[Game] Kings @ Magic - 3/23/2024 - 4:00PM PST/7:00PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO hot takes are best left for Twitter. When 90 percent of your posts are some version of “Barnes sucks” it doesn’t feel like a meaningful and sincere contribution to the discussion.

having said that, I should have just ignored the comments and moved on. Lesson learned.
We agree on all points.

You calling people the "rainbows crowd" and getting defensive for posters standing up for an actual argument and good discourse is very concerning.

These people get called out because they say just say crap without any sort of qualifying evidence. Where I respect you, is when you call things out, you at least have some sort of qualifer as to why you hold that opinion. I disagree heavily on a lot of things we talk about, but we can actually have a reasonable basketball discussion with good discourse. I leave our conversations thinking about differing viewpoints, which, is good. But if you're not going to let people challenge opposing viewpoints and cry "attack", then there's really no point to a message board.

That dude who makes the "A year wasted thanks to Monte", "Are we going to acknowledge how bad Huerter has been" without any sort of argument deserves to be ridiculed and called out. There's posters that wait for a loss and come in here and say "LOLZ I KNEW IT ALL ALONG, WE SUCK HAHAHAH" type of nonsense and they just rag on whoever their least favorite player, coach or GM is and claim what a waste of space those guys are.

Slab is of course the exception because that dude just loves to be 0-100 as a fan of his sports teams. But he's actually a fan and has shown he likes this team (sometimes)

I tangle with these guys and they get mad at me because their argument dies literally after one post and asking them to qualify and back up the statement they made. And then I get accused of "attacking" them, when I never resort to personal attacks and then they try and attack me.
I wasn’t calling you out because you do attack the comment generally and not the poster. BTW so does @iowamcnabb whom I generally like. I only called him out because he is a thoughtful poster and I knew he would take my comment as intended.

For the record we all should strive to challenge the post and not attack the poster. Heck as a country we need to get back to that!

In fairness, that’s become a part of today’s NBA unfortunately.

I see it multiple times a game in pretty much every game. And seemingly more so down the stretch by the team trailing by multiple possessions. Not all off-the-dribble, but forced nonetheless. I just watched the Warriors shoot themselves out of the game late today against Minnesota.

This KINGS team often gets lazy regardless whether up or down by multiple possessions.
I think we might be overreacting a bit with fox taking so many 3's. He'll undoubtedly have games where he shoots over 10 3's here and there and hes earned that for himself being the guy. It would although worry me a bit he does shoot over 10 on a consistent basis though. Unless he's the caliber a shooter as curry I don't think it's his biggest goto strength.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I think we might be overreacting a bit with fox taking so many 3's. He'll undoubtedly have games where he shoots over 10 3's here and there and hes earned that for himself being the guy. It would although worry me a bit he does shoot over 10 on a consistent basis though. Unless he's the caliber a shooter as curry I don't think it's his biggest goto strength.
Suggs probably deserves a bit of credit too. Guy was really getting into Fox all game and generally denying him driving lanes (and Fox still dropped 30 on his head). Last bad foul excluded, he played Fox better than most.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Suggs probably deserves a bit of credit too. Guy was really getting into Fox all game and generally denying him driving lanes (and Fox still dropped 30 on his head). Last bad foul excluded, he played Fox better than most.
I love watching Suggs play defense. He has a DPOY award in his future I think

I don't like Fox taking many 3 points attempts as well especially when those are not open or wide open. In case they are "good looks" I wouldn't mind but the majority of them in both the last matches that he shot 27 were not so good looks (a couple of them were even in fast break without him being open).
In general 3 pointers tend to be considered as "panacea" (Mark Jones used that word) but to me is like a knife that both sides have sharp edges and it's not easy to know how to grab if for not getting hurt. Of course it's fine to use 3 pointers when it seems like a good option but let's get not obsessed with that and explore all options to choose the best one in every single possession.

Anyone open to that Kevin Huerter for Jonathan Isaac trade now? ;)

The guy is an absolute animal defensively. I honestly think he is one of (if not the) best defenders I have ever watched play. He seems like the perfect fit next to Sabonis…
  • 26 years old
  • Excellent size & length (9’0.5” standing reach and 7’1.25” wingspan
  • Great athleticism, fluidity, and versatility
  • Excellent shot blocker (2.8 blks per36)
  • Excellent active hands defensively (1.7 stls and 3.1 deflections per36)
  • Does not foul while defending (2.5 fouls per36)
  • Excellent rebounder (10.3 rebs per36)
  • Good shooter (.385 3P% on 4.4 3PA per36)
  • Good scorer (16.6 pts per36 on .622 TS%)
If only the guy could stay healthy…

Status
Not open for further replies.