[2014] The Finals

Will the Spurs end our long national nightmare?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Patty Mills is really short, as in about one inch taller than IT. Mills is clutch shooter just like IT in many ways but he's much, much better defender - especially for his size. I'd trade IT straight up for Mills but problem is Spurs would never make such bad deal for them.

Patty Mills is really short, as in about one inch taller than IT. Mills is clutch shooter just like IT in many ways but he's much, much better defender - especially for his size. I'd trade IT straight up for Mills but problem is Spurs would never make such bad deal for them.
There is no I in TEAM. They would never make a trade for a selfish micro pizza shoot first gunner. That goes against everything their team is about.

This is exactly what I wanted. Not just beating the Heat. Humiliating them at home. Beating superstars with team mentality and execution.

This is the worst postseason game/series for Dwayne Wade I can remember. He won't opt out of his contract because he isn't worth the max anymore.

Mills is a FA this off season (I'm pretty sure).

The Spurs dominate both ends of the floor again as they win game 4 107-86 over Miami Heat. Again Leonard lead the spurs with a 20 points,Tim Duncan 10 points. And Lebron walking slowly to end of bench but he play well with a 28 points. what do you think they do at game 5?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I don't have a second-favorite team. For me, it's all about the Kings. But, having said that, watching the Spurs makes me smile because they play the game the way I think it should be played. And they do it without the drama, without the ego, without the bullcrap. They just go out there and get the freaking job done.

GO SPURS GO!
Frankly, I don't know how anybody can watch the Spurs play for five minutes, and still root for the Heat. It's a saying that's so overused, it's become cliché, but by god, the Spurs play the right way!

Amazingly awesome game. One more Spurs. Come out and smash these guys in game 5 please
I'd love another blowout. Mostly because it would force the press, all offseason, to repeat ad nauseum about the catastrophic collapse and major choke job the Heat pulled off.

Just as much as they've built them up, they will be torn down if they don't come through. The Heat's popularity comes at a price, and if they don't hold up their end of the bargain... you can bet the vultures in the press will never let them live it down.

Last edited:
K

KingMilz

Is there anything more amazing to watch than what the Spurs do, I don't get how people don't consider them exciting

Lenoard: Is imo there most exciting players and he's a beast on both ends
Parker: gets into the lane and finishes harder shots than anyone
Ginbolli: insane passes/drives
Diaw: elite passing and playmaking

And they run and gun while exacuting in the half court

Is there anything more amazing to watch than what the Spurs do, I don't get how people don't consider them exciting

Yes, there is something more amazing than what the Spurs do, it's called the Kings from 1999 to approx 2004.

If they had rightly made the finals, you would have never heard the end of the praises as THE greatest display of team basketball in the history of the NBA.

The Finals provides an opportunity, as a grand stage, for the announcers to celebrate the winning team essentially as an ambassador of the game. Listen closely and in their praises they are not only promoting the Spurs, but the game as a whole. It becomes pageantry. The Kings, had they gone to the Finals and won, would have given cause for all that endless, over the top commenting you see going on now, but it would have been even more so, because of the sheer beauty and poetry of basketball they displayed. Like the Spurs do now, but seriously about 3 times more artful. The Spurs are the first team whose play I've heard called "beautiful" on a big stage since the Kings.

Yes, there is something more amazing than what the Spurs do, it's called the Kings from 1999 to approx 2004.

If they had rightly made the finals, you would have never heard the end of the praises as THE greatest display of team basketball in the history of the NBA.

The Finals provides an opportunity, as a grand stage, for the announcers to celebrate the winning team essentially as an ambassador of the game. Listen closely and in their praises they are not only promoting the Spurs, but the game as a whole. It becomes pageantry. The Kings, had they gone to the Finals and won, would have given cause for all that endless, over the top commenting you see going on now, but it would have been even more so, because of the sheer beauty and poetry of basketball they displayed. Like the Spurs do now, but seriously about 3 times more artful. The Spurs are the first team whose play I've heard called "beautiful" on a big stage since the Kings.
This. But I think another aspect of the Spurs that really gets my admiration is how they've been so successful and adaptive over the years without courting free agent superstars. They've built internally, adjusted style under the same coach and even without the titles have been a 50+ win team basically every year for the last decade and more.

