Old school Kings - 25 years ago now!

I just realized it was 25 years ago when the Sac Kings broke through & made the playoffs for the first time! Wow. Such fond memories of that great time and excitement. Kings fever was so hot! The city pretty much closed down and there were fans at freeway overpasses with Kings banner. I wanted to attend the games sooooo badly, but couldn't get or afford such a hot ticket game. I was mad at the fans on the Graffiti Board who wouldn't stop bragging about their tickets.
JWill, CWebb, Vlade, Peja, and the rest all tearing it up out there on the court!

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
I just realized it was 25 years ago when the Sac Kings broke through & made the playoffs for the first time! Wow. Such fond memories of that great time and excitement. Kings fever was so hot! The city pretty much closed down and there were fans at freeway overpasses with Kings banner. I wanted to attend the games sooooo badly, but couldn't get or afford such a hot ticket game. I was mad at the fans on the Graffiti Board who wouldn't stop bragging about their tickets.
JWill, CWebb, Vlade, Peja, and the rest all tearing it up out there on the court!
25 yrs = Silver anniversary.
Adam Silver is the commissioner.
Coincidence?
I think not!

Kings made the playoff first year in Sacramento (1985-86) - 38 years ago. Saw many games at the original "old barn" and then couple years later at the new Arco Arena. Reggie Theus, LaSalle Thompson, Eddie Johnson, Otis Thorpe, Mike Woodson, Larry Drew among others of note. City was going gaga over their Kings and sold out every home game with amazing sell out streak lasting many years thereafter. The death of top draft pick and rising star Ricky Berry big downer summer 1989 took awhile for the Kings and fans to recover from.

Kings made the playoff first year in Sacramento (1985-86) - 38 years ago. Saw many games at the original "old barn" and then couple years later at the new Arco Arena. Reggie Theus, LaSalle Thompson, Eddie Johnson, Otis Thorpe, Mike Woodson, Larry Drew among others of note. City was going gaga over their Kings and sold out every home game with amazing sell out streak lasting many years thereafter. The death of top draft pick and rising star Ricky Berry big downer summer 1989 took awhile for the Kings and fans to recover from.
I remember when Ricky died. I didn't follow the Kings then, but Ricky spoke at my high school a few times. It was a terrible, sad shock when he committed suicide