Milos Teodosic (split from PG thread)

I don't know if this is a right thread , but did you consider Miloš Teodosić at some point here in forum? Maybe i am subjective, but....

80% chances are that Miloš is coming to NBA next season. He is 29 years old, and in last two years he is playing the best and smartest basketball in his career. And probably the best Euroleague player in last 5,6 years. I know that drafting PG is priority for us, but what about idea of trading our picks for higher pick and picking, i don't know, Tatum or Jackson? Or trading one pick for veteran, and taking Miloš for PG? I wasn't impressed watching Lawson and Collison playing at PG position this season (i think ideal role for Collison is backup PG, and im not a fan of scoring point guards like Smith or Fox), and i guess you all heard about Teodosić passing abillities. He is something like Ricky Rubio, just way better shooter! And he dominated Rubio in all national team matches.

It's amazing how he is able to make his teammates better. I will give you one example: Miroslav Raduljica. I guess you all know him. Funny look, fat, slow and lets be honest, funny player, a clown. He played bad in Europe, then somehow came to NBA and played a little, and then he didnt play basketball for one year at all (healthy, but too lazy). And then he played for Serbia national team at WC in summer 2014. with Miloš and became starting Serbia center, and team came all way to finals with USA. 80% of his points (his average was about 14,15 ppg) were after Teodosić assists for easy layups. Only good basketball for Raduljica in his career is national team because of Miloš.

I'm pretty sure that WCS and Papa will play at least 20% better with Teodosić and im sure he will play great basketball for at least 3,4 years. I know he wouldn't be a long term solution, but he could help a lot with developing WCS, Skal and Papa, and getting more wins in next few years. Only bad side for Miloš is inferior physical tools which leads to a little weak 1 on 1 defense.

I would be thankful for your opinion about signing this guy. I can't read all your past posts, but did you ever consider him here?

I don't know if this is a right thread , but did you consider Miloš Teodosić at some point here in forum? Maybe i am subjective, but....

80% chances are that Miloš is coming to NBA next season. He is 29 years old, and in last two years he is playing the best and smartest basketball in his career. And probably the best Euroleague player in last 5,6 years. I know that drafting PG is priority for us, but what about idea of trading our picks for higher pick and picking, i don't know, Tatum or Jackson? Or trading one pick for veteran, and taking Miloš for PG? I wasn't impressed watching Lawson and Collison playing at PG position this season (i think ideal role for Collison is backup PG, and im not a fan of scoring point guards like Smith or Fox), and i guess you all heard about Teodosić passing abillities. He is something like Ricky Rubio, just way better shooter! And he dominated Rubio in all national team matches.

It's amazing how he is able to make his teammates better. I will give you one example: Miroslav Raduljica. I guess you all know him. Funny look, fat, slow and lets be honest, funny player, a clown. He played bad in Europe, then somehow came to NBA and played a little, and then he didnt play basketball for one year at all (healthy, but too lazy). And then he played for Serbia national team at WC in summer 2014. with Miloš and became starting Serbia center, and team came all way to finals with USA. 80% of his points (his average was about 14,15 ppg) were after Teodosić assists for easy layups. Only good basketball for Raduljica in his career is national team because of Miloš.

I'm pretty sure that WCS and Papa will play at least 20% better with Teodosić and im sure he will play great basketball for at least 3,4 years. I know he wouldn't be a long term solution, but he could help a lot with developing WCS, Skal and Papa, and getting more wins in next few years. Only bad side for Miloš is inferior physical tools which leads to a little weak 1 on 1 defense.

