New Pizza Guy for the Kings

Ben McLemore @BenMcLemore · 37m

Looking forward to a long relationship with @PizzaGuys! Appreciate all their love and support. And, their pizza. #imapizzaguy

 Retweeted by Ben McLemore

Pizza Guys @PizzaGuys · 56m

We are excited to announce our new #PizzaGuy- @BenMcLemore of the @SacramentoKings! Welcome to the @PizzaGuys family!

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
I don't eat pizza. Prefer not having a Chuck Hayes type midsection.

Only thing interesting to me about this is the nonstop hype surrounding the previous pizza guy. Was it purely Grant/Jerry being infatuated with the little guy or was part of it a corporate requirement to promote the pizza guy sponsorship? I really don't want Grant/Jerry pretending Ben is the second coming of Ray Allen all season because of this sponsorship.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I hope that Grant and Jerry realize that Ben is part of an ad campaign and that his selection by the Pizza Guys is not a comment on his basketball skills.

Good for him. IT was a natural at it with his big, constant smile. I think Ben will be
OK with it and line his pockets a little bit. I'm glad they didn't pick Collison. It would not have worked to his advantage on this board.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I had a feeling when I saw the title of this thread that it would be no other than Ben, especially considering they want smiling faces for their commercials and Ben fits the description to a tee.

Goof for Ben, maybe this gets him a little more comfortable dealing with the camera/press. Some of his interviews are downright painful to listen to. Kind of interesting though, he seems like thr prime candidate to be traded mid season.

Should have been Moreland, could have had him swatting Pizza's into peoples houses from vast distances.

Or Sim have him... urm deliver pizzas.

Goof for Ben, maybe this gets him a little more comfortable dealing with the camera/press. Some of his interviews are downright painful to listen to. Kind of interesting though, he seems like thr prime candidate to be traded mid season.
this was the first thought that occurred to me when i saw the news. the kings' roster still needs improvement, and they have few resources left with which to achieve that improvement. mclemore had a notoriously terrible rookie season, but he's young enough to bounce back, and he certainly still has some value as a trade chip. it'd be interesting if pizza guys became a curse of sorts, a spokesman opportunity thrust upon those who are destined to become ex-kings before too long...

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Should have been Moreland, could have had him swatting Pizza's into peoples houses from vast distances.

Or Sim have him... urm deliver pizzas.
Sim would have been great if you could count on him to make the team. There is a funny commercial there waiting to be made with the doorbell ringing, and its Sim delivering your pizza with his face not visible above the door frame. Just a big wall of person and a disembodied voice.

I should have gone into advertising. :p

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Sim would have been great if you could count on him to make the team. There is a funny commercial there waiting to be made with the doorbell ringing, and its Sim delivering your pizza with his face not visible above the door frame. Just a big wall of person and a disembodied voice.

I should have gone into advertising. :p
This is a great idea and I'm not sure he needs to make the team to be the Pizza Guy. It's only a pizza commercial. ;)