[Game] Kings @ Warriors - 3/24/17 - 7:30PT/10:30ET

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The Warriors lost their mascot, Thunder, when the Sonics moved to Oklahoma City.

They currently have no mascot and have reportedly said they don't need one. Their show is "on the court." Yeah, whatever...

I want us to win this game. Wait. No. That's not right. I want the Warriors to LOSE this game. Badly. In an embarrassing manner. I know it probably won't happen but hope springs eternal.

#GoKings

Last edited:
I want us to win this game. Wait. No. That's not right. I want the Warriors to LOSE this game. Badly. In an embarrassing manner. I know it probably won't happen but hope springs eternal.

#GoKings
I say why the heck not?
We splitted our home games against the Dubs (one each), and our W was back when it still mattered to them as well!
(It mattered so much that they had Steph, Klay, Draymond and KD all playing 42 minutes in that game!!!)

So why not split our road games the same way? Especially since they're one KD short, and are reluctant to over-burden their stars and risk losing someone else just before the Playoffs.

Uh oh. I am not at all surprised... Hopefully he won't break any of our rookies. :p

Connor Letourneau‏Verified account@Con_Chron
Matt Barnes on facing his former team, Sacramento: "I’m trying to kill 'em. Simple. Things didn’t go well there. They’re the enemy now."
Matt, gotta let it go man.

Vlade gave him what he wanted and he was released. Now the kings are still paying you and you may still win a ring with the MF warriors!

No need to "kill" anyone! :eek:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Matt, gotta let it go man.

Vlade gave him what he wanted and he was released. Now the kings are still paying you and you may still win a ring with the MF warriors!

No need to "kill" anyone! :eek:
You must not be very familiar with Matt Barnes. ;)

And I'm curious. What makes you think Barnes wanted to be released?

I think he alluded to wanting to play with the Warriors/Clippers in the summer, wanting to stay close to his family and win a ring. Now he gets the full pay check (no buy out?) and may win a ring with the Warriors instead of missing the playoffs here. Although it might be a respect thing with him

Watched GSW crush the Mavericks a couple of nights ago. It seemed as if GSW toyed with the Mavs, then just sank three after three like daggers. Of course there is more to it than that. But when they are hitting those longs shots I don't see how anyone can beat them.

But maybe this young Kings team catches them on an off night....hope springs eternal:)

Vlade stated this in the Q & A article in the Sac Bee authored by the person "not to be named" ;), back when the DMC trade went down.

Vlade basically stated that Matt and the Kings had a mutual agreement for him to be released, after DMC was traded. Vlade claimed that both parties parted ways amicably.

gunks

Hall of Famer
The Warriors lost their mascot, Thunder, when the Sonics moved to Oklahoma City. They currently have no mascot and have reportedly said they don't need one. Their show is "on the court." Yeah, whatever...

#GoKings
The Warriors don't even have a mascot?

Howbout a big wagon with googly eyes and Micky Mouse gloves. "Benny Bandwagon"!

Hire me, Warriors.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Vlade stated this in the Q & A article in the Sac Bee authored by the person "not to be named" ;), back when the DMC trade went down.

Vlade basically stated that Matt and the Kings had a mutual agreement for him to be released, after DMC was traded. Vlade claimed that both parties parted ways amicably.
I've followed Matt Barnes since he first came into the league and I still like his grit and determination. I think Vlade may have been taking some literary license in describing the amicable parting of the ways, especially considering what Matt tweeted today.

One thing about Matt Barnes? He was the ride-or-die guy with Webber, played hard for the Kings and was part of the Webber trade. He was the ride-or-die guy with Cousins, played hard for the Kings and was part of the Cousins trade as he had to be released to make room on the roster for one of the Pels. If he's a tad bitter at the Kings, I cannot imagine anyone blaming him.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The Warriors don't even have a mascot?

Howbout a big wagon with googly eyes and Micky Mouse gloves. "Benny Bandwagon"!

Hire me, Warriors.
LOL!

