THE OFFICIAL: DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT TRADING DMC THREAD!!!

Should the Kings think about trading DMC?

• Total voters
I think it is time to make a declaration to Vivek and the F.O.

With all these crazy leaks and rumors floating around all the time, I think we need to make it clear to Vivek and the F.O. that if they were to trade DMC, they would be opening the new downtown Arena to a very empty arena.

Let's send a message loud and clear to the F.O. and to DMC, that Kings fans would not stand for any trade of DMC!

Let's take it to a POLL for the NBA 3.0.

Your thoughts and comments would help send a clearer message to Vivek and the F.O. :)

Last edited:
I'd be gone as a fan if they did so. I just can't take anymore arrogant stupidity. It's extremely hard to get talent like Cousins. Without it, you're just meaningless in the NBA. It's the way it has been for a long time.

The fact that Cousins has grown into the player he has despite the surrounding incompetence is a credit to his toughness. Many talented young players have come here and shown zero growth. Cousins went from "may end up fat eddy curry" to the best center in the league. Different coaches, teammates, owners, GMs, and styles.

This is where Vivek needs to come out and put the squash on any rumors. Their handling of PR and situations like this has been amateurish beyond all comprehension.

How did Shaq leaving Orlando work out for them? Check your history Vivek.
Not to be picky, but Orlando's record when Shaq was with them:
41-41
50-32 (made playoffs)
57-25 (reached NBA Finals)
60-22

King's record with Cousins:
24-58
22-44
28-54
28-54
(at best) 29-53

Obviously a lot more factors at play, but on record alone (and individual performance) one could reasonably argue that at this point Shaq leaving Orlando was a greater loss to them than if Cousins were to leave us. I mean ... we aren't exactly going to lose all the success we've been having or anything like that.

Hopefully though, the FO can somehow assemble a good team around Cousins and we won't have to think about any of this at all.

There is only so much that fanbase can take. If they do this, I will no longer follow the Kings. I don't have the time or the energy to invest into a frachise that does nothing but sabbotage itself for some stupid egoistic reasons.

Enough is enough! We deserve SO much better than what has been served to us in the last 10 years and especially the last 5 and yes I include Vivek's incompetence to run a basketball franchise in a respectable manner. There is no honor or respect within the 4 walls and he has created the environment as toxic as he found it. That is enormous failure that I am not interested in following. For as long as we have Cousins, we have hope but as soon as these idiots lose him or trade him, they lose.

Last edited:
K

KingMilz

There is only so much that fanbase can take. If they do this, I will no longer follow the Kings. I don't have the time or the energy to invest into a frachise that does nothing but sabbotage itself for some stupid egoistic reasons.

Enough is enough! We deserve SO much better than what has been served to us in the last 10 years and especially the last 5 and yes I include Vivek's incompetence to run a basketball franchise in a respectable manner. There is no honor or respect. Within the 4 walls and he has created the environment as toxic as he found it. That is enormous failure that I am not interested in following. For as long as we have Cousins, we have hope but as soon as these idiots lose him or trade him, they lose.
So you would not watch to even see if the team is successful, hypothetical what would you do if the team somehow (highly unlikely) say the team got a solid group of guys with nice chemistry that play like a Atlanta team? Would you follow the Kings than?

I find it strange that moving 1 excellent player (you don't even know what your getting back) would mean you would not watch a team you supposedly really like, I would understand if you were like me in regards to Andre Miller (purely a fan of a player) I watched every team he was on (and stopped when he left) other than the Kings who I try to follow regardless.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
So you would not watch to even see if the team is successful, hypothetical what would you do if the team somehow (highly unlikely) say the team got a solid group of guys with nice chemistry that play like a Atlanta team? Would you follow the Kings than?

I find it strange that moving 1 excellent player (you don't even know what your getting back) would mean you would not watch a team you supposedly really like, I would understand if you were like me in regards to Andre Miller (purely a fan of a player) I watched every team he was on (and stopped when he left) other than the Kings who I try to follow regardless.
It's really not about one move alone but rather a long string of gross incompetency backed by a middle-aged tech dweeb obsessed with "innovating" something that really doesn't have any room for innovation in the vein of what he's suggesting and also really struggles with dealing with people beyond the also-socially-awkward Silicon Valley realm. Oh and he's also a huge celebrity groupie.

