[2016] The Finals

Who ya got?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I agree with that much of your post. As for the rest, I'd rather poke my eyes out with chopsticks than have to witness another 'ship for the GSW.
You're definitely entitled to your opinion and I won't hate on you.

However, I'm not that type of a Kings fan, though. I don't "hate" a lot of teams wearing colors other than Gold and Purple. I just "love" the Kings a helluva lot more :) That's all.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
You're definitely entitled to your opinion and I won't hate on you.
Hate on me all you like. I can take it. :p

However, I'm not that type of a Kings fan, though. I don't "hate" a lot of teams wearing colors other than Gold and Purple. I just "love" the Kings a helluva lot more :) That's all.
Not sure what you're talking about. I only HATE one team, always have and always will.

As far as GSW is concerned, I'm just not impressed with their kind of basketball. You can read more about it in the "Why does everyone hate the Warriors?" thread. Don't want to derail this one for that discussion.

Hate on me all you like. I can take it. :p

Not sure what you're talking about. I only HATE one team, always have and always will.

As far as GSW is concerned, I'm just not impressed with their kind of basketball. You can read more about it in the "Why does everyone hate the Warriors?" thread. Don't want to derail this one for that discussion.
I was not intending to imply that I believe(d) that you hate all teams not called the Sacramento Kings, so apologies for that.

I'm not impressed that much with GSW's style of basketball either. I was never impressed with the Mavericks' same style of basketball when they played that way, either (Dirk and Nash years). Phoenix also comes to mind (Nash, Marion, Amare). And, unfortunately, the Kings annoyed me to an extent back when we used to play a similar style (all offense, not a lot of defense).

But, me not being impressed with a certain style of basketball isn't enough justification to forcefully cheer for the Queen.

His name is Lebron James or LBJ. Calling him the "queen" on a Kings board just doesn't seem right, you know? Unless, of course, you weren't around in 2001.
I was definitely around in 2001. We had season tickets back then. I became a Kings fan back in the 1998-1999 season (right after Michael Jordan retired the second time around). Haven't looked elsewhere since. Haven't even thought about looking elsewhere since.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
For the record, here's part of what Steve Kerr had to say after the game.

"He had every right to be upset," Kerr said, launching into an answer that will all but demand a fine from the league office. "You know, he's the MVP of the league. He gets six fouls called on him, three of them were absolutely ridiculous. You know, he steals the ball from Kyrie [Irving] clean at one point. LeBron flops on the last one, [referee] Jason Phillips falls for that, for a flop. That's the MVP of the league we're talking about, these touch fouls in the NBA Finals.

"Let me be clear: we did not lose because of the officiating," Kerr added. "They totally outplayed us, and Cleveland deserved to win. But those three — three of the six fouls were incredibly inappropriate calls for anybody, much less the MPV of the league." Asked if he was OK with Curry's projectile-based frustration response, Kerr doubled down. "Yeah, I'm happy he threw his mouthpiece," Kerr said. "He should be upset. It's the Finals. Everybody's competing out there. There's fouls on every play. I just think that Steph Curry and Klay Thompson — the way we run our offense, we're running and cutting through the lane, we're a rhythm offense — if they're going to let Cleveland grab and hold these guys constantly on their cuts, and then you're going to call these ticky-tack fouls on the MVP of the league to foul him out, I don't agree with that."

Am I the only one who thinks Shumpert has played horrible? It honestly would not surprise me if the Cavs would do a Shumpert for McLemore trade straight up. He's been a blackhole on offense... when he can't contribute on offense, it'll come down to how he plays on defense.

Hint, hint, it hasn't been great...

For the record, here's part of what Steve Kerr had to say after the game.

"He had every right to be upset," Kerr said, launching into an answer that will all but demand a fine from the league office. "You know, he's the MVP of the league. He gets six fouls called on him, three of them were absolutely ridiculous. You know, he steals the ball from Kyrie [Irving] clean at one point. LeBron flops on the last one, [referee] Jason Phillips falls for that, for a flop. That's the MVP of the league we're talking about, these touch fouls in the NBA Finals.

"Let me be clear: we did not lose because of the officiating," Kerr added. "They totally outplayed us, and Cleveland deserved to win. But those three — three of the six fouls were incredibly inappropriate calls for anybody, much less the MPV of the league." Asked if he was OK with Curry's projectile-based frustration response, Kerr doubled down. "Yeah, I'm happy he threw his mouthpiece," Kerr said. "He should be upset. It's the Finals. Everybody's competing out there. There's fouls on every play. I just think that Steph Curry and Klay Thompson — the way we run our offense, we're running and cutting through the lane, we're a rhythm offense — if they're going to let Cleveland grab and hold these guys constantly on their cuts, and then you're going to call these ticky-tack fouls on the MVP of the league to foul him out, I don't agree with that."
Problem I have with that quote, especially the last sentence, is that they are not doing a lot of "running and cutting through the lane". They are, however, doing a lot of "running and throwing up jump shots"

Uh oh. Looks like Steve Kerr is going to get fined, too, based on what he just said about the officials daring to foul out the MVP of the league.

Kerr says he's happy Curry threw his mouthpiece...and he (Kerr) continues to badmouth the officiating.

What whiny little beeatches.
I can tell by your posts you seem to dislike everything golden state but I would appreciate my coach standing up for my teams star. I loved when mike Malone did it for dmc and expect joerger to do the same. Kerr is smart and knows what he's doing. Probably learned it from Phil. Superstars get superstar calls. Lebron and Kobe get away with it, Kerr is just reminding the refs that curry is in their league. If you watch with unbiased eyes you can see the cavs playing "playoff basketball" and not getting called for ticky tack fouls while playing defense while 3 out of curry's 6 fouls were questionable at best.