I find them to be the most entertaining by far in today's game, because at any moment in any game they have an entire team of players who can make winning plays at the highest level. Their ball movement is incredible.

It's also quite entertaining how the media is left almost speachless and crest fallen after the Spurs dismantle the teams (players) that are suppossed to be "carrying the torch" for today's game. The Spurs then leave them with none of the types of quotes or "bulletin board" material" that they so desperately try to extract. Greg Popovich interviews are hillarious. LOL!

All the teams that play ISo ball are boring

Last edited:

The Nets would have ben torched SOO bad in the finals and I also think our 02-03 squad would have beat this "big 3" era Heat team.

it's a tired narrative. the spurs don't have the nike-sponsored "brand name" draw of someone like lebron james, but they've become more perimeter-oriented as tim duncan has gotten older. he doesn't play back-to-the-basket much anymore, and the spurs' pace has actually increased in an effort to keep the ball moving and get the big fundamental (and everyone else) easier shots (often at the rim)...

as a result, they've become perhaps the purest example of team basketball in the contemporary nba. they're a marvel on both sides of the ball, always operating on a string. everybody knows their role. everybody knows where they should be. and pop knows how to make the whole machine run. he knows how to maximize each and every one of his players. it's several degrees beyond impressive, at this point...

I'd love another blowout. Mostly because it would force the press, all offseason, to repeat ad nauseum about the catastrophic collapse and major choke job the Heat pulled off.

Just as much as they've built them up, they will be torn down if they don't come through. The Heat's popularity comes at a price, and if they don't hold up their end of the bargain... you can bet the vultures in the press will never let them live it down.
Im pretty sure im in the minority when I say this; I like the heat. I view them as 7akers insurance. The only thought that makes me happier than the 7akers not winning it is the Kings winning it. In my world any team can stack up ridiculous talent as long as they aren't the 7akers.

Aren't the Spurs also lakers insurance?
That they are. Superior insurance, in fact, due to playing in the same conference.

FWIW, the Lakers are currently Lakers insurance as well.

In my case, I dislike the Heat for a number of reasons.

1) the superstar personalities. Lebron coasted his first 5 or 6 years in the league. He was always talented and athletic, but he never put in the work to develop a consistent midrange or post-up game. To his credit, he has put in the work since he lost to the Mavs, but he could have been better while in Cleveland and chose not to be.

Wade is a thug. I don't mind that when it's Reggie Evans thugging it up. He lacks talent, so thugging is what he does to make up for it. Wade has the talent and still reverts to cheap tactics, flops, and dirty plays. That type of play should be beneath him, but it isn't.

2) The collusion. Every small market team fan (and most of the major market fans) should be opposed to the way the Heat came together on principle. It's one thing when a washed up superstar like Malone goes ring hunting for vet minimum salary. It's another thing when three all-stars form cliques to try to game the system and create dynasties. Like Chuck says, it's bad for competitive balance in the league which leads to a dearth of talent in the small markets.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Im pretty sure im in the minority when I say this; I like the heat. I view them as 7akers insurance. The only thought that makes me happier than the 7akers not winning it is the Kings winning it. In my world any team can stack up ridiculous talent as long as they aren't the 7akers.
Gotta disagree...vehemently. Two wrongs do not make a right.

That they are. Superior insurance, in fact, due to playing in the same conference.

FWIW, the Lakers are currently Lakers insurance as well.

In my case, I dislike the Heat for a number of reasons.

1) the superstar personalities. Lebron coasted his first 5 or 6 years in the league. He was always talented and athletic, but he never put in the work to develop a consistent midrange or post-up game. To his credit, he has put in the work since he lost to the Mavs, but he could have been better while in Cleveland and chose not to be.

Wade is a thug. I don't mind that when it's Reggie Evans thugging it up. He lacks talent, so thugging is what he does to make up for it. Wade has the talent and still reverts to cheap tactics, flops, and dirty plays. That type of play should be beneath him, but it isn't.

2) The collusion. Every small market team fan (and most of the major market fans) should be opposed to the way the Heat came together on principle. It's one thing when a washed up superstar like Malone goes ring hunting for vet minimum salary. It's another thing when three all-stars form cliques to try to game the system and create dynasties. Like Chuck says, it's bad for competitive balance in the league which leads to a dearth of talent in the small markets.
I don't like Wade...At all... but a thug? ha, ok. Do you know what a thug is?