2013-14 broadcast schedule and game announcers

Hi Kings Fans, I know that training camp is several weeks away but I was wondering if anyone has heard about who will be the announcers for the games that are shown on TV? Also how many games will be broadcast and will they be on COMCAST Sports Net CA again?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
There has been no indication that there will be a change of broadcasters. The Kings website shows the nationally covered games ( http://www.nba.com/kings/schedule/ ) but it's not unusual for them not to show the local station until it's determined which games News10 will be showing. The Comcast contract is still in effect, so I think it's safe to presume all the games will be carried.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall any announcement about this yet.

Over the last several seasons we have had all regular-season games broadcast, and I can't imagine that this year, under a new ownership determined to do right by the community, that it will be any different. As far as I know the majority of the games should be on CSN-CA, though like last year we may have some select games on News10 (or perhaps another broadcast station?). We have one national game: ESPN Nov. 15th hosting Detroit - I believe that game will not be broadcast by the local outlet, but I could be wrong.

Hopefully, the Ranadive ownership will pony up so we can see pre-season games too, something we've mostly missed out on the last few years.

I don't remember hearing anything about Grant and Jerry, either. Assume for now that they will be the same.

(Looks like VF has said basically the same thing, but I typed it all out, so I'm hitting "post"!)

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
My best guess is the "Kings" announcers are going to be:

Play by Play: Bob Fitzgerald

The best play by play guy in the game, and a guy that has just epitomized basketball for me.

Color Commentary: Jim Barnett

The best color commentary guy in the game, and a guy we just have to have as part of our organization.

Stupid Commentary: Tim Hardaway

A blithering idiot. But also a former star of the greatest franchise in professional sports! Timmy with the UTEP two-step! Ah...the memories...

Last edited:

bajaden

Hall of Famer

The best play by play guy in the game, and a guy that has just epitomized basketball for me.

The best color commentary guy in the game, and a guy we just have to have as part of our organization.

A blithering idiot. But also a former star of the greatest franchise in professional sports! Timmy with the UTEP two-step! Ah...the memories...

No Tim Roye? Whats the deal? No Rick Barry? Great color guy! And not opinionated.....

Napier is under contract, so he should be announcing. Haven't heard a thing about Reynolds doing the color.
Contracts can be bought out. But I don't for see any changes. The only thing that gives me pause is they apparently didn't extend Reynolds contract. If the new ownership group was good with what they have, this would have been something easy to tie up. I suspect the final decision will be left to Chris Granger.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Contracts can be bought out. But I don't for see any changes. The only thing that gives me pause is they apparently didn't extend Reynolds contract. If the new ownership group was good with what they have, this would have been something easy to tie up. I suspect the final decision will be left to Chris Granger.
Wasn't it just his contract as "director of player personnel" that wasn't extended?

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
For us SoCalKingsFans Grant and Jerry keep us coming back to the TV coverage year after year. Anyone know if we can get radio broadcasts, i.e.., Gerry Jerold, via Internet? like on KHTKam.com???

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Kings/News10 press release dated Sept. 16, 2013:

Local ABC Affiliate News10 to Televise 11 Kings Games

--News10 to tip-off programming from Sleep Train Arena with commercial-free “Long Live the Kings” Home Opener vs. Denver Oct. 30--

SACRAMENTO, Calif. – The Sacramento Kings announced today that local ABC affiliate News10 will once again join the team as a broadcast partner for the 2013-14 season, carrying 11 over-the-air Kings telecasts.

Returning for a third time after partnering with the Kings in 2006-07 and 2012-13, News10 will begin coverage this season with a commercially uninterrupted broadcast of the “Long Live the Kings” Home Opener on Oct. 30 versus the Denver Nuggets.

"No one was more excited than we were about the decision to keep the Kings in Sacramento," News10 General Manager Maria Barrs said. "This is a pivotal year, and a commercial-free opening game is a great chance for fans to tune-in and rediscover why Kings basketball is so exciting and so important to this community."

"News10 has been a loyal and valuable partner for us, and we look forward to working with them again this year," said Sacramento Kings President Chris Granger. "We are excited to offer the home opener commercial-free, and give our wonderful fans a peek into the arena experience on what is certain to be a special night."

Day Date Opponent Time Local Television

Wednesday Oct. 30 Denver Nuggets 7:00 p.m. News10

Sunday Dec. 1 Golden State Warriors 3:00 p.m. News10

Friday Dec. 27 Miami Heat 7:00 p.m. News10

Friday Jan. 17 @ Memphis Grizzlies 5:00 p.m. News10

Friday Jan. 24 Indiana Pacers 7:00 p.m. News10

Sunday Jan. 26 Denver Nuggets 6:00 p.m. News10

Saturday Feb. 1 @ San Antonio Spurs 5:30 p.m. News10

Friday Feb. 28 @ LA Lakers 7:30 p.m. News10

Saturday Mar. 15 @ Chicago Bulls 5:00 p.m. News10

Friday Mar. 28 @ Oklahoma City Thunder 5:00 p.m. News10

Saturday Mar. 29 @ Dallas Mavericks 5:30 p.m. News10

Comcast SportsNet California will broadcast 70 Kings regular-season games. Sacramento also appears once on ESPN for a nationally-televised matchup with Detroit on Nov. 15 from Sleep Train Arena.

Stay current with Kings.com for the complete 82-game TV schedule.

Since last year I changed from Comcast to Direct TV... can anybody tell me what channel Comcast Sportsnet is on with Sac Direct TV? I have a hard time finding stuff with them for some reason. I can see me freaking out last minute trying to find a game. lol.

Since last year I changed from Comcast to Direct TV... can anybody tell me what channel Comcast Sportsnet is on with Sac Direct TV? I have a hard time finding stuff with them for some reason. I can see me freaking out last minute trying to find a game. lol.
Channel 698. You'll get used to it. Also on the remote you can hit the up arrow and it opens a quicktune menu... you can save 9 favorite channels to your quicktune. Comcast Sportsnet Ca is definitely one of mine!

Channel 698. You'll get used to it. Also on the remote you can hit the up arrow and it opens a quicktune menu... you can save 9 favorite channels to your quicktune. Comcast Sportsnet Ca is definitely one of mine!
Thanks! I didn't know about the quicktune either... big help!