[Game] Kings vs. Warriors - 4/16/2024 (Play-In Tournament) - 7:00PM PDT/10:00PM EDT (TNT)

Which Kings team will we see tomorrow night?

• The TERRIBLE Kings

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats to Mike Brown on coaching his ass off tonight. Congrats to Keon for showing America who he is tonight. Congrats to Keegan for having a great game and beating the splash bros at there own game. Congrats to Domas on a game that must have felt like revenge. Congrats to Fox for being a leader and to Barnes for having a great game and to the Kings for showing they are a team that can get it done and to the fans of the Kings for one helluva night.

Kept Curry under 22 points and I lost count of his deflections, steals and blocked shots, mostly guarding him alone!!! It used to be Fox's assignment, isn't it? Now Fox can operate more freely taking extra oxygen.
And I repeat this kid is becoming a 3D player. The thing about him I like the most is he doesn't seem to crumble under pressure.

Perhaps, we've seen last time the Warriors trio in the same uniform. This is the end of their dynasty.

He picked up like 2-3 quick fouls (finished with 4) and was making lots of mistakes. He was not getting away with the malarkey they allowed last year against Domas.
AND Domas is much healthier than at this same time last season. I said it back then and you could see a clear difference tonight.

That said, I thought Domas played a C+, B- level game. He can play much better than tonight. If he manages a B+ performance or higher against NOP on Friday, I like the KINGS chances of ending their losing streak to that team. We were 2-1 against NOP the previous 2 seasons before this inexplicable reversal. Time to get back on track and for Swipa to average 40 on them again.

I just want to wake up Wednesday morning a happy man.
Well?

Come on Slab, pay attention to this season.

Clearly, this means we're going to wipe them up by 30. It's only when we play inferior teams with their 3 best players out that we for some reason decide to get dominated.
Well, well.

The SLABster's motivational speech will result in us blowing GSW out of our house. Kings win by 30+...:p:p:p
Well, well, well.

I hope Mike Brown is encouraging Sabonis to keep taking those midrange shots despite them not falling tonight. He’s been close to 50% on open mid range jumpers over the past 2 seasons. He just needs to keep that confidence and not be afraid to take them if that’s what the defense is giving him. Don’t shy away from the moment.
I wish he could employ midrange bank shots like Duncan; less precision more odds.

Even though the Kings were 4-0 against the Lakers and 0-5 versus the Pelicans, I'm glad the Kings are playing the Pelicans on Friday.

I think the chances of a fairly called game by the refs is much more likely playing the Pelicans than the Lakers.
That was my thought process while watching Pels / Lakers game .Rather go out and put everything on the line in a fairly officiated game(hopefully, anyway) then be screwed by 200 free throws for standing near LeBron, Davis or Reaves

Man i love how decisive everyone was tonight. Letting the 3 fly when it made sense, and not forcing any passes, immediately going for the next option when option A just wasn't there.
That was crucial. That was Kings basketball.

Mike Brown said they had to take the open shots in a game like this. I was amazed at how many they hit: 46.2% from three, and a whole lot of nice, mid-range jumpers, including a shot from Harrison Barnes, falling backwards.

I hope Mike Brown is encouraging Sabonis to keep taking those midrange shots despite them not falling tonight. He’s been close to 50% on open mid range jumpers over the past 2 seasons. He just needs to keep that confidence and not be afraid to take them if that’s what the defense is giving him. Don’t shy away from the moment.
The only time missing becomes a problem is if he hesitates and just refuses to take them. Eventually, the defender has to come up and that makes your passing lanes wide open.

On ESPN.com NBA home page USA basketball "experts" made their picks for today's games: 10-3 Lakers win, 13-1 Warriors win. The show must go on, I suppose. Road teams lower in standings, made play-in just because, are HUGE favorites :) I don't care much about Pels - Lakers, but 13-1 picks in favor of Warriors are just insanity. Lakers have LBJ and some other guy, Warriors - Curry. Their only reason.
The Sacramento Kings: Embarrassing the Experts since 1999!

(before that we were just embarrassing ourselves - but having a great time doing it!)

Not just a victory but redemption. The new look Kings did not just beat the Ws, they demoralized them. No more smiling, smirking, behind the back passes and walking off the court at the end of the game. The Terriers starters looked absolutely ordinary. The Kings held them to under 100 points.

Major kudos to Murray and Ellis and Sabonis. They made the difference. This is huge. Congratulations to all Kings fans that have stuck around.

A game like this makes the point about parity in the NBA. There are so many good teams, that match ups become much more important. We seemed to match up fine with a smaller older team like GS. The Pelicans on the other hand are big and young and give us a lot of trouble.

Its great to be a Kings fan.

We’ve been bad down the stretch. We’re injured. We’re mediocre at home. They beat us last year twice at home when it mattered most. They’re hot. They’re healthy. They’re a dynasty that has playoff / championship experience.

I see zero reason why it should be anything else.

Flip the narrative please! But until then, 13-1 against us is just about what I expect and it’s totally fair.
Well, this means one thing, and one thing only...

The SLABster's motivational speech will result in us blowing GSW out of our house. Kings win by 30+...:p:p:p
But, but, but...

We ONLY won by 24...The SLABster's speech wasn't good enough. I expect better results on Friday...:p:p:p

We all are having a splendid Wednesday, I imagine. Somehow Warriors were not a big concern for me. They limped into play-ins and got spanked. Pels, on the other hand - a problem. If we see GOOD Kings again, in New Orleans - we'll take care of that problem.
Almost every second game during the regular season Kings played like all of them have a serious bipolar disorder. That was not the case yesterday. Maybe they found some proper treatment and from now on Kings will be less bipolar. One can only hope :)

Last edited:
Kept Curry under 22 points and I lost count of his deflections, steals and blocked shots, mostly guarding him alone!!! It used to be Fox's assignment, isn't it? Now Fox can operate more freely taking extra oxygen.
And I repeat this kid is becoming a 3D player. The thing about him I like the most is he doesn't seem to crumble under pressure.

Perhaps, we've seen last time the Warriors trio in the same uniform. This is the end of their dynasty.
He's starting to show more than 3d, driving the lane and working off picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.