KINGS UNVEIL NEW UNIFORMS

Thoughts?

• Total voters
I have a DMC one of those from the year they brought them back. Absolutely love that uni.
I bought a Mitch Richmond authentic from the ARCO team store that was on discount because it was the last home game of the season. It was from the 1st or 2nd season in which they wore those unis.

For many years other fans envied that jersey whenever I wore it because it wasn’t easy to find until they reused them again 7-8 years ago or however long back that was.

You’re right, they are among the best the KINGS have ever worn.

It might be time for me to upgrade my closet with one of these bad boys...New jersey looks NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!!!

Hate the font on the statement jerseys. Not sure what the fascination is with Malofian era fonts. Either the cursive font, or the logo with the sharp corners ala 1998-2002. Everything else they got right, but the font sucks.

I like the color a lot. The half purple and black with checkers has always been a winner…but everything about the Sacramento Kings portion of it makes it look like a jersey they wear at the training facility. Not a game.

They are OK.. I keep seeing King5 though because of the smaller 2-3-4 letters. It's either KingS kinda like l33tspeak, or King5. I guess with 5 men on the floor it works the same way anyway eh? Now I wonder if that was like a hidden message, and it was meant to look like that.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
never going to wear a jersey but I like the Statement.

I do sort of agree that the font is a choice after the new fonts. also wouldn't have minded this on a city jersey that says Beam Team instead of Kings and a solid beam around the gradient. but I mean they can improve this design if they keep them for a while? City is the only one that is a constant year to year refresh?

can someone explain the name conventions though and why they ditched home/away/alt 3rd? god I never even put this together playing 2k.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
never going to wear a jersey but I like the Statement.

I do sort of agree that the font is a choice after the new fonts. also wouldn't have minded this on a city jersey that says Beam Team instead of Kings and a solid beam around the gradient. but I mean they can improve this design if they keep them for a while? City is the only one that is a constant year to year refresh?

can someone explain the name conventions though and why they ditched home/away/alt 3rd? god I never even put this together playing 2k.
The naming conventions still make zero sense to me beyond marketing blather, but they got rid of home & away because teams are now allowed to choose which jersey to wear regardless of whether they are home or away. The two teams just have to have unis that are visually different from each other.

Last edited:

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
I never cared for the old checkerboard jerseys much but I actually really like these, except for the wording/font on the front. The K and S are way too oversized and it looks goofy. Look, if you are going to keep the larger K and S and want a block font, do something like the following instead. It is SOOO much better. And, it is proof that you can indeed use a freaking capital "N" with the rest of the capital letters. Holy cow, why is that so hard to re-implement?!?!?
1688600200002.png

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
And, it is proof that you can indeed use a freaking capital "N" with the rest of the capital letters. Holy cow, why is that so hard to re-implement?!?!?
I think they do it just to rile you up!

Also, minor missed opportunity to make the "S" in Sacramento a larger size than the other letters and have it stand "alone" as the dot to the "i" in Kings. Man, they should have run that past me. Obviously, that would continue to irritate you because now TWO letters would be lower case!

the half and half gradient jersey now might be right up there with the black one as my favorite Kings jersey of all time. Really looks good not in weird studio lighting.
I like the color scheme, but just can't get past the Kings lettering and the tiny "Sacramento" between the K and the S. If they would have used the Kings script like in the other jerseys (or last year's) I would be liking them much more.

I like the color scheme, but just can't get past the Kings lettering and the tiny "Sacramento" between the K and the S. If they would have used the Kings script like in the other jerseys (or last year's) I would be liking them much more.
Agree. The gradient looks like it actually works in person, but the lettering/font is a big miss— looks like a summer league jersey or the like.