New city edition uniforms leak???

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Yup. OK. I'm good with that.

I do think this means that this year we do not have a single solid purple jersey - if I've got this right our jerseys are: white, black, black/purple blend, and indigo/white Royals throwback. And I'm really *not* OK with that, because we're increasingly relegating our primary color to obsolescence. But aside from my complaint that the powers that be (or the players that be) clearly do not want us wearing much purple, this particular throwback is nice.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yup. OK. I'm good with that.

I do think this means that this year we do not have a single solid purple jersey - if I've got this right our jerseys are: white, black, black/purple blend, and indigo/white Royals throwback. And I'm really *not* OK with that, because we're increasingly relegating our primary color to obsolescence. But aside from my complaint that the powers that be (or the players that be) clearly do not want us wearing much purple, this particular throwback is nice.
"Let's light the purple beam to celebrate the team in black and white or sometimes red, white, and blue."

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Other than still not getting the "n" right, these are better than the black/purple ones due to the stupid "Sacramento Kings" layout choice they used on that one.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
so are there going to be "new" jerseys every season or every other? I understand that this is a business in the grand scheme but it really takes the fun out of having and viewing jerseys with the non stop tweaks and releases

I might spend money on this one. Straight America colors. You can wear it anywhere.
I just bought my first jerseys since Bobby Jackson and C Webb. I got a white Fox with the new cursive script and a Domas black/purple with the checkered side. When this one rolls out I think I’ll pick up a Keegan. Love the red/white/blue Royals homage.

I love them

but I don’t know if they are the “city” uniforms because city uniforms are usually the name of the city or the nickname of the city…or contain some reference to the city in logo or coloring. There is no reference to Sacramento or “Sac Town” here.

there were exceptions last season. Celtics, Pacers, and Thunder just used their team names with really no city reference.

the black and purple one seems more like a city uniform. This seems like just a cool alternate like the navy blue throwbacks from a couple of years ago that weren’t under any of the labels.

so, hopefully they wear these but maybe a good city uniform is also in the works

Never understood why the "N" was never capitalized in any uniform recently. I know a lot of you thought the same reading posts here for the last few years.