Whopper or Big Mac?

Whopper or Big Mac

• Total voters
Neither?

I have given up fast food, but I always preferred the quarter pounder. At BK I'd get a chicken sandwich. But my favorite fast food chain burger was the Double Western Bacon Cheeseburger from Carl's.

All memories from my past now :)

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
I prefer the Whopper (no tomatos, no pickles), but end up eating the Big Mac more often simply because my wife and son prefer McD's the few times we do eat fast food.

I actually prefer Carl's Jr burgers over either for fast food burgers, but for mainstream burgers in general the Whiskey River BBQ Burger, again, no tomato, at Red Robin has to be tops on my list. ;)

You could not pay me to eat at McDonalds, so I voted Whopper.

Years ago when I lived in Auburn, I went to a Burger King there and ordered a whopper. They told me they were out of whoppers! Seriously!

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Bah! I visited In-N-Out on my last trip to California. After listening to you weird left coast people gas it up for years, I had to try it...

Biggest.
Letdown.
EVER!

Neither.

I seldom eat fast food, but prefer an Ultimate Cheeseburger from Jack In The Box or a Double Double from In-N-Out if I'm going to go for the calories. I go for chicken at all of the other drive-thru chains.

Agreed. Marginally better than McD's. I really don't see what everyone sees in them.
Firstly, this is blasphemy.

Secondly, it's an LA thing. In-N-Out from one of the original LA stands (the one I always went to in Pasadena was especially good) is like a religious experience. All the newer ones are okay, but have never quite mastered the fries.

I prefered Tommy's and then Fatburger when I lived in LA but In-N-Out has the best shakes. Here in Portland we have Burgerville which is on par with In-N-Out, but I haven't had that in ages.

I noticed Slim at 6000 when I posted the picture of me and my wife a few days ago... mass deletions or is the post counter broken?

White Castle > The Varsity > Burger King >>> In-N-Out
Hold on there...

I will grant you The Varsity (even though the orange shake gave me the runs.) White Castle is only "better" because you can get 30 burgers for like a quarter. Otherwise, they're on par with Steak and Shake.

In-N-Out is better than both White Castle and Burger King. BK burgers are dry.

More math:

Hardee's = Carl's Jr., although it's a pretty good fight for caloric content.

You're an eastie - what says you about Five Guys? They're pretty solid.

Well, I voted on the choices given. Locally (Yuba City), though, I'd take Burger Hut any day. Great burgers and a condiment bar to add whatever you want. Big basket of hot fries. The shakes are really good, too. No drive-thru. There's one in Chico, too. Alright....now I'm hungry.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Well, I voted on the choices given. Locally (Yuba City), though, I'd take Burger Hut any day. Great burgers and a condiment bar to add whatever you want. Big basket of hot fries. The shakes are really good, too. No drive-thru. There's one in Chico, too. Alright....now I'm hungry.
Actually 2 in Chico, they opened another on the north side of town on Cohasset. Never been there but saw it driving by to a job site last year.

Seriously, if you've never been, go to Red Robin - there is one just east of Hwy 99 on the south side of Hwy 20. Good shakes, good all you can eat steak fries, and great burgers.

And I'm not hungry right now - diving into some teriyaki chicken and spicy chicken with rice. MMMMMM. ;)

I still need to hit Squeeze Inn over in South Sacramento area (I think) - supposed to be some darn good burgers there, too.

Seriously, if you've never been, go to Red Robin - there is one just east of Hwy 99 on the south side of Hwy 20. Good shakes, good all you can eat steak fries, and great burgers.

I still need to hit Squeeze Inn over in South Sacramento area (I think) - supposed to be some darn good burgers there, too.
There's a Red Robin on Laguna Blvd. You can get there either I-5 or Hwy 99. Its a good place for a hamburger. However, the best place to get a hamburger is at Squeeze Inn. Its on Fruitridge road off Hwy 99. Very good hamburgers.

Actually 2 in Chico, they opened another on the north side of town on Cohasset. Never been there but saw it driving by to a job site last year.

And I'm not hungry right now - diving into some teriyaki chicken and spicy chicken with rice. MMMMMM. ;)

I want to go to the Squeeze Inn as well. Whitey's in West Sac isn't too shabby either or Jim Denny's downtown.

I've got a gift certificate for Red Robin. I should go soon. :)

I'm not hungry now...I just ate some celery and carrot sticks. (/sarcasm);)

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
There's a Red Robin on Laguna Blvd. You can get there either I-5 or Hwy 99. Its a good place for a hamburger. However, the best place to get a hamburger is at Squeeze Inn. Its on Fruitridge road off Hwy 99. Very good hamburgers.
That's the one I usually go to, as I used to live in Elk Grove but recently moved to the Galt area. It's actually only a couple blocks off 99, so that is the easier way to go and avoid all the signal lights (all other things being equal).

Whitey's was good, but not as good as some others for my taste. We went there maybe 4-6 months ago.

OK, I gotta get over to the Squeeze Inn one of these days....

mcdonald's is toxic, so i don't eat there. but i haven't eaten the whopper either since finding out one of those things carries about 80g of fat.

white castles is excellent, but only if you've got the crave; in-n-out is good, but not super duper good as everyone makes it out to be.

best fast food burger is the double at wendy's (since there aren't that many carl's, red robins, jacks, etc. around here).

That's the one I usually go to, as I used to live in Elk Grove but recently moved to the Galt area. It's actually only a couple blocks off 99, so that is the easier way to go and avoid all the signal lights (all other things being equal).

Whitey's was good, but not as good as some others for my taste. We went there maybe 4-6 months ago.

OK, I gotta get over to the Squeeze Inn one of these days....
Since I live on the I-5 side, I hate to go thru all those signal lights. :rolleyes:

Yea, make sure to try and get over to Squeeze Inn. Its an absolute a must for people that love hamburgers. Not only are the hamburgers really good but so are the fries. This place reminds me of a mom and pops place. The only downside is its very smal
l.

Since I live on the I-5 side, I hate to go thru all those signal lights. :rolleyes:

Yea, make sure to try and get over to Squeeze Inn. Its an absolute a must for people that love hamburgers. Not only are the hamburgers really good but so are the fries. This place reminds me of a mom and pops place. The only downside is its very small.
Since it received national exposure, I guess the parking is an issue, too.