[Game] Kings @ Pelicans, 1/21/14, 8 pm EST/5 pm PST

Who is the greatest athlete in the universe?

• Richard Sherman

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Richard Sherman

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Richard Sherman

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Richard Sherman

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
KingsFans.com ShermanFans.com Official Gameday Thread
Game 4o
Sacramento Kings @ New Orleans Pelicans

By Richard Sherman, Special Guest Contributor the best writer in the game and if you try me with a sorry writer like William Shakespeare, this is the result you're gonna get.

What a night, and what a finish.

Near midnight I still had about 70 unread text messages from friends and family, most of which read, “Isaiah Thomas is the best 5'9" basketball player ever!” Many of my Twitter mentions and these sorry ass posters on KingsFans.com were less supportive. My soul ached. I was thrilled and proud and upset, all at once.

Here’s what happened …

IT spent most of the game on an island: the Thunder (a sorry weak imitation of the Sonics, 12th man rise up!) focused their sorry defenders on mediocre players like Rudy Gay and Demarcus Cousins. The first half produced a scoring explosion by the Richard Sherman of basketball; the second ended the game. The Thunder put Thabo Sefalosha, a good defender but only a mediocre guy, probably like JJ Watt or Navarro Bowman, on Isaiah "Not Richard Sherman" Thomas and the man choked up. If you're gonna test a playmaker like Isaiah Thomas with a no-name, unproven guy like that, that's what's gonna happen!

Game over. The Kings aren't going to the playoffs.

Erin Andrews interviewed me after I won the Niners game and I yelled what was obvious: If you put a subpar player across from a great one, most of the time you’re going to get one result. As far as Isaiah Thomas being a top-20 NBA player, you’d have a hard time not making that argument to me. There are a lot of point guards playing good ball right now, and Isaiah Thomas is only not producing because he's surrounded by a bunch of sorry no names who can't put up half his stats in twice as many games. And Isaiah has Jimmer Fredette, Ben McLemore, and Marcus Thornton as his shooting guards.

But that’s not why I love the man. It goes back to something he said to me this offseason in Arizona, but you’d have to ask him about that. A lot of what I said to Andrews was adrenaline talking, and some of that was Crabtree. I just don’t like him. But I love Isaiah Thomas. This summer, we're going to get matching tattoos and go on vacation to Tahiti together.

So here IT is, in New Orleans. There will be a lot of talking, but at this point, after 40 games, there’s nothing left to say. He has the right mindset, and nothing can change that. He's treated every week like a championship opportunity and he’ll obviously continue to think that way. He deserves to be here. he didn’t sneak into New Orleans; he earned his way. Now every goal we set forth at the beginning of the season is in front of us.

The Pelicans stand in IT's way, and it’s a large obstacle. They’ve got the smartest unibrow in basketball and guards who are large (mostly), explosive with the basketball and average defenders (the only defenders that are more than average are me, IT, and Mr. Clean). Eric Gordon can score and shoot from the three. Tyreke Evans is strong and good at driving if his weak ass ankles don't snap in half during warmups (My ankles lift weights on their own when I sleep). And the brow knows how to intercept balls headed towards the rim (but not as good as me. If I played basketball, the score would be 100 to 0 because I'd swat every shot headed to the basket. Except for when I'd play IT. Then I'd only win by 90).

It’s the No. 1 IT vs. the No. 1 defense. It’s a match made in heaven, and I couldn’t be more excited. If you’re any kind of competitor and you have any kind of dog about you, you want to play against the best. Finally, IT gets the opportunity.

-Richard Sherman

PS. Don't even think about talking about me. I'll find you.

Last edited:
We have been competing on a nightly basis and that is a credit to malone. We even looked like the better team for much of the first half against the thunder. Our season hangs on the precarious balance of showing improvement or rather going for the third highest probability for the draft.
Tonight's game will be interesting to watch. Reke has been up or down and I don't know if he's listed. Im not an AD guy and don't buy the top 3 future thing yet, so maybe he'll show me somethibg

We have been competing on a nightly basis and that is a credit to malone. We even looked like the better team for much of the first half against the thunder. Our season hangs on the precarious balance of showing improvement or rather going for the third highest probability for the draft.
Tonight's game will be interesting to watch. Reke has been up or down and I don't know if he's listed. I'm not an AD guy and don't buy the top 3 future thing yet, so maybe he'll show me something
Vs Warriors he banged with Bogut very well, and ran around him very well, while bodying up Andrew successfully. And Bogut fouled AD twice, so Davis is coming along nicely. NO put Reke out with no shooting crew, but he was able to get to the rim as usual, just got shut down there. Expect much more heartwarming greeting for him at the teeth of our flailing defense.

Monty Williams has been scared to put AD on Cousins in the past.

If he doesn't, Cousins has the luxury of going up against Greg ****ing Steimsma. I'm half joking, the Steemer is an ok defender. Still, Cousins should eat him alive.

And NOP is coming into the second night of a back to back. Anything other than a win is unacceptable.

If he doesn't, Cousins has the luxury of going up against Greg ****ing Steimsma. I'm half joking, the Steemer is an ok defender. Still, Cousins should eat him alive.

And NOP is coming into the second night of a back to back. Anything other than a win is unacceptable.
Yea if they don't run more plays for JT than Cousins in the post again. But yea gotta get this win, Jrue Holiday isn't there to torch us again, and NOLA has lost 8 of 9 games

And let's hope the Pizza Guy takes his own advice from yesterday. I don't want to see another game where Rudy Gay is not even given a chance to be a part of the offense:

Isaiah Thomas ‏@Isaiah_Thomas2
He said it best... Buying in, playing FOR each other and making defense the most important thing on the floor

New Orleans TV crew keeps calling their team the "Pels". Sounds odd. Yes, I realize it's short for pelicans. Must be a local thing.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I wish I could hear it. He's probably giving all the cliche answers
Actually, they talked mainly about places to eat in New Orleans. Then Thornton said he knows his role has changed and he has to play defense and Malone has really been emphasizing that...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I hate it when we play games in arenas that are so dead you can hear shoes squeaking - and not the players. I'm talking about the people walking around.

Theres some really cheap seats there too, I think i saw some tickets for 4 bucks and lower seasts as low as 30 bucks. Wow i would go so often if I lived in NO