Offical Quincy Acy 2014/2015 Dunk Thread

K

KingMilz

I figure since I'm going to try watch most of the Knicks (cause of Acy) games this year I can give a mini recap of his performances when I actually watch the games

Preseason Game 1 vs Boston 9/9/14

Stat Line 5 points (1-6), 5 board, 1 steal, 1 block in 19mins of play
Rough game for Acy and the Knicks, got into foul trouble right away some his fault some just helping/stopping easy buckets from occurring, his jumper from the SL seemed to have deserted him he was roughly 0-4 from deep range, had a couple nice deflection's on pick n roll's one resulting in the most savage/ugly (in typical Acy fashion) euro step I have ever seen for a and1 bucket. Had another good aggressive move where he went up in traffic without any run up with 3 people trying to block his shot for a near dunk resulting in a foul. Played ok D but yeah rough start for him and the Knicks.

Preseason Game 2 vs Boston 11 Oct 2014

Stat Line: 9 points (4/6), 4 boards, 1 steal, 1 assist in 27 mins of play
Got a surprise start with a injury to Bargs and played really solid as his +/- of +20 probably indicated. Started the game with a missed 3 pointer, than followed that up with a sweet 1 hand putback of a Melo miss, also got another left hand 1 hand jam in a fast-break opportunity off a nice feed from Melo this all in the 1st quarter. In the 2nd half made two nice mid range jumpers including an and-1 over Sully. Played really solid defense in particular on the red hot Sully who was torching everyone cause of his ability to run him off the 3 point line. Good game for Acy in both games has lead the Knicks in +/-.

Preseason Game 3 vs Toronto 13 Oct 2014
Stat Line: 4 points (2/5), 5 boards 2 steals in 30 mins of play
2nd game starting in a row didn't really do much wrong but didn't really do much in general this game, started off missing a open middy, came back a few possessions later sealing of Hansbrough for a easy two hand jam, later in the game hit a open mid range jumper. In the 2nd half forced a post up fadeaway move and threw up another contested jumper both resulting in misses. Played ok D but not really much to talk about this game, again was high up in +/- being 2nd to only Shumpert @ +13

Preseason Game 4 vs Philly 14 Oct 2014
Stat line 6 points (2/3), 6 boards , 2 assists 1 steal 4TO's
3rd straight start, literally did nothing in his first stint, got subbed back in 2nd quarter and attacked the offensive glass forcing his way to the line 2 times, had a nice jumper after that and made a couple deflections, had some really bad passing TO's, played ok D the typical Acy game.

Last edited by a moderator:
K

KingMilz

Trying out the camera phone for these two dunks I could not find on the net bear with me

In a bizarre turn of events, Quincy Acy, who may have the NBA’s longest beard, and one wilder than James Harden’s, has emerged as the Knicks’ leading candidate at power forward. It is seemingly the lone position battle still remaining. That is a testament to Acy’s defensive fortitude and vibrant playing style that coincides with new coach Derek Fisher’s vision of what he wants out of his starting lineup. It also helps Acy’s cause that Andrea Bargnani’s battling a sore hamstring. “No I didn’t plan on coming here to start,’’ Acy told The Post with a chuckle. “I planned on coming here and playing hard to earn minutes. I guess I impressed enough with my defense to earn a spot. I don’t know what coach got going if I’m starting or coming off the bench or not playing, but I’ll be happy.’’ New York Post

Rumors tagsNew York Knicks, Andrea Bargnani, Quincy Acy
- See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.62ThEcMZ.dpuf

He has the beard, he has the Defense

You go Quincy!!! So glad we were able to get you somewhere you could play big minutes!!!

Good for Quincy. Unfortunately it also speaks to how awful the Knicks are that Stoudamire and Bargnani can't beat out a guy that the Kings shipped out to help clear salary space.

For those keeping score at home that's $35.4 million in PF salary sitting on the bench behind Acy who will make $950,000 this season. Kudos to Derek Fisher for playing the guy who has earned the spot but I'm guessing NY is looking at a very long season with the hope of luring some key free agents next offseason when Bargs and Amare (and other guys like Outlaw, Dalembert and Jason Smith) come off the books.

Regardless, I'll enjoy watching Acy play next season. I love his motor and intensity.

K

KingMilz

I have a feeling Jason Smith well eventually take that role as the starting, dude is dynamite from mid range and is a massive human being who I actually would like on the Kings. But yeah I called it as soon as he was traded that he would get good playing time didn't expect him to start till Bargs and Amare both got there yearly injuries.

