[Game] Kings @ Nuggets - 1/3/17 - 6PT/9ET

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
You can't have a sheer negative in the rotation swinging momentum

I'd move him now while he has value, or he has to earn his time at the end. We can't just allot underperforming young players time - i.e. Ben. They have to give back
I said it a while back but the Kings should really consider playing him in the D-League, either that or just not play him...period. It's way too early to call Willie another Ben bust, so let's give it at least until his rookie contract is up to further judge.

Temple & Casspi in = Suddenly we play D...
They both have not scored, but they have a +/-
of 12 and 13, respectively.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I'm trying to figure something out here, coach says, Malachi will get some significant playing time...in return, he hasn't entered the first half and has played almost everyone but him. o_Oo_Oo_O

I said it a while back but the Kings should really consider playing him in the D-League, either that or just not play him...period. It's way too early to call Willie another Ben bust, so let's give it at least until his rookie contract is up to further judge.
He's so far gone, I really don't see how he will ever be a good player

Koufos/Cousins comes back, Nuggets chomp into lead. There is absolutely no reason Cousins should be out chasing and closing down shooters.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I'm trying to figure something out here, coach says, Malachi will get some significant playing time...in return, he hasn't entered the first half and has played almost everyone but him. o_Oo_Oo_O
Who's he supposed to play instead of? Afflalo just played his best half of basketball and Ben has, rightfully, not seen the floor since the first quarter.

If they come out strong to start the third, they could make quick work of this game. However, they've been awful in the 3rd quarter lately so.. *shrug*

Also, that KANGZ sign is amazing.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Who's he supposed to play instead of? Afflalo just played his best half of basketball and Ben has, rightfully, not seen the floor since the first quarter.
Ideally, he would play instead of Ben, not start necessarily...why he still starts is beyond me but that said, Afflalo has one good half and that means you back off of your word? good to know.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Ideally, he would play instead of Ben, not start necessarily...why he still starts is beyond me but that said, Afflalo has one good half and that means you back off of your word? good to know.
Well it's only been one half since Joerger said he'd play the young guys more and in that one half the old guys played really good so I'm not so sure right now is the right time to claim Joerger lied or whatever

Temple & Casspi in = Suddenly we play D...
They both have not scored, but they have a +/-
of 12 and 13, respectively.
...And then they are both pulled out, and our D sucks again.

We had a 17-4 run with both of them in (from 10:00 until 4:00 in the 2nd)
with ZERO field goals for the Nuggets in those 6 minutes (!)

Then they are subbed out (4:00 & 2:29 min. left in the 2nd)
and in those 2:29 minutes left in the quarter,
the Nuggets outscore us 6-11, raining 3 threes in 1 last minute!

SMH