I would be thankful for your opinion about signing this guy. I can't read all your past posts, but did you ever consider him here?
From my understanding Teodosic is getting considered by almost every fanbase around the league. But let's be honest - why should Teodosic want to play for the Kings? He is already 30 years old, so being part of a team most likely 3-4 years away from winning doesn't make too much sense. He most likely doesn't need the money. He is getting paid in Europe. Therefore the desire to compete against the best of the best of his profession would most likely be his reason to join an NBA team. In SAC he wouldn't be able to compete, because the team is too young and most big FA don't consider SAC. I don't think there will be a shortcut to winning by luring big time FA to SAC. SO we will have to go through the painful growing process of young players getting used to their roles in the league. Teodosic ain't got time for that. ;)

From my understanding Teodosic is getting considered by almost every fanbase around the league. But let's be honest - why should Teodosic want to play for the Kings? He is already 30 years old, so being part of a team most likely 3-4 years away from winning doesn't make too much sense. He most likely doesn't need the money. He is getting paid in Europe. Therefore the desire to compete against the best of the best of his profession would most likely be his reason to join an NBA team. In SAC he wouldn't be able to compete, because the team is too young and most big FA don't consider SAC. I don't think there will be a shortcut to winning by luring big time FA to SAC. SO we will have to go through the painful growing process of young players getting used to their roles in the league. Teodosic ain't got time for that. ;)
It's true, but lets be honest, almost every Play-off team already have quality PG (except Utah and thats why medias are connecting him with Jazz a lot), and i think the most important thing for Miloš is role, and playing time (thats why on the other hand they are connecting him with Brooklyn, and Kings earlier). And of course, Miloš would compete more in Sacramento than Brooklyn.

I agree about chances that he could be a replacement for Parker, but i hope that having Vlade in the office and Bogdan joining team this season could raise Teodosić interest for Sac Town :D

It's true, but lets be honest, almost every Play-off team already have quality PG (except Utah and thats why medias are connecting him with Jazz a lot), and i think the most important thing for Miloš is role, and playing time (thats why on the other hand they are connecting him with Brooklyn, and Kings earlier). And of course, Miloš would compete more in Sacramento than Brooklyn.

I agree about chances that he could be a replacement for Parker, but i hope that having Vlade in the office and Bogdan joining team this season could raise Teodosić interest for Sac Town :D
Well if you want to compete, being a backup PG for a playoff team or contender would actually be better in my mind, than to play for a young team still learning the ways of the league. I mean Sergio Rodriguez is another high profile Euro player, who wanted to play in the NBA and the Sixers started McConnell half way in, because developing him made more sense than to play Rodriguez, who didn't do a bad job from my point of view.
When the Kings decide to draft a PG with one of their picks, the development of that PG will be the top priority. In this case Teodosic would be a stopgap until the young guy is ready to step into his role.
I mean obviously there are some ties to Vlade, but still I don't think coming to the Kings would be a good decision for Teodosic. With our current situation at SG in mind I even doubt, that Bogdanovic makes the best decison for himself, if he decides to come over and play for the Kings.

Ideally one of Bogdanovic or Hield will fill the combo guard role, so we don't need to focus on PG too much. There are lots of talented PGs, but it seems difficult to find a good SF.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Well if you want to compete, being a backup PG for a playoff team or contender would actually be better in my mind, than to play for a young team still learning the ways of the league. I mean Sergio Rodriguez is another high profile Euro player, who wanted to play in the NBA and the Sixers started McConnell half way in, because developing him made more sense than to play Rodriguez, who didn't do a bad job from my point of view.
When the Kings decide to draft a PG with one of their picks, the development of that PG will be the top priority. In this case Teodosic would be a stopgap until the young guy is ready to step into his role.
I mean obviously there are some ties to Vlade, but still I don't think coming to the Kings would be a good decision for Teodosic. With our current situation at SG in mind I even doubt, that Bogdanovic makes the best decison for himself, if he decides to come over and play for the Kings.
Yeah the odds may be against us, but it doesn't hurt to try. Bogdanovic and Milos were teammates on the Serbian national team. Vlade has connections with most of the Serbian players. So there's a chance. There's also another factor. The Kings will have the money to pay him, and some of the other teams won't. I think the main competitor for him will be the Nets. The owner is Russian, and Milos currently plays on CKA Moscow team. Also, they've spent a lot of time courting him this year. So, from that perspective, if the Nets can attract him, as bad as they've been, then the Kings can. How about some positive thinking for a change.

I remember Milos name coming up last year during the Olympics. Most of us were seeing him added to a team with Boogie and Rudy. And how having a great shooting and passing PG would open up the game for the Kings. Obviously that is not happening now but Milos could still have a role making Sacramento Lob City North with WCS and Skal throwing down Milos sweet passes.