Note: In doing my "research" for the mascot info, I did come across this:

https://thekicker.com/warriors-unveil-new-mascot-72er-the-goofy-talking-72/
The Golden State Warriors on Thursday unveiled a new team mascot: “72’er”, a “72” that talks, dances and reminds fans that this team has always been about the number 72.

The Warriors, who had been the only team without a mascot, unveiled 72’er as the odds of the team reaching a historic 73 wins dropped significantly following a loss to the Timberwolves.

“The Warriors franchise has a long history of loving the number ’72’ and our new mascot is a reflection of that,” Golden State GM Bob Myers said in a statement.

Along with 72’er, the Warriors replaced their previous slogan “We Believe” with a new slogan, “There’s NOTHING Wrong With 72.’”
BTW? The slogan on thekicker.com website is "We can't play sports*, but we can make jokes about them!"

He may or may not have wanted to be released but I think Vlade was doing him a favor making him available when KD went down. It's the kind of guy I believe Vlade is and no skin off our back. And of course Matt would say what he did, he's a Warrior now. More power to him.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
He may or may not have wanted to be released but I think Vlade was doing him a favor making him available when KD went down. It's the kind of guy I believe Vlade is and no skin off our back. And of course Matt would say what he did, he's a Warrior now. More power to him.
Matt was released on Feb. 20. Kevin Durant was injured on Feb. 28. Vlade could not possibly have known KD was going to be injured when he released Matt.

EDIT: Oh wait. Were you saying Vlade released Matt so he could possibly get picked up by a contending team should the opportunity arise? If so, I apologize for misunderstanding. :)

Last edited:
I've followed Matt Barnes since he first came into the league and I still like his grit and determination. I think Vlade may have been taking some literary license in describing the amicable parting of the ways, especially considering what Matt tweeted today.

One thing about Matt Barnes? He was the ride-or-die guy with Webber, played hard for the Kings and was part of the Webber trade. He was the ride-or-die guy with Cousins, played hard for the Kings and was part of the Cousins trade as he had to be released to make room on the roster for one of the Pels. If he's a tad bitter at the Kings, I cannot imagine anyone blaming him.
Vlade, I think did Barnes a favor by releasing him. He basically stated that Matt said that he was too old for a rebuild and asked to be released and Vlade obliged.

Matt was a Joeger favorite, Vlade did Matt a favor by releasing him so he could latch onto a contending team, while the Kings had to eat his contract. Vlade did not have to do that for him.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Vlade, I think did Barnes a favor by releasing him. He basically stated that Matt said that he was too old for a rebuild and asked to be released and Vlade obliged.

Matt was a Joeger favorite, Vlade did Matt a favor by releasing him so he could latch onto a contending team, while the Kings had to eat his contract. Vlade did not have to do that for him.
They had to release someone to free up a roster spot. I believe Matt was released because of the "character matters" plot line.

Has anyone noticed that all those "who shall not be named" inevitably have their names begin with a V?

Last edited:
Has anyone noticed that all those "who shall not be named" inevitably have their names begin with a V?
...And while the dark lord and that lady from the SacBee only haVe two of those eVil letters in their neVer-to-be-mentioned names...
Our own Kings bras arch-Villains boast a much more manacing 2 (Vlade DiVac) and even 3 (ViVek RanadiVe) of those!!

I'd rather take my chances and Voice the name outloud with the only real character ;) of all the 4 aboVememtioned who shall not be named:
Voldemort! Voldemort! Voldemort! Voldemort! Voldemort!

I am actually shocked about our redheaded pal having a V-free name.

I think we must rename him Vvvrant Vvvapear.

All those in faVor, raise your likes.

It is easy like players with heart that go hard. Barnes has that quality, but there must be a reason he gets released and traded so often. It is hard to know what it is like to have him as a team mate.
The Warriors are the one team in all of pro sports I cannot stand.
If start sticking their tongues out and grimacing I will turn it off. They have no respect for the game and act like high school players.