[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (CAMP/PRE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The issue for me is that he’s had like two relatively healthy seasons since coming into the league and hasn’t really shown himself to be capable of defending big bigs either. The Spurs now have like 200 million dollars tied up in Johnson, Vassell, and Collins, which I guess they could package up for a deal for a big name player but they aren’t really anywhere in position for that and they have too much dead money on their books to take on contracts for assets right now at the same time.
That Spurs lineup is tough. With Sochan playing point guard, they are going to be bigger than everyone else. Their defense is going to be a nightmare and they are going to be able to protect Wemby. 3pt shooting is going to be their issue for awhile.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
That Spurs lineup is tough. With Sochan playing point guard, they are going to be bigger than everyone else. Their defense is going to be a nightmare and they are going to be able to protect Wemby. 3pt shooting is going to be their issue for awhile.
I feel like we said this about the Raptors playing a lineup of nothing but 6’9” guys and then quickly found out that teams generally use point guards on offense for a reason and that these lineups would wind up getting run into the ground by smaller, quicker guys.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member

Big implications for the salary cap and everything he going forward
Oh, great! More games we don't get to see!

By the time this is all over, NBA games will be spread in exclusive deals across 17 different streaming services and instead of having to pay like $80 a month to be able to watch the NBA I'll be paying like $0 a month to watch nothing, because I damn well won't be paying $400 a month to get games.

Oh, great! More games we don't get to see!

By the time this is all over, NBA games will be spread in exclusive deals across 17 different streaming services and instead of having to pay like $80 a month to be able to watch the NBA I'll be paying like $0 a month to watch nothing, because I damn well won't be paying $400 a month to get games.
I tried to figure out how to watch kings games based on the thread here. I lost interest in trying to figure it out. Sounded like my best option was $80 a month on YTTV for home games. Thats a bit too much for me. I cant even find a free radio steam anymore. Old guy rant off.

I tried to figure out how to watch kings games based on the thread here. I lost interest in trying to figure it out. Sounded like my best option was $80 a month on YTTV for home games. Thats a bit too much for me. I cant even find a free radio steam anymore. Old guy rant off.
It drives me crazy that radio is free over the airwaves but you have to pay for a stream.

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
If you live in the Sacramento area, all games (home and road, not just home) will be on any basic cable package that has TNT and NBC Sports Net California (and perhaps ESPN for a game or two?). And yes, the bottom end for a package like that is about $80 a month, might be able to go a bit cheaper with Sling, which would have a smaller overall channel lineup than basic cable or YTTV streaming.

Folks who live outside of the Sacramento broadcast area can get NBA Team Pass for $90 a year, or the full NBA League Pass for $150 a year, which is a great deal for those who don't want a full TV package for other things - but it's unavailable for local support of the team. (Boo.)

At least for the time being the NBA hasn't fragmented out its games to different streaming services. which would make being a full-season fan even more expensive, but today's news is not particularly rosy for those concerned about such a possibility.

If you live in the Sacramento area, all games (home and road, not just home) will be on any basic cable package that has TNT and NBC Sports Net California (and perhaps ESPN for a game or two?). And yes, the bottom end for a package like that is about $80 a month, might be able to go a bit cheaper with Sling, which would have a smaller overall channel lineup than basic cable or YTTV streaming.

Folks who live outside of the Sacramento broadcast area can get NBA Team Pass for $90 a year, or the full NBA League Pass for $150 a year, which is a great deal for those who don't want a full TV package for other things - but it's unavailable for local support of the team. (Boo.)

At least for the time being the NBA hasn't fragmented out its games to different streaming services. which would make being a full-season fan even more expensive, but today's news is not particularly rosy for those concerned about such a possibility.
The black out restrictions need to be revised. If I was a fan of the Wolves (3 hours away) Bucks (4 hours away) or Bulls (4ish hours away) I would be blacked out for league pass AND zero Wolves, Bucks or Bulls games are shown on local channels. I would only be able to watch nationally televised games.

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
I'm in Humboldt Co and apperntly thats in the blackout zone still... sorry but a 6 hour drive isn't feasible to see them live.
The black out restrictions need to be revised. If I was a fan of the Wolves (3 hours away) Bucks (4 hours away) or Bulls (4ish hours away) I would be blacked out for league pass AND zero Wolves, Bucks or Bulls games are shown on local channels. I would only be able to watch nationally televised games.
Yeah, blackout restrictions are dumb and really need to be reconsidered. For Humboldt I think the reason is that you're supposed to get the games on the "local" cable/streaming, so the restrictions are effectively protecting NBC Sports Net California - so less about whether you can physically attend a game and more about what cable package is available where you live.

For Iowa? Man, I dunno. I have no idea whether your local cable packages carry ALL the relevant RSNs, but in baseball/basketball there are like at least 4 teams and maybe more blacked out for the whole state. Crazy.

Not sure if this falls under the ’illegal stream’ forum rules, but I’ve used league pass for years as an ‘out of region’ fan and once found myself visiting Tahoe and running into this blackout nonsense. At the time (4 years ago) I was able to circumvent these restrictions, but at minimum it’ll also require a decent VPN and league pass may be a little more savvy these days. Could still be the most economical solution though.

I’ll be able to test their current counter-measures the 2nd game of the season, if of interest.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Holy Bajesus.

McDaniels absolutely with DPOY potential, but damn... this is paying him like he's already there. He took a solid step forward offensively, but still a complimentary piece, certainly not a feature guy
Yeah, they’re incredibly fortunate that Ant and Jalen’s new extensions don’t kick in until next season because they at least have a year to figure out how to unload KAT’s deal and get back under the apron as a team that sorta struggled to make the playoffs last season and was last seen imploding and fighting each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.