The Nets who have no picks are really working Europe for players--> http://hoopshype.com/tag/milos-teodosic/

Yeah the odds may be against us, but it doesn't hurt to try. Bogdanovic and Milos were teammates on the Serbian national team. Vlade has connections with most of the Serbian players. So there's a chance. There's also another factor. The Kings will have the money to pay him, and some of the other teams won't. I think the main competitor for him will be the Nets. The owner is Russian, and Milos currently plays on CKA Moscow team. Also, they've spent a lot of time courting him this year. So, from that perspective, if the Nets can attract him, as bad as they've been, then the Kings can. How about some positive thinking for a change.
I think we are caught in some constant misunderstanding.

1. of course you try. If signing Teodosiv makes sense from our FO point of view, than you try to sign him.
2. The Nets are desperate. In their desperation they might very well overpay a high profile Euro player to gain some positive momentum. Should the Kings try to do the same? I don't think so, because our focus should be on developing our draft picks. Teodosic, despite being a very good basketball player, has no NBA experience. Even at 30 he would be busy to find his own way in the league, making him a subpar mentor for our youth. And like already said, he would be only a stopgap solution, because he really doesn't fit our window of contention at age 30.
3. You are a big believer in positive thinking, obviously because you believe, that only optimists will take chances and pessimists will remain in the status quo and in a cycle of endless complaints. First of all neither you or me are in any way involved in the Kings decisions. Therefore, as much as we wish otherwise, it won't change a thing, if we think optimistic or pessimistic about the Kings chances and future. Secondly I'm more of a believer in a balanced approach. A business run by obstinate optimists, might ignore major risks or might aim way too high, while the pessimistic approach might hurt the business, because chances aren't taken. In reality you need both ways of thinking, but not necessarily from one person. I think a good team consists of optimistic, hands-on persons as well as cautious and reminding worriers. I like to think of this board as a functional group of people all sharing the same passion and discussing the Kings in a civil and sometimes relatively educated way. You know sometimes even the crackerbarrel (is this a real word? I mean a group a regular people discussing topics, which are a bit over their heads. Stammtisch is the german word usually related to politic discussions) has some educated thoughts. :D
So much like in a business situation, it doesn't hurt to have a balance between optimistic and pessimistic thinking around. I understand, that it's tiresome for you to read my tirades. I understand that it sometimes upsets you. The same is true for me, because sometimes the neverending optimism by some posters is just incomprehensible for me.

Lets sum this up this way. I don't think you would feel safe, if the internal safety test of the car company you prefer, would be exclusively run by optimists ;). And I know with the Volkswagen scandal in mind, I set me up for some big time mockery by writing that....:p

I think we as fans underrate how much money goes into the players decision making process. We want to believe that they're in it for the team and all out for a title, but only a select few guys have made enough money in their career that they can completely disregard salary to go to a winning situation.

I also think this is the kind of deal where Vlade can be more valuable than basically any other GM in the league. You got to believe there's a level of trust with the 2 already and that they know each other. Maybe familiarity is something Teodosic wants with his club? Wants to know he'll be taken care of and Vlade can be a big part of that. Add on that we can throw a boatload of money at him (something only the Nets will/want to do) and we can make him a pretty attractive offer with a starting job open.

Just depends what he values more. He'll have offers for sure, but very few can offer the money+starting job+personal Vlade connection.

I also have no problem throwing a godfather type of contract at him (and Bogdan too) to get them to come over. We have literally 0 players to pay for until WCS gets his extension after 2 more seasons.

Last edited:
I think we as fans underrate how much money goes into the players decision making process. We want to believe that they're in it for the team and all out for a title, but only a select few guys have made enough money in their career that they can completely disregard salary to go to a winning situation.

I also think this is the kind of deal where Vlade can be more valuable than basically any other GM in the league. You got to believe there's a level of trust with the 2 already and that they know each other. Maybe familiarity is something Teodosic wants with his club? Wants to know he'll be taken care of and Vlade can be a big part of that. Add on that we can throw a boatload of money at him (something only the Nets will/want to do) and we can make him a pretty attractive offer with a starting job open.