But ... but ... but ... Kerr used the magic phrase "MVP of the league" THREE times. That should make everything okay.
And each time he said it, I was saying out loud that LeBron is a 4x MVP of the league, not to mention 2x Finals MVP. So while Kerr keeps implying that Steph Curry should get those calls because he's an MVP, he's contradicting himself because LeBron is all that x2. Twice the number of MVP's, twice the number of championships, and Curry has ZERO Finals MVP's. So it should be clear to Kerr that when a call comes down to LeBron versus Curry --- Curry should lose that battle 9 times out of 10.

Last edited:
FWIW, I think LeBron should win Finals MVP regardless whether the Cavs win or lose game 7. Many argued that he should have won it last year, but they did lose in GM6 despite LeBron's historic numbers. This Finals he's putting up similar numbers, but has led the charge in rallying his team back from a 3-1 deficit against a 73 win team all while scoring 41 points in back-to-back elimination games. No Warrior has been outstanding all series long. LeBron has been. Win or lose, the Cavs have already bucked the odds by becoming the 3rd team to ever force a GM7 in the Finals after trailing 3-1.

Lastly, we're seeing the impact Kyrie Irving might have had in last season's Finals had he not been hurt. LeBron can't do it by himself, but perhaps he might do it with #2's help.

Bill Simmons
‏@BillSimmons
I wish Ayesha Curry had been dating C-Webb during the 2002 Lakers-Kings series

generally not a fan of Schadenfreude as a concept, but when you think about it: Green's suspension in game 5 has not only lead to them not having Bogut for the rest of their season, but now also probably the loss of Iggy (he looked invalid for most of the second half), and possibly even a suspension of their best player in the pivotal game. "blame Draymond" should become some sort of meme.

also:

Howard Beck ‏@HowardBeck 6h6 hours ago
FYI: NBA has a clear precedent on throwing mouthpieces: It's a fine, not a suspension. League officials affirm this.

which is good for those of us, who want a competitive game 7.

Last edited:
Also who cares about Ayesha Curry. She's irrelevant here. She's just bitter she isn't spending her time helping under armour design broke ass kicks for her husband.

dude12

Hall of Famer
I mean, Ayesha Curry has come across as spoiled and entitled, but let's suppose, for the sake of argument, that this wasn't one of the things she was exaggerating about. If that really happened, that's ****ing major! :eek:
Yes.....but it's hard to take her seriously
I can tell by your posts you seem to dislike everything golden state but I would appreciate my coach standing up for my teams star. I loved when mike Malone did it for dmc and expect joerger to do the same. Kerr is smart and knows what he's doing. Probably learned it from Phil. Superstars get superstar calls. Lebron and Kobe get away with it, Kerr is just reminding the refs that curry is in their league. If you watch with unbiased eyes you can see the cavs playing "playoff basketball" and not getting called for ticky tack fouls while playing defense while 3 out of curry's 6 fouls were questionable at best.
What I saw is Curry reaching in quite a bit and fouling. The refs called reach in fouls all game long. The game was called very evenly and consistent.

dude12

Hall of Famer
I dunno... aside from looking at the officiating through Curry-colored glasses, what else has she said on social media, or elsewhere, that has called her credibility into question?
Seems like maybe she would have tweeted out the incident when it happened instead of in the middle of her rants about the refs.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Maybe... do we have any reason to believe that she didn't tweet about it as soon as she heard about it? It's not like, if she's that into the game, that she was necessarily paying attention to what's happening with her dad in real time...

As one who has hoped for a Warrior victory all along I won't be surprised if Cleveland and LeBron carry the day in the last game. Hope they both play well in the game and the title is ours n The City.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Did Steph Curry get called for some ticky-tack fouls? Yep.

But so did Kevin Love. The blocking call when he decided to bail out of the charge attempt and barely made contact with Draymond Green's leg was as ticky tack as it comes. Compared to the last game where they let a LOT go and let the teams play physically this game was called really, really tight. But on both ends.

And thankfully they correctly called Varejao on his flopping takedown attempt. Fans love to invoke Vlade when talking about flopping but Divac never did the kind of stuff Varejao, Chris Paul and others now do where they purposely get entangled with another player and pull them down to try and sell a non-existent foul. That crap is horrible and one of these days it's going to result in a serious injury. If a player wants to exaggerate contact and fall down when a guy lowers his shoulder then fine. I'm not a fan of that either but at least he's not creating a potential injury situation for another player.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Maybe... do we have any reason to believe that she didn't tweet about it as soon as she heard about it? It's not like, if she's that into the game, that she was necessarily paying attention to what's happening with her dad in real time...
No, she didn't tweet about it earlier. All she did tweet about was being unable to enter the arena. The people on the "family and friends" bus weren't let in until about 10 minutes before game time.

Did Steph Curry get called for some ticky-tack fouls? Yep.

But so did Kevin Love. The blocking call when he decided to bail out of the charge attempt and barely made contact with Draymond Green's leg was as ticky tack as it comes. Compared to the last game where they let a LOT go and let the teams play physically this game was called really, really tight. But on both ends.

And thankfully they correctly called Varejao on his flopping takedown attempt. Fans love to invoke Vlade when talking about flopping but Divac never did the kind of stuff Varejao, Chris Paul and others now do where they purposely get entangled with another player and pull them down to try and sell a non-existent foul. That crap is horrible and one of these days it's going to result in a serious injury. If a player wants to exaggerate contact and fall down when a guy lowers his shoulder then fine. I'm not a fan of that either but at least he's not creating a potential injury situation for another player.
standard joke on twitter last night: "this is so rigged, the refs are clearly hurting the Warriors by calling all these fouls on Love."

only topped by: "when the Cavs build a statue of Richard Jefferson, it should be of him getting off the bench, as Love sits down."