Portland Situation - Rahim or Randolph

Since the Blazers have no intention to trade Rahim it looks like they'll have 2 pretty good players at the PF (i know Rahim is a tweener, but he says he refuses to play the 3) Who is the better player between the two? discus:

Randolf no question. Rahim has some talent, but Randolf looks like he (if he stays in shape) is going to be a legitimate star in this league.

when these two players were starters they actually put up similar numbers
20pt, 10reb, 2ast, almost 1 stl, half a block, and 48% shooting.

Randolph is stronger than Reef. His rebounding is pretty strong, but his defense is kinda lacking.

Reef is a better overall shooter, he has 3pt range and a FT shooter.

The Blazer have 2 pretty good PFs. Reef has been an Allstar. Right now I'd take him over Randolph.

one thing have to be think about is:

Randolph is 5 yrs younger than Rahim..........but that could mean different things.......u can definitely say Randolph will have more room to improve......but younger can also mean TROUBLE............

The Blazers were super high :)D ) on Randolph, calling him the future of the franchise, etc. However, his rash of stupid mistakes (pot, the night-club thingy)seem to have them souring on him quite a bit. He is pretty often rumoured as involved in deals now. (one for Michael Redd, recently) I think the Blazers, at this point, may prefer Rahim's more upright actions, given the situation with trying to win back some of the more disenchanted of their fan base.
Randolph could be a monster, but he needs to keep his head on straight. Probably hanging with Stoudamire isn't the best enviornment for him;)

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I'd take Abdur-Rahim. Neither of them impress me very much, but I find Abdur-Rahim to be less unimpressive, if that makes any sense...

Kingsgurl said:
The Blazers were super high :)D ) on Randolph, calling him the future of the franchise, etc. However, his rash of stupid mistakes (pot, the night-club thingy)seem to have them souring on him quite a bit. He is pretty often rumoured as involved in deals now. (one for Michael Redd, recently) I think the Blazers, at this point, may prefer Rahim's more upright actions, given the situation with trying to win back some of the more disenchanted of their fan base.
Randolph could be a monster, but he needs to keep his head on straight. Probably hanging with Stoudamire isn't the best enviornment for him;)
Maybe hanging around Portland just isn't the best enviornment for up-and-comers in NBA..............
but what do I know.........I've never been to Portland myself........(so don't flame me.....haha;) )