Sim Bhullar

If he avoids 4th street in Reno and puts in the hard work the big fella should be a good addition to play some limited mins down the road. Intriguing pick up to say the least.

Apparently he's been working his butt off in Vegas, reportedly losing up to 20 pounds. If he can get anywhere close to NBA-level conditioning he'd be worth a shot as a backup. He's so tall and has such long arms that his hands literally go several inches above the rim without even jumping. And he actually put up decent numbers at New Mexico State: 10 points, 8 rebounds, 3 blocks in about 20 minutes per game.

As an Indian myself, I approve of this acquisition...Now, I don't expect the dude to make it past the Summer League and/or Training Camp roster(s), but it's still cool that my beloved Kings have decided to sign a fellow Indian dude....

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
I don't care how raw the guy is, unless he just can't do squat on the court, at 7'5" and undrafted you gotta at least give the guy a shot at the D League and see what happens.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Highlights, such as they are:

7'5" 360lbs. hilarious stat in there -- rim is 10 feet off the ground, Sim's standing reach is 9'9"? Brings new meaning to tippy toe dunk. Measurements about the same as Pavel Podkoizine.

the basketball looks like he's holding a cabbage in his hands :p

Last edited:
He seems actually BETTER than I expected. His lack of mobility seems to be a huge weakness. How a 360 pounder can get up and down the court will be interesting. He looks like a kid playing basketball with a crumpled up paper and a garbage can, though. hahahaha

Highlights, such as they are:

7'5" 360lbs. hilarious stat in there -- rim is 10 feet off the ground, Sim's standing reach is 9'9"? Brings new meaning to tippy toe dunk. Measurements about the same as Pavel Podkoizine.

the basketball looks like he's holding a cabbage in his hands :p

And yet he can still hardly dunk. :D

I want them to bring Gray back and I'll be seriously disappointed if we don't see a lineup with Gray and Bhullar in there together at some point.

I think he can and should make the team just from a PR standpoint. The fact is that the guy can indeed play so I can see him making the roster, why not. Just in terms of practice he'd be valuable for guys to go at defensively.

Bricklayer

I think he can and should make the team just from a PR standpoint. The fact is that the guy can indeed play so I can see him making the roster, why not. Just in terms of practice he'd be valuable for guys to go at defensively.
Was thinking that with Cuz too. Work on getting around something of that size helps make Marc Gasol look like IT in comparison.

Although he is Indian, he is Sikh. Now if you don't know who Sikhs are, I encourage you to research about Sikhs. The Sikhs come from a Northern India Region called the Punjab. This is a huge step for the Sikh Community. I hope for the best for Sim Bhullar, but I also know that he needs to slim down and needs to move a little quicker such as in terms of running.

He's a good signing for summer league. Unlikely he makes the final roster but he has size and isn't unskilled. His issues are his weight which makes it difficult to play him in an NBA game. But give him a shot and maybe he plays for Reno while he works on conditioning.

Bricklayer

Although he is Indian, he is Sikh. Now if you don't know who Sikhs are, I encourage you to research about Sikhs. The Sikhs come from a Northern India Region called the Punjab. This is a huge step for the Sikh Community. I hope for the best for Sim Bhullar, but I also know that he needs to slim down and needs to move a little quicker such as in terms of running.

Actually he's Canadian. :)

Always bothers me when people move to a new country, have children and the children are supposed to be part of the old country which they did not grow up in. But yes, gathered from the father's head gear they were Sikhs.