Vivek the visionary

I wanted to give Vivek some credit. After he first bought the kings, he was talking about "positionless" basketball and NBA 2.0. He took a lot of cow paddy for that. Well, look at the NBA now! Appears his vision was prophetic.

Vivek the Visionary. Proud to have you as an owner. Great things in the future for this franchise.

Everyone mocked at him for his idea of NBA 3.0, myself included. We're all fools. I'm sure he wasn't the only one thinking about positionless basketball being the future, but I'd accredit him for that idea.

I'm wondering whether it's Jed York or Vivek Ranadive who will be "comeback owner of the year". Both of them have bounced of the bottom very nicely imo. Fingers crossed.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I'm wondering whether it's Jed York or Vivek Ranadive who will be "comeback owner of the year". Both of them have bounced of the bottom very nicely imo. Fingers crossed.
If Vivek stays the course, I'd take him over York. For one thing, Vivek was a much quicker study. It took someone almost hitting York in the head with a baseball bat for him to acknowledge what everyone in fandom already knew. That his GM needed to be fired. I won't give him any respect by mentioning his name. Two different scenario's though. York was guilty of not firing a GM that needed to be fired, and Vivek was guilty of firing everything that moved. So far, it appears that Vivek figured it out much quicker than York.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
let's remember one thing before labeling Vivek a visionary, he was in the Golden State organization and for all we know, someone fed him this "positionless" basketball talk

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
let's remember one thing before labeling Vivek a visionary, he was in the Golden State organization and for all we know, someone fed him this "positionless" basketball talk
And also his daughter's youth basketball team won because he was a total d*** and had his team play a fullcourt press all damn game

Last edited by a moderator:
I wanted to give Vivek some credit. After he first bought the kings, he was talking about "positionless" basketball and NBA 2.0. He took a lot of cow paddy for that. Well, look at the NBA now! Appears his vision was prophetic.

Vivek the Visionary. Proud to have you as an owner. Great things in the future for this franchise.
Not really visionary. He came from GSW who were already implementing it. He wanted the Kings to be GSW 2.0. I'm all in if we have a fraction of their success.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
To continue to be fair, isn't that just an unfounded rumor? I mean, Vivek has never been directly quoted saying or advocating that, right??

Just trying to separate rumor from fact.
If memory serves, Vivek addressed that rumor, saying that at a meeting he asked the question "why not cherry pick" and was given an answer of why not. I don't believe anybody has ever stated "Vivek told us to cherry pick". There's a pretty big difference between asking why not and saying do this, and best I can tell CherryPickGate was the former.