Welcome Jalen Slawson

Dang I thought Colby Jones is good but this dude is even better I feel. I almost skip the highlights. Watching just the highlights...I feel Monte got two players that can make an impact on the roster...both are what you called 3D players...which is what the Kings needed.

Is there a path for this guy with the Kings? He is a great theoretical player for what we need but what is his path? He is 24 going on 25 with 5 years of college experience. Was very raw coming into the season. G League can only develop so much, he is going to need NBA minutes.

I was thinking about roster development for next year and was wondering if he could get a shot at the back up center position? He would be undersized but could serve as a Draymond Green type center who we could run our offense through when Domas is out. Move Monk to the starting unit, bring in top 20 defender to start in place of HB who moves to the bench.

Fox Delon Wright
Monk Davion
Keegan HB
Defender Lyles Sasha
Sabonis Slaw Len

I guess you never know what happens in the offseason. Hard to see a path in our crowded front court unless folks are moved. Neemy was getting solid minutes with Boston and they're the best team in the Association.
Yeh Boston is so top heavy salary wise they have to play minimum contract guys to fill out the roster though.

I really like the potential of Slaw, would love to see him find minutes next year.

Is there a path for this guy with the Kings? He is a great theoretical player for what we need but what is his path? He is 24 going on 25 with 5 years of college experience. Was very raw coming into the season. G League can only develop so much, he is going to need NBA minutes.

I was thinking about roster development for next year and was wondering if he could get a shot at the back up center position? He would be undersized but could serve as a Draymond Green type center who we could run our offense through when Domas is out. Move Monk to the starting unit, bring in top 20 defender to start in place of HB who moves to the bench.

Fox Delon Wright
Monk Davion
Keegan HB
Defender Lyles Sasha
Sabonis Slaw Len
Good news is he's pretty much doing exactly what you'd want an older player to being doing in the G-League:

13.3 PPG
8.5 RPG
4.0 APG
1.5 SPG
0.8 BPG

60.4% TS
28.6% 3 (2.9 3PA) (Oof)
18% USG
15.7% Ast
12.2 Net Rtg (damn son)

Think there would have to be a major shake-up to get him on the floor. I do love the idea of him at the 5 with Lyles; that could be a ton of fun with his passing ability.

And anyone that's actually watched him, is he a good defender?

Good news is he's pretty much doing exactly what you'd want an older player to being doing in the G-League:

13.3 PPG
8.5 RPG
4.0 APG
1.5 SPG
0.8 BPG

60.4% TS
28.6% 3 (2.9 3PA) (Oof)
18% USG
15.7% Ast
12.2 Net Rtg (damn son)

Think there would have to be a major shake-up to get him on the floor. I do love the idea of him at the 5 with Lyles; that could be a ton of fun with his passing ability.

And anyone that's actually watched him, is he a good defender?
If he can’t hit the 3 at a decent clip - I don’t see a path for him. But that’s one area where even older players can dramatically improve with reps.

If he can’t hit the 3 at a decent clip - I don’t see a path for him. But that’s one area where even older players can dramatically improve with reps.
if he can’t hit threes the only path is the back up center position imo. He was known was a defensive stud and great passer in college. If Monk was to get put in the starting lineup next year Slaw could serve as the primary facilitator running the same DHOs we run with the starting unit. Seems like Coach likes size at the backup 5 but we have to find every angle to improve next year

The odds of these types of "wings" that aren't really wings making the league is a slim. Also, we have to see what the Kings cap looks like this summer. If the Kings are close to the apron that could spell doom for a few players on the roster. Conversely if Monte is already not expecting to sign any FA's this summer so they don't hit any aprons then this type of player is probably hanging on for sure just because they're cheap.