Potential Free agent/trade/sign tracker

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
But why are they selective? Ideally you do both at the same time. Get a better option AND develop a replacement if you can.
Because I am not sure there is a realistic better option there are different options, some of which are very expensive and may be guys we want to get off just as quickly. I guess the idea is you have HB mentor that replacement because the team really likes HB beyond his obvious contributions. I'm worried we'd get in a position where we'd move 3 or more players for one guy who we still complain about and eats a ton of space.

Holmes is a cautionary tale but I don’t think an energy big and a wing who can shoot as well as HB does are comparable. Two of Monk, Barnes and KVon will likely not be back next year. Or at the very least gone by the deadline. If Monk leaves, you will likely need either of those remaining players for bench scoring punch. Don’t know who that will be yet
A cautionary tale anyone with a sense of context could see coming. They are (a wing compared to a big) when their role is diminished in the same way. Twice the price, twice the payoff and expectation. If Monte can move off of Huerter fine, keep Barnes but if not, no way. Preferably both are gone at this point.

A cautionary tale anyone with a sense of context could see coming. They are (a wing compared to a big) when their role is diminished in the same way. Twice the price, twice the payoff and expectation. If Monte can move off of Huerter fine, keep Barnes but if not, no way. Preferably both are gone at this point.
Both KVon and Barnes are assets either for their play or their contracts. We aren’t close to the luxury if Monk leaves. Both are short term contracts. Monte will trade them if he can get what he wants back. If Siakam didn’t want a max he would be a King right now, Amick said as much.

I’m willing to trade HB, KVon or both but it just depends on what is out there. If it’s mostly lateral moves available I’d rather either pick at 13 or if there is like say a Dean Wade type player available who shoots well and is a stud defensively maybe you could use #13 and depth salary pieces like Duarte, Sasha etc to make a deal. Then use the midlevel on a short term back up point guard.

Fox Delon Wright Colby
Keon KVon
Keegan HB
Upgrade Lyles
Sabonis Len

I’d give Keegan one year to prove where he is in the pecking order. If we don’t have the year we want, now you have 2 expiring contracts (KVon HB) and first round picks ‘25 either outright or select and trade, ‘28, ‘30 and ‘32 if needed. Big swing trade if that’s what is needed.

Anyone know what the deal is with the new CBA and midlevel exceptions? Deuce just said something like they could be rollled into a trade? Does he mean used as salary matching? Bringing in a player via trade without sending salary out?

I was looking into some “trade back” scenarios and was wondering if these two ideas might make some sense…

TRADE #1
Jonathan Isaac

for

Kevin Huerter

TRADE #2
Deni Avdija

for

Kevin Huerter

Both trades upgrade our PF spot but still leave us an opportunity to draft someone like Chomche, Klintman, Da Silva, etc with our 1st.

I’m not too sure if WAS would be willing to move Avdija (let alone add a late 1st to him) but for a team that is in desperate need of some top end talent, they might interested in another lottery pick to give them two swings at finding a star level talent. Avdija is also locked up for the next 4 years on a declining contract that pays an average of $13.75 mil per year. He’d only be making $11.875 mil in the final year of his contract. :oops:

EDIT: And Avdija scored 43 points against the Pelicans this year ;)

Last edited:

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was looking into some “trade back” scenarios and was wondering if these two ideas might make some sense…

TRADE #1
Jonathan Isaac

for

Kevin Huerter

TRADE #2
Deni Avdija

for

Kevin Huerter

Both trades upgrade our PF spot but still leave us an opportunity to draft someone like Chomche, Klintman, Da Silva, etc with our 1st.

I’m not too sure if WAS would be willing to move Avdija (let alone add a late 1st to him) but for a team that is in desperate need of some top end talent, they might interested in another lottery pick to give them two swings at finding a star level talent. Avdija is also locked up for the next 4 years on a declining contract that pays an average of $13.75 mil per year. He’d only be making $11.875 mil in the final year of his contract. :oops:

I'd do either deal in a heartbeat. I don't know if the Magic or the Wizards would. While the results haven't been good, Orlando just started Isaac in their two playoff games against the Cavs.

Avdija is more of a mystery. The current Wizards front office/coaching staff have no ties to him (I don't believe) and as bad as this team has been I'm guessing Coulibaly and whoever they draft this year are the only pieces they really care about moving forward.

This is a tough year for a trade back because the draft is weak. I'm not sure there's much of a talent gap in terms of who will be available at #13 and #18. The move from 26 to 13 has a bit more value as I think the 1st round thins out in the early 20s, just based on who I like most.

TRADE #1
Jonathan Isaac

for

Kevin Huerter

TRADE #2
Deni Avdija

for

Kevin Huerter

only for that we have to offer him the largest possible contract and take him :D:D:D

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I'd do either deal in a heartbeat. I don't know if the Magic or the Wizards would. While the results haven't been good, Orlando just started Isaac in their two playoff games against the Cavs.

Avdija is more of a mystery. The current Wizards front office/coaching staff have no ties to him (I don't believe) and as bad as this team has been I'm guessing Coulibaly and whoever they draft this year are the only pieces they really care about moving forward.

This is a tough year for a trade back because the draft is weak. I'm not sure there's much of a talent gap in terms of who will be available at #13 and #18. The move from 26 to 13 has a bit more value as I think the 1st round thins out in the early 20s, just based on who I like most.
I'll be honest most of what I know of Avdija comes from NBA 2k but I think I would do this. Who knows what WAS is doing.

I’d be willing to go even further and give up #13 and the likely valuable second rounder from Portland we have next year for Deni. I don’t know how Washington sees him either but if they intend to keep Kuzma for a couple more years, maybe they are willing to extract value out of an extra forward. That could end up being one of the best value contracts in the league if he just repeats last year’s performance.

Deni Avdija would be a massive improvement over Harrison Barnes at PF. Massive. I would do that deal. Send out Barnes + Kings pick.

Then, I think there is a potential opportunity that can come from trading Murray to the Rockets. I use the term opportunity because I think the Kings could get an equivalent player to Murray back in this deal, while still also getting a whole lot more back in return.

Keegan Murray to the Rockets, for Cam Whitmore + 2024 and 2026 Nets picks (i.e., the whole lot more).

Fox, Ellis, Whitmore, Avdija, Sabonis.
+ Davion, Monk, Huerter, Edwards, Lyles, New Center (who?), Len.
+ 2024 and 2026 Nets picks.

If Whitmore doesn't fit the bill, the Kings can turn him around along with those 2 Nets picks to get someone who does fit the bill.

TRADE #1
Jonathan Isaac

for

Kevin Huerter

TRADE #2
Deni Avdija

for

Kevin Huerter

Great suggestions to improve our needs.
I think this draft has more potential than most, and would also like to see Huerter gone more than most.