of that either but at least he's not creating a potential injury situation for another player.
I wish I could Like this entire post 100 times.

That Love foul was the worst call I remember in the entire playoffs, and one of the worst of the entire year.
The guy literally came to a halt in the lane and then Draymond breezed past him for a layup, and they called Love for a foul!
(Coincidentally, it was when the Warriors were down more than 15 points and in big trouble)
This during a series where they didn't even call a foul on Jefferson hammering Livingston in the face contesting his monster dunk in Game 5.
Then followed up by a foul against the Cavs for ticking a finger well after the Warriors shot a 3.
(Of course, many KF's remember Draymond Green hacking Demarcus shooting a 3 at the end of the game with no foul)

Totally agreed on the difference in flopping now vs then.
People are addicted to false equivalencies nowadays. Like all flopping is the same.
It isn't.
Varajao pulling his man down when trying to get a foul is actually an injury attempt.
Closer in similarity to Draymond's deliberate attempt at yanking Adam's shoulder out of its socket then of Vlade's flops.

Did Steph Curry get called for some ticky-tack fouls? Yep.

But so did Kevin Love. The blocking call when he decided to bail out of the charge attempt and barely made contact with Draymond Green's leg was as ticky tack as it comes. Compared to the last game where they let a LOT go and let the teams play physically this game was called really, really tight. But on both ends.

And thankfully they correctly called Varejao on his flopping takedown attempt. Fans love to invoke Vlade when talking about flopping but Divac never did the kind of stuff Varejao, Chris Paul and others now do where they purposely get entangled with another player and pull them down to try and sell a non-existent foul. That crap is horrible and one of these days it's going to result in a serious injury. If a player wants to exaggerate contact and fall down when a guy lowers his shoulder then fine. I'm not a fan of that either but at least he's not creating a potential injury situation for another player.
The Bad Boys of Detroit were the ones who turned flopping into an art form. I remember an interview with Lambeer back in the day; when asked about flopping, he said he would stop flopping when the refs stopped falling for it.

pretty impressed with Tristan Thompson, btw (as is pretty much everybody, I'm guessing). his contract is going to look like a bargain, after whatever the hell is going to happen this offseason. cap set at 94M$, it's going to get weird.

dude12

Hall of Famer
pretty impressed with Tristan Thompson, btw (as is pretty much everybody, I'm guessing). his contract is going to look like a bargain, after whatever the hell is going to happen this offseason. cap set at 94M$, it's going to get weird.
He's been huge.....I hope WCS can become a version of Tristan Thompson defensively....somewhere in the ballpark and that would be awesome.

He's been huge.....I hope WCS can become a version of Tristan Thompson defensively....somewhere in the ballpark and that would be awesome.
best case scenario: Tristan Thompson's switchability on the perimeter, plus his rebounding, plus his p'n'r diving skills, plus rimprotection that Thompson doesn't have. I'm very optimistic about WCS' ceiling.

I would like to take this opportunity to bathe in the tears of the Warriors and their jock-riders who have been in complete denial for two years about how favored by the league their style of play has been.

There is a glorious level of schadenfreude in them losing their crap when their handsy defense was finally called on them this series.

What's that Steph Curry? You don't like getting fouls called on you?
Then stop swiping at every basketball that nears your proximity!

Dude gets fouled out ONCE in an entire season (and postseason!) for the first time in two-and-a-half-years (!) and he loses his god-damned mind.
Petulant baby lost control and actually threw the only projectile he had on his body and nailed the mocking fan in the front row right in the face, then he and his coach are so absurdly entitled that they have zero fear of being suspended for it.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Story on Ayesha's Dad

Apparently Ayesha's father was stopped by security while they checked his credentials. The story is that he resembled a well-known con artist who has frequently sneaked in to major sporting events.

Ayesha's father

"Con Artist" David Aminzadeh

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I would like to take this opportunity to bathe in the tears of the Warriors and their jock-riders who have been in complete denial for two years about how favored by the league their style of play has been.