In a bizarre turn of events, Quincy Acy, who may have the NBA’s longest beard, and one wilder than James Harden’s, has emerged as the Knicks’ leading candidate at power forward. It is seemingly the lone position battle still remaining. That is a testament to Acy’s defensive fortitude and vibrant playing style that coincides with new coach Derek Fisher’s vision of what he wants out of his starting lineup. It also helps Acy’s cause that Andrea Bargnani’s battling a sore hamstring. “No I didn’t plan on coming here to start,’’ Acy told The Post with a chuckle. “I planned on coming here and playing hard to earn minutes. I guess I impressed enough with my defense to earn a spot. I don’t know what coach got going if I’m starting or coming off the bench or not playing, but I’ll be happy.’’ New York Post

Rumors tagsNew York Knicks, Andrea Bargnani, Quincy Acy
- See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.62ThEcMZ.dpuf

He has the beard, he has the Defense

You go Quincy!!! So glad we were able to get you somewhere you could play big minutes!!!
Glad to hear that he draws some praise
Did his defense really improve over the summer or is it just again some sort of stereotype that people always think that those undersized energy players like Acy, Evans etc. play good defense? I don't remember him playing good defense on the Kings though at first, everybody seemed to expect that from him.

K

KingMilz

Glad to hear that he draws some praise
Did his defense really improve over the summer or is it just again some sort of stereotype that people always think that those undersized energy players like Acy, Evans etc. play good defense? I don't remember him playing good defense on the Kings though at first, everybody seemed to expect that from him.
More the stereotype, but compared to Bargs and Amare he's really good on D and actually has some form of awareness.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The Stoudemire/Dalembert frontline would have been pretty good seven or eight years ago. The fact that Quincy is now poised to start is a sign that it now sucks

K

KingMilz

O no he didn't, the birth of his nickname the "cookie monster" from the Knicks commentary came about after this play

K

KingMilz

Quincy with 8 (4/7) and 10 boards against the Cavs including a sweet putback (will post soon) over Andy V where he just outworked the entire Cavs line up. Played well despite picking up like 3 bs fouls on the new kings of flop in Cleveland.

K

KingMilz

I don't understand why we didn't keep him. He was cheap and effective. Didn't negatively affect the team in any way.

What's crazy is on his 2nd jump he got higher than he did on his first, also on another side note yesterday Jeff Van Gundy was loving his beard as well he was raving about the Amish look.

K

KingMilz

After a couple rough games Acy did alright nothing special and got a decent put back

Ohh Quincy Acy with a Man's jam - Ian Eagle (Nets guy)

K

KingMilz

No dunks against the Nuggets but Quincy had a flagrant foul on Faried and quiet possibly had one of the top 10 or so worst lay up attempts of all time, as well as making all of his mid range jumpers, mixed bag, entertaining none the less.

K

KingMilz

Quincy has 10points and 5 board against the might of the 76ers including two smashes which I put into 1 gif

Just a tidbit I saw from another board looks like the Knicks fans have had enough with Acy.

"What's your thoughts on Acy being removed from the starting position....I think we would do better (at least point and scoring wise) with Travis on the court..even Stat.....Don't really know what Fish is waiting for..."

"I hear ya...It's just so hard watching him shoot....Oakley was a tenacious rebounder,,,,but at least he had a nice little 15ft shot...."

"Nah, all I need is 12 games. Acy blows and I don't even see any future potential there. I mean, every player gets naturally smarter and stronger after years of experience. Even bums look better than rookies allot of the time but make no mistake, in five years Act will be a high iq bum, no different than a Malik Rose. And just about the time he figures it all out he shouldn't lost what little athleticism that gave him the opportunity to get on the floor anyway so maybe the Malik Rose comparison is accurate considering someone had actually tell me that Malik used to dunk on the Spurs and I refused to believe them."

K

KingMilz

Just a tidbit I saw from another board looks like the Knicks fans have had enough with Acy.

"What's your thoughts on Acy being removed from the starting position....I think we would do better (at least point and scoring wise) with Travis on the court..even Stat.....Don't really know what Fish is waiting for..."

"I hear ya...It's just so hard watching him shoot....Oakley was a tenacious rebounder,,,,but at least he had a nice little 15ft shot...."

"Nah, all I need is 12 games. Acy blows and I don't even see any future potential there. I mean, every player gets naturally smarter and stronger after years of experience. Even bums look better than rookies allot of the time but make no mistake, in five years Act will be a high iq bum, no different than a Malik Rose. And just about the time he figures it all out he shouldn't lost what little athleticism that gave him the opportunity to get on the floor anyway so maybe the Malik Rose comparison is accurate considering someone had actually tell me that Malik used to dunk on the Spurs and I refused to believe them."
Well yeah the team lacks scoring and Acy is not exactly a scoring player, but he's been the Knicks best rebounder this year, the Knicks team is a mess in general and the triangle is probably the worsrt system to run with the group they have. End of the day Acy is a 11th-15th man on the Knicks he's starting 5/first PF off the bench,

Thing is all these same Knicks fans were burying Beno into the dirt calling him a bum as well and as he soon as he goes to Memphis he's one of the better back up PG's in the NBA.

K

KingMilz

Quincy just had the best game of his regular season career in which he destroyed Kevin Love to the point where K-Love simply didn't know what to do anymore.

Acy chipped in with 15 points (career high) on 6/8, 6boards, 3 assists, 1 block and had a Kenyon Martin style celebration on a dunk