And in regards to "what you're getting back", barring a trade resulting in every single one of Philly's draft picks plus an Embiid and/or Noel, pretty much every offer on the table is going to be for lesser returns.

Quite simply NO! I started following this team back in the Spud Webb days and all my dreams came trrue when my country man and my idol Vlade Divac signed for the team. Then came another country man in Peja and things were great. I stuck with the team even when a lot of the fans gave up and moved on. I hated that we lost Tyreke, that was strike 1 for me with this ownership group. Firing Malone was strike 2. Trading DeMarcus would be strike 3.

Fact is, this team is not going anywhere without him. You can bring Melo-less Nuggets or the Hawks as much as you want but simple fact of the matter is, those teams have never gone all the way and are highly unlikely to go all the way.

You see there is a blueprint on how to win it all. It's proven despite all the trends that have come and gove over the decades. You have a major piece there, a foundation, a HoF talent producing at a very high level. You build around that following the blueprint not trying to reinvent the wheel which is what these IDIOTS are trying to do. There is a saying for these FIGJAMs running this franchise into the ground and it goes along the lines of "If you try to be too smart, you outsmart yourself"!

Go with the proven blueprint and you will get there. Try to reinvent the wheel and you will forever drown in mediocrity. We were blessed to have a talent like DMC fall into our laps and we have done everything possible to pee that into the wind resulting in 5 losing seasons with him. Give this franchise to Pat Riley and he builds you a dynasty. Give it to Vivek and PDA and they turn it into a laughing stock!

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Thank you for making this thread. I have been pondering how best to express this without it sounding like too direct a threat. It is little less though.

George, you haven't earned the right to do this. Not as a King. You don't get to parachute into a franchise for one last rodeo and then dump its franchise player after 1/3 of a season because you want the franchise to be about you, rather than the established franchise. You're a tourist here until you do something a lot more special than feature Derrick Williams.

Vivek, you do this and we will crush you at the box office. CRUSH you. Your play, your one and only play is to say "Boogie is our franchise guy, end of story." Your irritant act, your fostering conflict and insecurity has you threatening to win exactly the same number of games in each of your first two seasons that the dead broke Maloofs did in their last.

Vlade, you know better.

Pete, if you have even a remote part in this...

It ever happens I am out, and I am taking absolutely every pillar and fan I can with me. A year from now on opening night you and a handful of your employees being paid to do it can sit there in your brand new empty echoing arena and watch your daughter sing to 50 people like its a junior high talent show.

Now that said...they wouldn't dare. They just wouldn't. Too many people know how good Cuz is at this point. Just to be safe this time though I'm going to throw down the gauntlet BEFORE the ridiculous happens, not wait for idiots to be idiots.

Last edited:
vivek your a ****ing dummy, an absolute idiot and a pee poor team owner whose turned a proud underperforming franchise into an absolute circus. Everything bad about this franchise lands at your feet and the abysmal business decisions you have made. The fact that our franchise center is unhappy and there are murmurings of a trade should keep you up at night.

i dont know what the **** you are doing but this is legitimately last chance saloon. If Karl cant be brought into line you need to get rid of him. Its becoming more and more evident with each day that his style of play and man management does not fit in with how this team is structured.

If the FO has people reading this forum (and I'm sure they do), I'd rather that they see this thread. At the very least, they won't be able to claim that, "it's what the fans want".

Hell no it isn't.
The mass majority of fans who pay for tickets do not come to this forum and probably don't even know it exists. They don't understand the game as well as a lot of posters here do. So I'm not sure if the Kings FO looks at this forum as "what the fans want." While it may be the prudent thing to do in not even entertaining a trade for Cousins, my gut feeling tells me there are a lot of casual fans who wouldn't mind because they get sick of watching DMC's attitude out on the court. I hear that all the time from casual fans of the Kings.

Like somebody mentioned a few posts back, if somehow the Kings netted 3-4 solid players and we suddenly became the Atlanta Hawks, people are going to buy tickets and pack the arena. Or would they rather have one of the best statistical centers in the game leading the team to 28 wins each year?

