Sacramento - MLS

Discussion in 'General' started by Sac.1989, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Sac.1989

Sac.1989 Well-Known Member

December 13 we should have another major league professional franchise to follow for those with ties/roots to the Sac area.

Its between us Cincinnati and Nashville for 2 spots in the MLS. Cant wait ! our boys are ready and our fans are the best in the nation !

https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/ne...-t-come-from-sacramento-cincinnati-nashville/

should we be chosen, we have an agreement with UC Davis Health to be our primary sponsor.

http://www.espnfc.com/sacramento-re...c-names-jersey-sponsor-for-potential-mls-spot
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  2. LoungeLizard

LoungeLizard Well-Known Member

How do expansion franchises work in the MLS? Is there an expansion draft like other major leagues? How do they fill out the thecrest of the roster?
    eMBarkat10n and Sac.1989 like this.
  3. eMBarkat10n

eMBarkat10n Active Member

LoungeLizard likes this.
  4. Sac.1989

Sac.1989 Well-Known Member

yeah expansion draft i believe.

https://www.sportingkc.com/post/201...ails-announced-lafc-prepares-inaugural-season
    LoungeLizard likes this.
  5. Meg Whitman, the CEO of Hewlett Packard Enterprise Co., joined the bid of Sacramento, California, for a Major League Soccer franchise on Wednesday as the four finalists made presentations to the league's expansion committee. Sacramento and Nashville, Tennessee, are considered the favorites to be awarded teams next month. Cincinnati and Detroit also are bidding.

Continue reading...
  6. eMBarkat10n

I am so excited for this to (potentially) happen!!!! This is another one of those things that, no matter where in the freaking world I am at that time, I will not miss opening night/day. That will be something special.
  7. fansinceday1

fansinceday1 Well-Known Member

I drive by the construction site everyday. They have been moving dirt out of the site for the past 2 weeks. Tons of vehicles moving on and off the site everyday. I hope thats a sign that this is a done deal.
  8. New Era

New Era Well-Known Member

When will the announcement be made?
    eMBarkat10n likes this.
  9. eMBarkat10n

Based on what's been thrown out there...within the next 18 days. :):cool::D
    New Era likes this.
  10. fansinceday1

fansinceday1 Well-Known Member

Ive had my republic season tix since they got here. So amped for this new era to get underway!
    eMBarkat10n likes this.
  11. pdxKingsFan

pdxKingsFan Well-Known Member

Timbers vs Republic should be a regular away day for me. Looking forward to a good friendly rivalry with the TBB folks.

Don't f this up Garber.
  12. Kings Faithful

Kings Faithful Well-Known Member

With only one Major League Sports team in the area, the Sacramento Market is ripe for a second, especially for a growing league like the MLS. I don't see how we aren't chosen.
  13. pdxKingsFan

pdxKingsFan Well-Known Member

My honest opinion is Sacramento has proven that they deserve it. My opinion on MLS is that they are driven in all kinds of other directions and I wouldn't put it past them to go to Cincinnati and Detroit.
  14. eMBarkat10n

I will be adding MLS tickets to my list of "Season Tickets to purchase once I move back to the Sacramento area". I've already added Kings tickets to that list. And I am seriously considering adding Sharks (hockey) tickets as well. Life's goals. We shall see. :)