Who wants off this ride?

What describes your approach to this team?

• I'm done with basketball - I'm not considering myself a fan of this team, or any NBA team

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm done with the Kings - I'm going to start following some other NBA team

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm done with the Kings - if Boogie gets traded, I will start following that team

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • I'm still onboard with the Kings, no matter how many years it takes

Votes: 43 89.6%

• Total voters
After today's flip-flopping about firing George Karl, has anyone had enough?

Does your fan following have ANY limits?
Is there anything this franchise could do to cost them your fandom?

Let's say that retaining Karl is a statement by the organization that they are not interested in giving Demarcus what he needs to succeed in Sacramento, and they are going to be trading him soon.
Let's assume they keep losing this season, and next season is more of the same.

If Demarcus is traded, will your fandom change towards this team?

i need to get a job on this team. There's nothing open apart from a part time security officer but its only galvanized my view that i need to move back to Sac, pull Vivek into a corner, meet with Vlade and get involved somehow. I dont care if i start at the bottom refilling the gatorade but the fact here is unless people that really care about this franchise get involved, we will be nobodys, continuing rudderless as a franchise for how ever many years i roam this earth and beyond.

After today's flip-flopping about firing George Karl, has anyone had enough?
Not sure it was a flip-flop by the team. It was certainly a flip-flop by sportwriters.

As a fan of the Kings, I will remain a fan as long as they are in Sacramento, although my interest will ebb and flow depending on circumstances and performance, just like it would for any other team.

The combo of a bad Cousins trade along with a Calipari or Mark Jackson hire could send me packing. Easy to talk big about it now though. By the start of the season I'm sure I'd be tuning in even if it's begrudgingly.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I'm not quitting basketball and I'm not finding a new team. This has always been my team. There's no other NBA team I would ever consider rooting for. I may have to take a few steps back at some point though if this continues the way it has been. I may not want to watch the Kings for a couple of years even. College basketball is fun. I'm in a very small minority on this but I do like the WNBA. I didn't watch a lot of baseball from 1996-2003 or so and the world didn't fall apart. Eventually I'll be back though. Eventually I'll miss this -- both the ups and the downs.

in for a penny, in for a pound
phrase of penny
  1. 1.
    used to express someone's intention to complete an enterprise once it has been undertaken, however much time, effort, or money this entails.

I'm with Kings as long as it takes with one caveat. If MLB or NFL ever comes to Sac and franchise still hopelessly floundering all bets are off where my sports entertainment $$ end up.

I'm just glad we still have a team to be disgusted about. Perhaps if the team had moved, it would've granted some of you some mercy. I try not to take it all too seriously and am currently just laughing at this mess. We'll see what happens.

I am happy we didn't do something stupid. It makes no sense to fire a coach like this. Especially again. People need to lay off of Karl weather they like him or not. If the players really want to make the playoffs they will play. Otherwise they are all talk.

Im still following the team but I haven't bought gear in years. I gave up my season tickets years ago and have only gone if I got free tickets or someone gifted me tickets.
So....... ill watch them and continue to spend ZERO DOLLARS of my hard earned cash on this trash team.

You season ticket holders have got to be either filthy rich or some sorta super fan to be able to reason in your head spending thousands of dollars on this crap year after year. My hats off to you.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
as much as it hurts being a Kings fan and as torturous as it can be, for the life of me I can't seem to shake this team regardless of anything that goes on. I think after that Seattle debacle I appreciate just having a team for the long term, even if they are going to be irrelevant for another decade. I guess it comes with being a fan, the ups and downs, in our case, more downs than ups.

I appreciate the honesty of some of the replies - the subject hits right to the heart of fandom.

For myself (I didn't answer the poll), there is simply no way that I could continue to be emotionally or financially invested in a team that pushes Demarcus out and treats him as they have.
Even though Demarcus shares blame in not controlling himself and fixing his problems, this situation NEVER should have come to this.
The failure of this franchise to put together a working organization and team, combined with making Demarcus the scapegoat and forcing him out of town, would be the last straw for me.
I would either start following the team Demarcus was traded to, or I would stop following the NBA entirely - not because Demarcus is the savior sent from the basketball gods, but because it would be an indicator of this franchise's failure to build a competitive team.

The Kings have embarrassed this fan way too many times to continue supporting their ineptitude, without some emotional anchor (other than geographic proximity) keeping me invested.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
And sadly, that is why I'll always come back. While I'm definitely in the midst of a divorce with this team, I'll be back. And they'll be waiting.

I hate myself. ;););)
You and I have had our differences more than once, so it's kind of sadly ironic that this is where we agree. ;)