Rondo suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should have suspended him quicker if he said the sexual orientation slur he is presumed to have said, combined with the Manson stare. Waiting a few games to do it wasn't necessary. But it isn't that surprising that he got a game for that.

I'd like to be at the next game that guy ref's in Sacramento though. He's gonna get blistered by the fans

Just a reminder that Teague got a fine for literally punching Bjelica in the face. No call on the floor. League reviewed it and gave him a flagrant 1. No suspension.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Did Jason Kidd even get suspended for slapping at the ref? I know Budenholzer wasn't disciplined for making physical contact with a ref earlier this season. The NBA's discipline system is so bizarre and inconsistent; it seems like it's mostly based on if you're liked or not.
Kidd never slapped the ref. He slapped the ball out of the refs hands....that does not warrant a suspension though. Rondo went after Kennedy and furiously...I don't see how Kings fans can justify that. It's just that it happened a little late but not surprising to say the least.

Kennedy had a major hard on for Rondo during that exchange. He basically booted Rondo for LOOKING at him and it was all a pissing match. One that Kennedy used his ultimate power to win in the moment and one it took a WEEK for Kennedy to convince his cronies that he had a case. Sadly, that case was based on the fact that Rondo "failed to leave the court in a timely manner" and may have used foul language (AFTER getting booted for no fing reason, other than Kennedy's pride or something)
My question is, what is KENNEDY'S punishment? He was more at fault, he had no basis to issue that second T. (He's LOOKING at me Mommy!!!)

They should have suspended him quicker if he said the sexual orientation slur he is presumed to have said
If he did that, then I have no issue with it, other than the fact that the league has only said "derogatory language". I mean if you're gonna have a zero tolerance policy violators should be made examples of, even if they're on my team.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
If he did that, then I have no issue with it, other than the fact that the league has only said "derogatory language". I mean if you're gonna have a zero tolerance policy violators should be made examples of, even if they're on my team.
I also think the punishment should be consistent. What did Kobe get for a similar utterance? A $100,000 fine.

Should've suspended him on the GS game coming up. Oh well, I hope the kings beat the rockets so that it won't be an issue in the W/L column.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Kidd never slapped the ref. He slapped the ball out of the refs hands....that does not warrant a suspension though. Rondo went after Kennedy and furiously...I don't see how Kings fans can justify that. It's just that it happened a little late but not surprising to say the least.
Went after Kennedy furiously? As in tried to attack him? I must have been watching a different game.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
as in emotionally furious...he wanted to speak his mind and it looked like he got his point across by getting right in his face.
He's not being suspended for going after the official, which would be a much stiffer penalty. He's being suspended for using a derogatory term and not leaving the court in a timely manner after he was ejected.

NBA official release:

NEW YORK — Sacramento Kings guard Rajon Rondo has been suspended one game without pay for directing a derogatory and offensive term towards a game official and not leaving the court in a timely manner upon his ejection, it was announced today by Kiki VanDeWeghe, Executive Vice President, Basketball Operations.

The incident, for which Rondo was assessed two technical fouls and ejected, occurred with 6:30 remaining in the third quarter of Sacramento's 114-97 loss to the Boston Celtics on Thursday, Dec. 3 at Mexico City Arena in Mexico City.

Link----> http://www.nba.com/2015/news/12/11/kings-rajon-rondo-suspended-one-game/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpts

This decision sucks, Rondo was already ejected.

Went after him furiously? Seriously dude? Exaggerate much?

Also I looked it up and Kidd was suspended for making contact with the ref, so you're wrong there too.

I also think the punishment should be consistent. What did Kobe get for a similar utterance? A $100,000 fine.
NBA came under huge scrutiny for that because the NHL suspended a player the same week/month. Which again, make it a policy, state what the unacceptable language is, take an actual stance if you're gonna do it. If Rondo said it, I'm disappointed. Won't defend it. Will applaud the NBA if they actually say this is a red line we won't cross. Other leagues are doing it. NBA has no excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.