Just depends what he values more. He'll have offers for sure, but very few can offer the money+starting job+personal Vlade connection.

I also have no problem throwing a godfather type of contract at him (and Bogdan too) to get them to come over. We have literally 0 players to pay for until WCS gets his extension after 2 more seasons.
Good point. I guess as long as it's not a longterm deal that harmstrings our ability to sign FA's as soon as our young guns are entering their early prime, there's not much to complain about. Only thing is, that signing Milos means less development minutes for a potential young PG project. At least when Joerger continues his way of only giving the rookies minutes, when they are meaningful and when they beat the other players on the roster for them.

About Teodosic, if he is coming to the NBA he is going to the Utah Jazz because his former coach in Russia Quin Snyder is the head coach there or the Spurs.

These both teams next year will be contenders in my opinion. I might give only 5 % chance that he would consider Sacramento or even Nets...... Nets are really trying to get Teodosic this upcoming summer, they are going to Europe to watch him play like almost every game, but I think at the end of the day it will not be worth it because he will head to Utah or SAS. ;)

Good point. I guess as long as it's not a longterm deal that harmstrings our ability to sign FA's as soon as our young guns are entering their early prime, there's not much to complain about. Only thing is, that signing Milos means less development minutes for a potential young PG project. At least when Joerger continues his way of only giving the rookies minutes, when they are meaningful and when they beat the other players on the roster for them.
I mean does it? Would be it be the worst thing to bring a Fox or Ntilikina along slowly for a season or 2 then have Milos as trade bait? I trust this staff quite a bit to develop the young talent after the leaps we saw from WCS/Malachi/Papa/Buddy and Skal the last 2 months. And who knows, maybe Milos balls out and he stays here for the next 5-6 seasons.

What I do know is we already have a ton of young talent that would greatly benefit from a ball distributor like Teodosic. While we have no idea how his overall game will translate, I have no doubt he's going to be an elite playmaker wherever he ends up. And with no cap concerns whatsoever and no chance of bringing any other real FA's (this probably isn't all that real either), this seems like a really good bet to make a competitive offer for.

About Teodosic, if he is coming to the NBA he is going to the Utah Jazz because his former coach in Russia Quin Snyder is the head coach there or the Spurs.

These both teams next year will be contenders in my opinion. I might give only 5 % chance that he would consider Sacramento or even Nets...... Nets are really trying to get Teodosic this upcoming summer, they are going to Europe to watch him play like almost every game, but I think at the end of the day it will not be worth it because he will head to Utah or SAS. ;)
There's a connection for sure, but the Jazz can't come close to offering the same money we can or the same role. They're going to try and get Hayward first and they might consider bringing Hill back as well if they want to get to the luxury tax. But even if they lose out on Hill, they don't have the cash to match a big offer on Teodoisc.

The biggest players will be the Nuggets (Jokic friendship, likely starting job open, good team) and the Nets (Big money, starting, limelight, relationship with Prokorov). But the Nuggets will have to make some choices too with Plumlee hitting RFA this season, Gary Harris a RFA next season and then getting a Jokic extension done after next season as he'll be a UFA because he was a 2nd round pick.

Heard some Spurs love too as a Parker replacement, but they're cash strapped as well next year and have Mills and Dedmon to take care of.

I hope we leverage our cap situation to try and snag a guy like this. Very few teams are in our shoes where we they 0 guys coming up they need to sign with a bunch of money to spend.

There's a connection for sure, but the Jazz can't come close to offering the same money we can or the same role. They're going to try and get Hayward first and they might consider bringing Hill back as well if they want to get to the luxury tax. But even if they lose out on Hill, they don't have the cash to match a big offer on Teodoisc.

The biggest players will be the Nuggets (Jokic friendship, likely starting job open, good team) and the Nets (Big money, starting, limelight, relationship with Prokorov). But the Nuggets will have to make some choices too with Plumlee hitting RFA this season, Gary Harris a RFA next season and then getting a Jokic extension done after next season as he'll be a UFA because he was a 2nd round pick.

Heard some Spurs love too as a Parker replacement, but they're cash strapped as well next year and have Mills and Dedmon to take care of.

