Rondo

Chris Mannix tweeted

"Word around the league is that Boston has been making some initial calls on Rondo, not the other way. Team to keep an eye on: Sacramento"

Any thoughts Sac fans?

Why? We have Collison now. Rondo is shooting the worst he ever has and we still don't have the shooters to surround him with. If we didn't have Collison I'd say do it. Also, what would we have to trade for him?

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
I'm wary of a Rondo trade because we can't trade a first round pick so that means trading players and Ainge almost certainly overvalues what half a season of Rondo is worth. Collison has done a fine job but Vivek and PDA have already shown us their expectations are much higher than that. He's also thrived as a backup PG in the past and has a team friendly deal.

Bye Ben it was nice knowing you when he becomes a star in Boston I'll be beyond pissed. Look how much he improved in 1 off season this kid will keep improving.

Honestly, fudge Boston. You had the opportunity last year when we probably would've given up McLemore AND our 1st round pick.. but you blew it...
Rondo has shot terribly this year. I do not want him at he expense of any of our key players. Especially not McLemore.

I want PDA to go ... so you might be able to talk me into PDA trading any future asset for Rondo only to see Rondo leave for the Knicks or Lakers on July 1.

Maybe im the crazy one here but ill just say that if you can get Cousins, Gay AND Rondo on the same team...

do it! Dudes literally a triple double threat every night and can find people for open shots better than anyone else in the league! You would have 3 all-stars on one team for the first time since Webber, Peja and Divac.

My only concern and it is quite a big one is shooting, specifically 3 pt shooting which we are already terrible at.

If you can do this trade without giving up DMC, Gay, or Ben

DO IT!

I'm fine with selling high on BMac and rolling the dice for Rondo. Need something to wash out the taste of the coach firing. Wonder if they would do BMac straight up for Rondo (don't think we should offer more unless it is a re-signed Rondo)

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
if Rudy and DeMarcus couldn't convince him to resign then a trade would be all for not...better off just rolling with Collison and keep adding shooting and a bench might be a good start.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
I'm fine with selling high on BMac and rolling the dice for Rondo. Need something to wash out the taste of the coach firing. Wonder if they would do BMac straight up for Rondo (don't think we should offer more unless it is a re-signed Rondo)
It's only selling high on McLemore if you believe this is the best he's ever going to play. Considering where he was last season, where he is now, and how old he is -- that seems like a sucker's bet to me. I think it'd be a massive undersell on our part to unload him now.

Before this season i would have traded Ben for Rondo..even with no assurances he would resign. But after watching Ben's progression coupled with his age and that DC is playing pretty well at PG...I just don't think i would do it. If we were assured that Rondo would stay here long terms i may be for it...just tough to give up on a young player who has shown great improvement between year 1 and 2.

Rondo would only work a part of his magic without a guy who can pick&pop. If we trade for Rondo, we should try to get Bass too. And i wouldn't trade Ben for a potential rental. If it's Stauskas i would take the risk.

we'll trade our future for now and bring rondo in for a rental.

we'll get smith also and have corbin attempt to keep it all together.

id have faith if Malone was here in maybe having a small chance at keeping rondo but it wont happen and i actually think all the personalities would ruin us as oppoosed to get us into the playoffs

You guys don't think Rondo might re-up if it was Rondo/SG/Gay/Smith/Cousins? I could see those four guys anchoring a string of deep runs and playing both fast and hard-nosed. I agree not trading unless we have pretty good sense that Rondo re-ups, and I also think Pete would like to make it a three team deal so we get both pieces at once (Rondo and Smith)

Team isn't trading McLemore, so I don't think the team has the pieces to go after both Smith and Rondo. They may pick one. However, Boston will want more than what the Kings can give. Unfortunately, the Casspi/Hickson trade continues to be the vice choking off all Kings moves.

dude12

Hall of Famer
You guys don't think Rondo might re-up if it was Rondo/SG/Gay/Smith/Cousins? I could see those four guys anchoring a string of deep runs and playing both fast and hard-nosed. I agree not trading unless we have pretty good sense that Rondo re-ups, and I also think Pete would like to make it a three team deal so we get both pieces at once (Rondo and Smith)
That team would shoot the 3 worse than what we can do now.

K

KingMilz

Rondo has not done crap to help the Boston Celtics win anything since the departure of KG/PP/Ray Allen, honestly whenever I watch them you can't even tell they are all that much better with him on the floor and the only guy who seems to benefit playing with Rondo is Tyler Zeller who is a mobile big with good instincts of rolling to the rim (something no one on this team has). I don't think Rondo is the PG for this team. I rather keep Collison at this point and Rondo will demand big money I just don't know if he's worth it.

If we need a PG get a back up and for the love of good GET THE 3RD BIG WHO CAN BLOCK SHOTS, we are fine with Collison as the starting point for the next 2-3 years.

Rondo has not done poopoo to help the Boston Celtics win anything since the departure of KG/PP/Ray Allen, honestly whenever I watch them you can't even tell they are all that much better with him on the floor and the only guy who seems to benefit playing with Rondo is Tyler Zeller who is a mobile big with good instincts of rolling to the rim (something no one on this team has). I don't think Rondo is the PG for this team. I rather keep Collison at this point and Rondo will demand big money I just don't know if he's worth it.

If we need a PG get a back up and for the love of good GET THE 3RD BIG WHO CAN BLOCK SHOTS, we are fine with Collison as the starting point for the next 2-3 years.
Splashy moves man that's what it's about. Rondo isn't worth Ben even if you get smith do people not understand how bad the shooting would be.

K

KingMilz

Also If Kings fans think Rudy has been awful down the stretch in 4th quarters this year than you have not watched Rondo when the game has been in the balance in the 4th.

I don't see Ray Allen, Paul Pierce or Kevin Garnett on the Kings roster. Those three are future Hall of Famers. Rondo was great WITH those three, not so much without them.

Still I might take him off of Ainge's hands if he will take bench players.

Celtic fans are delusional... they all want a 1st rounder and Ben...despite that it's a one year rental. Someone even said that they wouldn't even take Steve Nash(1yr)+Julius Randle+2018 1st round pick.

I remember when they tried to pawn Brandon Bass, Jared Sullinger, and Fab Melo for DeMarcus Cousins.. Even their biased local newspapers suggested those trades. They were an insult.. they still are.....

K

KingMilz

Celtic fans are delusional... they all want a 1st rounder and Ben...despite that it's a one year rental. Someone even said that they wouldn't even take Steve Nash(1yr)+Julius Randle+2018 1st round pick.

I remember when they tried to pawn Brandon Bass, Jared Sullinger, and Fab Melo for DeMarcus Cousins.. Even their biased local newspapers suggested those trades. They were an insult.. they still are.....
There were a number of Celtics fans at the time that thought, they were giving up way to much lol