what was the last movie you watched?

RoyalDiva said:
I'm finally getting to see 'A History of Violence' tonight. I can't wait, I've been anxiously anticipating it's DVD release.
i watched that last night. it was so good!!!!!!! viggo mortensen was fabulous! the story was great. i can't believe william hurt got nominated for an oscar, he was in it for 10 minutes! viggo should have gotten nominated instead of him LOL.

Just got back from seeing "V for Vendetta". From the previews, it looks like a cheesy pile of dung, but on a recommendation I went and saw it anyway. Very good movie, the best part being in the middle of the movie, after Natalie Portman's character (forgot her name) is captured.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
VF21 said:
I like him. He reminds me a bit of Vin Diesel crossed with the guy from "The Shield" and with a dash of James Bond tossed in for good measure.

Not that he looks like any of them but it's just the persona I guess...
And, VF.

The guy from The Shield is Micheal Chiklis.

Awesome show! Great actor!

Anyways, off to The Hills Have Eyes now, I just had to point that out as Im the worlds biggest Shield fan!

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Back from the movies.

I watched Date Movie, though as they wouldnt let my frind in because she didnt have ID.

Well...It had it's moments...Definatly not as funny as I hoped...And lots of disturbing comedy hurt the overall movie.

2 stars...It's maybe worth a rental.

PixelPusher said:
ditto. Using the actual footage from McCarthy's response to Murrow was very striking.
Apparently, when Good Night And Good Luck was being shown to test audiences, some people didn't know that the actual McCarthy footage was used and several of the response cards complained that they didn't like the actor playing McCarthy because he was too over the top.

I thought that was amusing.

F

Fillmoe

SLAB said:
The Hills Have Eyes.

Great movie.

As a matter of fact, Im going again!

Like in a half hour!

yay!
are you serious.... i will give you a cookie if you can explain the plot to that whole movie...... i bet u cant do it... because there isnt one! i thought that movie was wack....

atxrocker said:
^^hey, RD let me know how it is. I have been wanting to watch this movie for some time now but never got the chance yet. looks good
It was a really good movie, one that I would recommend. Lots of plot twists and psychology. It kept me on the edge of my seat.

I went to see Inside Man today, it was very good. Clive Owen and Denzel Washington are both excellent, and Jodie Foster didn't annoy me quite as much as usual.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I just watched "Good Night, and Good Luck" - the story of Edward R. Murrow and his stand on CBS against Sen. Joe McCarthy. Very interesting story, and well done.

'Broken Flowers'. Very good movie. I was leary going into it because I'd heard from several people that it was boring, but I didn't think so at all. Bill Murray was excellent as usual.

RoyalDiva said:
'Broken Flowers'. Very good movie. I was leary going into it because I'd heard from several people that it was boring, but I didn't think so at all. Bill Murray was excellent as usual.
I've been dying to see that one, actually, because I'm a huge Jim Jarmusch fan. Haven't gotten around to renting it yet.

GoGoGadget said:
I've been dying to see that one, actually, because I'm a huge Jim Jarmusch fan. Haven't gotten around to renting it yet.
I want to see more of his movies. I've seen this one and also 'Mystery Train', which was pretty good. Very witty, quirky, funny, but it did drag in parts.

RoyalDiva said:
I want to see more of his movies. I've seen this one and also 'Mystery Train', which was pretty good. Very witty, quirky, funny, but it did drag in parts.
His pace can be a bit slow, but I enjoy it. Dead Man, for example, is one of my very favorite movies, but can put me to sleep almost instantly if I'm not fully in the mood to watch it. Of his films, however, I'd suggest first looking for Down By Law -- very dark, very quirky, Jarmusch's typical slow pace, but very funny.

GoGoGadget said:
His pace can be a bit slow, but I enjoy it. Dead Man, for example, is one of my very favorite movies, but can put me to sleep almost instantly if I'm not fully in the mood to watch it. Of his films, however, I'd suggest first looking for Down By Law -- very dark, very quirky, Jarmusch's typical slow pace, but very funny.
You are so right about Dead Man! I love that movie and Neil Young's background score is hypnotic. When you are in a receptive mood, the whole experience is amazing. If not in the mood, it will put you to sleep.