I hope we leverage our cap situation to try and snag a guy like this. Very few teams are in our shoes where we they 0 guys coming up they need to sign with a bunch of money to spend.
Spurs are letting at least Patty walk, they have a likely backup Point Guard at best starting pg next year in Dejounte Murray. Manu Ginobili will likely retire it's free up 14 million in cap space. I don't know if even Dedmon stays with the Spurs, because in the playoffs he is playing very awful right now.

I wonder if we package picks/players to move up and get one of the two main SF's projected to go in the top 4-6? Especially in light of potentially bringing over Milo and Bogdanovic.

I wonder if we package picks/players to move up and get one of the two main SF's projected to go in the top 4-6? Especially in light of potentially bringing over Milo and Bogdanovic.
Yeah I think so. However I don't know if any team is willing to trade down.
If we stay pat I could see Isaac being the major target and maybe taking a combo guard like Ntilikina or Mitchell at ten. If we read the tea leaves correctly I wouldn't be surprised if the roster looks something like this going into next year:

PGs:.
Teodosic Lawson Mitchell/Ntilikina

Gone: Collison, Evans

Wings:
Bogdanovic Hield Galloway
Temple Isaac Richardson

Gone: Gay, Afflalo, Mclemore

Bigs:
Skal Tolliver Bell
Koufos Wcs PapaG

Last edited:
@IAmDPick: Source: Kings legit contender to land Milos Teodosic. GM Vlade Divac has strong Serbian bond with All-Euroleague PG for CSKA.

From twitter......Carmicheal Dave has been saying on twitter here and there that he didnt think Sac was going to take a PG or wasn't so sure......interesting
Freaking awesome. THIS is the real edge that Vlade brings as a GM; the international scene and having connections to a lot of these guys. We're just the perfect storm to bring a guy like him aboard; he instantly gets the keys to the kingdom, we can pay him more than basically anyone and he already has a strong relationship with Vlade.

If we stay pat I could see Isaac being the major target and maybe taking a combo guard like Ntilikina or Mitchell at ten. If we read the tea leaves correctly I wouldn't be surprised if the roster looks something like this going into next year:

Wings:
Temple Isaac Richardson

Bigs:
Skal Tolliver Bell
Koufos Wcs PapaG
That's a team worth getting excited about. Get a top big in 2018 and its adios lottery.

Wings:
Temple Isaac Richardson

Bigs:
Skal Tolliver Bell
Koufos Wcs PapaG
Absolutely love it. Ntilkina/Isaac/Collins would be my top 3 picks with Teodosic aboard. Tons of length/athleticism/positional versatility/defensive upside and a real floor general to help everyone develop on the offensive end. Especially Collins and Isaac, both of whom I think would absolutely thrive with a PG like Teodosic and really get them to unlock their offensive upside.

Teodosic
Buddy || Bogdan/Temple
Isaac || Bogdan/Temple
Collins || Skal || Tolliver
WCS || Papa || Koufos

Yea, that would be a fun team to watch at the very least, something Kings basketball has been lacking for a long, long time.

Last edited:
From twitter......Carmicheal Dave has been saying on twitter here and there that he didnt think Sac was going to take a PG or wasn't so sure......interesting
Even if we land Milos, the Kings need to draft a point guard in this draft. This draft is heavy in top PG prospects and Milos is 30 years old.

We absolutely need to draft a point guard to groom for the future.

Curious, do people not realize that Teodosic is 30? Not a long term answer at all, and it shouldn't be the reason why the Kings pass up on a PG this draft....

I'm fine with Teodosic, but I'd be pissed if this meant Joerger plays vets 30+mpg while the young players get benched.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I mean I like what Milos brings to the game but by no means should Vlade NOT draft one PG that will be available at 8 or 10
No, I agree with you. We still need to acquire our PG of the future. Milos is 30 years old, and that's fine as a temp starter for a few years while our young PG learns the ropes. If we were to end up with Ntilikina, and we bring over Teodosic, then I wouldn't mind bringing back Lawson as our backup, and let Ntilikina play in the G-League for most of the year, or until the powers that be think he's ready.