J

jdbraver

I don't think they should trade Cuz. I frankly would want to leave if I were him. This FO must do more to squash rumors not escalate them. That was one of their errors earlier this year.

J

jdbraver

The mass majority of fans who pay for tickets do not come to this forum and probably don't even know it exists. They don't understand the game as well as a lot of posters here do. So I'm not sure if the Kings FO looks at this forum as "what the fans want." While it may be the prudent thing to do in not even entertaining a trade for Cousins, my gut feeling tells me there are a lot of casual fans who wouldn't mind because they get sick of watching DMC's attitude out on the court. I hear that all the time from casual fans of the Kings.

Like somebody mentioned a few posts back, if somehow the Kings netted 3-4 solid players and we suddenly became the Atlanta Hawks, people are going to buy tickets and pack the arena. Or would they rather have one of the best statistical centers in the game leading the team to 28 wins each year?
Yes, winning cures everything. But winning usually doesn't include trading the best player you have had in 10 years for solid vets. U better get another allstar back.

dude12

Hall of Famer
If I'm the Kings I'd keep building around Cousins and give him surrounding players that they can win with. The new regime hasn't finished what they started yet so don't stop building now. They added Gay and Collison now build on that and take a crack at winning.

The last straw would be Cousins being traded. Without a doubt I would be leaving as well, and it seems so would a lot of you. As fans, especially those of you that pay, we deserve better. Your HOF talent is already here, why would you even consider trading Cousins? The only hope is Vlade, who understands what having a great big man does for a team. Talk some sense into these folks!

There should be an NBA law that prevents owners interfering with GM related duties. Not that it would help us because we have a backstabbing weasel running the show, one that's incapable of playing things close to the vest and insults everyone around him, as well as being single handedly at fault for ruining this season.

The circus continues.

gunks

Hall of Famer
I don't really have anything to say here that I haven't said in other threads...

...but yeah, obviously I'm going to cosign.

They trade Cousins, consider my fandom trade filler.

One of the things that will urinate me off is if the Kings ever become successful, that Vivek attributes that to his being a "chief irritant".

No, Vivek, it isn't because of your being "chief irritant", but despite that.

One of the things that will urinate me off is if the Kings ever become successful, that Vivek attributes that to his being a "chief irritant".

No, Vivek, it isn't because of your being "chief irritant", but despite that.
All failures are someone else's fault, and all successes are due to Vivek's genius.

It's Silicon Valley 101. And no, it doesn't remotely matter what is real or not.

This is a guy who touts signing Boogie as some sort of amazing accomplishment.

Now, if they'd signed boogie at a discount like the Warriors did with Curry, then he could talk. But maxing Boogie? Not the work of a genius.

All failures are someone else's fault, and all successes are due to Vivek's genius.

It's Silicon Valley 101. And no, it doesn't remotely matter what is real or not.

This is a guy who touts signing Boogie as some sort of amazing accomplishment.

Now, if they'd signed boogie at a discount like the Warriors did with Curry, then he could talk. But maxing Boogie? Not the work of a genius.
Maybe Vivek became friends with smart people.

The best thing that Vivek and the F.O. can do at this point is this:

At the end of the year statement or press conference, Vlade (the new Head of Operations) gives an overview of this year and what to expect in the off season as follows:

Vlade: "I know we had a disappointing season, especially after how well the year started. We know that the fans and players are frustrated, as they very well should be. The great fans of the Kings deserve better.

But, we have the building blocks for a bright future. DMC is our franchise player and he is UNTOUCHABLE. We will build around DMC and Coach George Karl and we will do our very best to bring in the best players and assistant coaches to bring a winning product to the people and fans of the Sacramento Kings."

With these simple words and to follow through on those words, the Kings and the F.O. can give themselves the luxury of the fans love and patience. Anything else, the fans would be on edge and jump down their throats for every small move.

Just assure us that you recognize that the NBA is a players league and you win with "franchise" talent and not technology driven decisions, and do accordingly and you will be okay. Acknowledge that you have that once in a generation talent in DMC and he is UNTOUCHABLE. Please do this soon, otherwise, all bets are off.

