2009 BIGDOG-VF21 NFL Fantasy Football league

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Okay, we're back again. Active participants from last year's league have been sent invitations through Yahoo...

Here are the rules and information. If you were an active participant last year but didn't get your email, let me know and I'll give you the password. We will most likely have a couple of openings so if you want to be put on the waiting list, feel free to add your name. NOTE: PLEASE do not sign up unless you're willing to stick with the league all season. This is an active league.

2009 BIG DOG-VF21 NFL Fantasy

2009 registered participants:
1. VF21 - VF21 Devils
2. Gary - Gary's BENGALS
3. Adam X - SpongeJaywhinerpants
4. Rockmeister - Bradymeister
5. Walmatt23 - 49' (cent) ers
6. nebs - nebs niners
7. Josh - JoshHawksFan
8. Monty'sBiggestFan - MBF Fightin Tapirs
9. Entity - Team Entity
10. Londonking - LK in the Endzone
11. SLAB - Team Never Lose
12. Circa_1985_Fan - Return of the Circa

Here's the league info:

League ID#: 126538
League Name: BIG DOG-VF21 KingFans
Password: (available upon request)
Draft Type: Live Draft
Draft Time: Sat Aug 22 10:00am PDT
Max Teams: 12
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Start Scoring on: Week 1
Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports
Max Moves: No maximum
Max Trades: No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 2
Trade End Date: November 20, 2009
Trade Review: Commissioner
Waiver Time: 1 day
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Playoffs: Week 15, 16 and 17 (8 teams)
Roster Positions: QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/T, W/R, K, DEF, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN
Stat Categories: Passing Yards (25 yards per point)
Passing Touchdowns (6)
Interceptions (-2)
Rushing Yards (20 yards per point)
Rushing Touchdowns (6)
Receptions (1)
Reception Yards (20 yards per point)
Reception Touchdowns (6)
Return Touchdowns (6)
2-Point Conversions (2)
Fumbles Lost (-2)
Offensive Fumble Return TD (6)
Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3)
Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3)
Field Goals 30-39 Yards (3)
Field Goals 40-49 Yards (4)
Field Goals 50+ Yards (5)
Point After Attempt Made (1)
Point After Attempt Missed (-2)
Sack (1)
Interception (2)
Fumble Recovery (2)
Touchdown (6)
Safety (2)
Block Kick (2)
Points Allowed 0 points (10)
Points Allowed 1-6 points (7)
Points Allowed 7-13 points (4)
Points Allowed 14-20 points (1)
Points Allowed 21-27 points (0)
Points Allowed 28-34 points (-1)
Points Allowed 35+ points (-4)
Fractional Points: Yes
Negative Points: Yes

Active participants (and final standings) from 2008/2009:

1. nebs niners
2. LK in the Endzone
3. Return of the Circa
4. 49' (cent) ers
5. JoshHawksFan
6. John's Bruisers
7. Gary's BENGALS
8. Team Entity
9. VF21 Devils
10. Team Never-Lose
11. The Bum Rushers
12. Bradymeister

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Cnogratulations. Fold up the chair! Since you're the first one here and we're going to have at least two vacancies based on people who simply dropped off the map last year, you're in.

I'm sending you the password as I type...almost.

:p

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Update: Last year we were originally set up for 12 teams but expanded to 14 to allow two more people to join. Of those 14, we had 12 ACTIVE participants. This year, I dropped the two people who were not active. In addition, I've been told that one of our managers - John - won't be returning. I went ahead and substituted Monty'sBiggestFan in for him...

And I've returned the maximum number of participants to 12, which seemed to work better all the way around.

In addition, I've removed the "can't cut" list from our rules. If people object strenuously to what they think are unfair tactics by some of our managers, which I seriously doubt will happen anyway, I think we can resolve it without having our hands tied by Yahoo's opinion of who managers can and cannot cut.

:)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I won't know until the rest of last year's managers respond to their personal invitations. :) Do you want to be put on the waiting list in case one of them refuses?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
UPDATE: The draft date has been changed to Saturday, Aug. 22 - the time is still 10 a.m. I've sent emails out to all registered managers via the Yahoo system.

I won't be able to make the August 22nd draft time because I have a golf tournament. I will pre-rank my players as it gets closer to the date.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Looks like we're almost set. Circa did confirm that he'll be participating again this season, so as soon as he registers his team we'll full.

Thanks everyone! Hope to see as many of you as possible on Draft Day.

:D

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Did youi use the feature to send out your renewal emails to all of last year's managers? It worked really good for me!

Did youi use the feature to send out your renewal emails to all of last year's managers? It worked really good for me!
No, I didn't. Since most of the people that are in your league are also in my league and figured they would check in the fantasy and games thread. I guess PM's will be sent. Last year, I didn't have to send any PM, other than the information they needed to sign up. They all responded pretty quick last year in my thread. I was assuming it would be the same this year.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
You know the old saying about not assuming, right? ;) I can post a message on our league board for you...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
??? According to the roster, you already signed up but there's no date of activity. I've never seen that before.

Check your PMs in a sec...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Ack! I feel terrible. I didn't see this until right now... I have commitments for all the slots, but one person has not actually joined the league yet although I've sent a couple of reminder PMs. If he doesn't activate his slot by Wednesday, I'll give it to you.

I'm very glad to know you're still around, BTW.

:eek:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Reminder time - Draft is this Saturday. Prepare to meet your doom! VF21 Devils are pulling out all the stops this year.

:p

I couldn't be there at the draft this morning and my team sucks. Any player except for Maurice Jones Drew on my team is up for trade. I could really use a good WR

No problem...have a great time. I'm in grad school right now anyway. Have been for about two and half years now. Just about how long I've been out of commission here! We've got our second child due in October as well. I finish my Master's in the Spring, so hopefully I'll have more time next year! :)