There is a glorious level of schadenfreude in them losing their poopoo when their handsy defense was finally called on them this series.

What's that Steph Curry? You don't like getting fouls called on you?
Then stop swiping at every basketball that nears your proximity!

Dude gets fouled out ONCE in an entire season (and postseason!) for the first time in two-and-a-half-years (!) and he loses his god-damned mind.
Petulant baby lost control and actually threw the only projectile he had on his body and nailed the mocking fan in the front row right in the face, then he and his coach are so absurdly entitled that they have zero fear of being suspended for it.
There aren't many things in sports that would make me as unhappy as Golden State winning Game 7. And yet, I would feel compelled to pull this receipt, should that happen. Honor would demand it of me.

And this, folks, is why the NBA finals ARE NOT rigged....................................................................................................................................................................................................................

According to our old pal, Metta World Peace.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGw7N5oAbJy/

I understand he's a crazy dude, but.........

This is just EPIC!!!!!!

Next time someone (Peaches Napear) criticizes Boogie for loosing control of his emotions in the biggest of moments of a game -- as if other star players are so far above doing the same -- I'm going to continually point to Steph Curry and Draymond Green.

Green's actions did get him suspended for an important GM5 and he could have easily been given techs late in the game GM6 when he refused to stop arguing with the refs. That would have prevented him from participating in GM7.

Curry's actions quite easily could have made him ineligible for GM7. But, in both instances, the league decided against doing something that would have been immensely unpopular with fans even though it was certainly warranted. Fair enough.

However, if DeMarcus is ever suspended for an important playoff game, it won't be any different than what these guys did except that they got preferential treatment for a GM7 scenario.

Man, that flew right over your head lmao
Advantage: Sac.Kings
Actually.......Game, Set, Match, Championship: Sac.Kings
well, a) there didn't seem to be any indication of a joke in the original post, b) this didn't feel like any sort of contentious argument, the other poster clarified, I acknowledged that I misunderstood both parties moved on. which brings me to c) why on earth would you bring it up again? it's not like there were any good zingers in there that would warrant it. but yeah, sure, my bad or whatever o_O

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Is this the beginning of the rose falling off the bloom of the whole "The Warriors are so fun, lovable, and awesome and the future of basketball" narrative?

Even if they win Game 7, Green's undeniably, err, unbecoming behavior has more than gotten its time in the spotlight, Steph Curry has looked pedestrian at times and capped things off by throwing a temper tantrum that would make the Hulk proud.

I sure hope so. I dislike the Warriors very much and would like nothing more than the script being rewritten on them. Green has always been a punk and Curry has always largely depended on his teammates for efficiency. The one player I like most from them is Klay. He's got balls that kid, assuming Green hasn't crushed them in practice.

The Warriors are a bunch of whiners. They don't know how to act when a good team plays tough defense and refs go into playoff "let em bang" mode. Live by the jump shot, die by the jump shot.

I have never been much of a fan of James, since he used announce all of the championships he was going to win. I think he has grown up a lot, and now seems to have some humility and belief in his teammates. The Cavaliers have show us something in the last few games. They have been resilient and shown great mental toughness. They have given up on the pass first mentality, and had James and Irving go right at the defense. It is odd how Love has disappeared practically. He does not seem to have the foot speed to play at this high level.

The defense has been outstanding for the last several games. The Warriors really miss Bogut in the middle. Thompson has been very impressive in his absence.

The lack of big men is really noticeable. It is the new NBA where people shoot from any where. The Cavaliers have won me over and I enjoy watching them a lot.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The lack of big men is really noticeable. It is the new NBA where people shoot from any where. The Cavaliers have won me over and I enjoy watching them a lot.
Not sure you can ever really point to a series featuring a 6'9" 250lb behemoth who also happens to be the best player in the world and complain about a lack of big men.

Lebron may have started his career as a shooting guard but he's primarily a big in the Cavs system, especially when Jefferson is in for Love.