A public proclamation by Vlade or Vivek isn't going to be enough for DMC's agents, who have his ear and some sway over his conduct and team he signs with in 3 years. DMC is starting to have a Karl issue, and DMC's agent has had issues with Karl.

We need to side with DMC in a way where Karl gets his hand slapped in a story that is leaked (that may be hard, because that never happen here). IMP, every day going forward after May without a story in the Bee that DMC won the power struggle between DMC and Karl and Karl got his hand slapped in some vague way is bad for the odds that DMC is here long term and/or the team doesn't consider doing something stupid sooner.

If after all these years of complete bullpoopoo. They trade the best player they ever drafted because of ignorance, short sightedness and sheer incompetentce. This die hard since Spud said to the Rock "Welcome to hell" is out.
uhm, not a shocker they're buffoons. they did get greivis for reke and a trade exception for mini pizza guy. drafted 2 shooting guards back to back. not the brightest minds there. teams like san antonio/okc wouldn't let young talent bleed for nothing in return. but alas, we are the 20 steps ahead kings. sigh

The last straw would be Cousins being traded. Without a doubt I would be leaving as well, and it seems so would a lot of you. As fans, especially those of you that pay, we deserve better. Your HOF talent is already here, why would you even consider trading Cousins? The only hope is Vlade, who understands what having a great big man does for a team. Talk some sense into these folks!

There should be an NBA law that prevents owners interfering with GM related duties. Not that it would help us because we have a backstabbing weasel running the show, one that's incapable of playing things close to the vest and insults everyone around him, as well as being single handedly at fault for ruining this season.

The circus continues.
who's the one w/ loose lips?

vivek your a ****ing dummy, an absolute idiot and a pee poor team owner whose turned a proud underperforming franchise into an absolute circus. Everything bad about this franchise lands at your feet and the abysmal business decisions you have made. The fact that our franchise center is unhappy and there are murmurings of a trade should keep you up at night.

i dont know what the **** you are doing but this is legitimately last chance saloon. If Karl cant be brought into line you need to get rid of him. Its becoming more and more evident with each day that his style of play and man management does not fit in with how this team is structured.
u think vivek cares? he got his future HOF center sim and indian fanbase 3.0 waiting in the wings !!

i'll gladly co-sign a petition of "HELL NO!!" to all suggestions of trading demarcus cousins. and i'll join those who express that, if demarcus cousins is traded, i'm likely out as a kings fan for the foreseeable future. it's been too hard watching this team fail with cousins on board for the last four seasons, much less imagine the next four without him. this life-long kings fan doesn't have the stomach for any more futility. i'm not interested in watching another cycle of perpetual player movement, coaching upheaval, and botched draft picks. how many more poems could i be writing if i spent less time at kf.com? i'm here for the love of this team, for the love of demarcus cousins, and for the love of my fellow kings fans. but that loyalty has its limits, as i'm sure demarcus' unflinching loyalty is likewise being slowly crushed under the weight of so much mismanagement...

hypothetically speaking, if this dysfunctional front office managed to net a genuine superstar in return for demarcus, i might consider sticking around. unfortunately, it's an absolute rarity to see nba teams swap superstars. the best that the kings would likely receive in return for demarcus is the hope of a future superstar via youth/draft picks. and after watching the kings sell low on tyreke evans and isaiah thomas, and after watching the kings whiff on jimmer fredette and thomas robinson, with the possibility of throwing ben mclemore and nik stauskas on top of that pile, i'm just so so SO SO tired of hoping for lottery picks to pan out, not when demarcus cousins is already here. he has endlessly reiterated his loyalty to the sacramento kings, with no prompting whatsoever, despite this franchise's utter incompetence, first under a broke maloof regime, and once again under a green vivek regime. if he's sent packing, i'll gladly follow him outta town. i'd love to watch him compete for the playoffs, and for a worthy franchise, even if that franchise isn't the kings...

i truly have a hard time believing that the kings would even entertain offers for cousins, but if they do decide to voluntarily trade him without the pressure of a demand from demarcus' camp, well... good luck with that big, shiny, empty new arena you're building downtown...