NCAAB 2023-2024 Thread

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
It appears that college basketball has started, with #9 Tennessee badly hurting #4 Michigan State in East Lansing early on.

But my real comment here is that it's amazingly appropriate that the commentator working beside Bill Raftery is named Connor Onion.

The Iowa Hawkeye Women were playing the local college team today so I got tickets! It was one of those weird games where the fans were rooting for both teams, the home team and the one with a shot at a title. Sold out including standing room only. Clark had a “quiet game” with 24 points 10 rebounds and 11 assists. She stayed behind for 15 minutes signing autographs
IMG_2796.jpeg
IMG_2818.jpeg

IMG_2802.jpeg

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Just one in an ever-growing list of examples that spans well over a decade of announcing that illustrate why Bill Walton should never be employed to call a basketball game ever again.

I watched about 3 hours of the games Walton called last night. I yelled "I hate you" at him about six times. (The above was not even one of them. I remember the play, I think I spaced it out.)

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
My Wildcats are looking the best I've seen since Aaron Gordon's year now in Y3 of the CTL era. The Big 12 is gonna be a killer hoops conference next year but it's killing me that the Pac is going down with so many top ranked schools in football and a hoops program that looks like a serious threat for a 1 seed.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
You will enjoy the refereeing.
That's a first.

did they show the football team on the broadcast? I know this is fb related but this is the funniest thing I've ever seen from UA's big money guy. I really do hope NIL is shortlived and the revenue sports just come up with more appropriate ways to pay the athletes:
image_2024-01-20_172251717.png